Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches

Mar 1, 2012 Full story: The Skanner 9,656

With Maryland poised to legalize gay marriage, some conservative opponents and religious leaders are counting on members of their congregations, especially in black churches, to upend the legislation at the polls this fall.

Full Story

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#8199 Nov 16, 2012
iamcuriousnow wrote:
what is same sex marriage??????????I know there is different sex marriage but same sex marriage seems .....kind of like an impossibilty
There ISN'T a Same-Sex marriage or a Different-sex marriage.......THERE IS JUST MARRIAGE THAT EITHER INVOLVES A SAME-SEX COUPLE OR AN OPPOSITE-SEX COUPLE.......and as for your comment about who carries who over the threshold......who ever wants to do it......it matters not......and usually both get the pre-wedding jitters......it's only natural!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8200 Nov 17, 2012
The majority is wrong; changing the definition of marriage harms everyone.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#8201 Nov 17, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
And yet, you have NEVER been able to show a single adverse affect. Not one. You have never proven that marriage is bad for gay couples and bad for their kids. You have never proven that married gay couples are harmful to society in ANY way.

That's because you can't.

And yet you are so divorced from reality that you continue to make statements to the contrary, knowing you can't logically back them up.

That's not a sign of a sane mind.

United States

#8202 Nov 17, 2012
iamcuriousnow wrote:
somehow two men or two women married I don't know-who carries who over the threshold-which one gets the jitters on the first night?????
Why does anyone have to carry anyone else over a threshold? And, who is required to have "jitters", or not have them?

Are there rules like that for straight couples? Who enforces them? The Marriage Police?

United States

#8203 Nov 17, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
would you?
nope.
why do you think your opposition is ever going to give up?
a compromise is the only way out...like abortion it will never be over...
BTW, I have my rights...so who is really whining?
I am only trying to show you that when people rely on procreation they are informed, not bigots....but you refuse to believe people don't hate you...
The opposition is getting smaller and smaller. As long as they lose the right to prevent some couples form marrying simply because of gender, who cares how they feel?

It's not like it affects them in any way. As long sa they keep their ignorance to themselves, everything will be just fine.

Your last sentence doesn't make sense, though. Procreation is not a requirement for marriage. Anywhere in the US. So, who would be relying on it to obtain a marriage license?

Since: Aug 11

Santa Cruz, CA

#8204 Nov 17, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, you have NEVER been able to show a single adverse affect. Not one. You have never proven that marriage is bad for gay couples and bad for their kids. You have never proven that married gay couples are harmful to society in ANY way.
That's because you can't.
And yet you are so divorced from reality that you continue to make statements to the contrary, knowing you can't logically back them up.
That's not a sign of a sane mind.
Brian is a troll.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#8205 Nov 17, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
I helps same-sex families and couples.

You lied Brian.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#8206 Nov 17, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Sorry Brian, but it doesn't harm everyone......just people like you and even then, it doesn't harm you......you just don't like it!!!

And now, you sound just like Brian Brown, Tony Perkins and the other anti-gay bigots......whining about how they lost!!!
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

#8207 Nov 17, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
You have FAILED to prove your case, Brian. Probably because you have no evidence.

“for sure__maybe”

Since: Mar 11

Dubtown Ohio

#8208 Nov 17, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does anyone have to carry anyone else over a threshold? And, who is required to have "jitters", or not have them?
Are there rules like that for straight couples? Who enforces them? The Marriage Police?
because a marriage(union between male and female) the groom(the male) carries the bride(the female) across the threshold and then the groom(the male) wants to have sex with the bride(the female) and the groom(the male)gets all nervous...that's the wedding night jitters.

Santa Cruz, CA

#8209 Nov 17, 2012
Mona Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
You have FAILED to prove your case, Brian. Probably because you have no evidence.
Nothing new about that. The Prop 8 plaintiffs also lacked evidence.

“Equality for ALL”

Since: Jul 10

Massachusetts

#8210 Nov 17, 2012
iamcuriousnow wrote:
because a marriage(union between male and female) the groom(the male) carries the bride(the female) across the threshold and then the groom(the male) wants to have sex with the bride(the female) and the groom(the male)gets all nervous...that's the wedding night jitters.
Which state/jurisdiction has those rules built into its marriage laws? Never heard of any of those as being required.

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#8211 Nov 17, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing new about that. The Prop 8 plaintiffs also lacked evidence.
You mean the Prop 8 proponents, right? The Plaintiffs were represented by Olson and Boies:-)

Santa Cruz, CA

#8212 Nov 17, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Prop 8 proponents, right? The Plaintiffs were represented by Olson and Boies:-)
Sorry. Of course. Ooops At least someone reads my posts.

Kudos.
soapmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#8213 Nov 17, 2012
youtube.com/watch... FM I doubt that Black Churchs will do such,,,,Gay isnt a big important issue
NoQ

Santa Cruz, CA

#8215 Nov 17, 2012
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you fking Fa$$ots, everyone but HO:MOS are trolls. You Fa$$ots are ASSTROLLS.
WTF?

U R a babbling idiot

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#8216 Nov 17, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry. Of course. Ooops At least someone reads my posts.
Kudos.
Isn't it good to know that our posts get read......lol!!!

I knew what ya meant....but these other idiots might get the wrong idea.......lol!!!
Inquiring Mind

Harrisburg, PA

#8217 Nov 17, 2012
Why not simply call such a church that doesn't really care about what its holy book says about anything about is a law unto itself what it reallly is? A ridiclous travesty.
Inquiring Mind

Harrisburg, PA

#8218 Nov 17, 2012
....and is a law unto itself...

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#8219 Nov 18, 2012
Why not call a mind incapable of thinking for itself what it really is: a travesty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
US judge strikes down Arkansas' gay marriage ba... 11 min Reverend Alan 26
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... 14 min Obvious 689
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 25 min Reverend Alan 1,214
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 38 min Rick in Kansas 3,537
Same-sex marriage is just the beginning 54 min Drilling for the ... 7
Is Vladimir Putin Another Adolf Hitler? 1 hr Lukashenko is Dr ... 2,751
Homosexuality 'promotes bonding' 1 hr Wondering 53
Gay brains similar to opposite-sex straight brains 5 hr Belle Sexton 29
CBS Network's 'Home for the Holidays' Special W... 7 hr seclu 144
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 9 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,968