Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches

Mar 1, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Skanner

With Maryland poised to legalize gay marriage, some conservative opponents and religious leaders are counting on members of their congregations, especially in black churches, to upend the legislation at the polls this fall.

Comments
6,901 - 6,920 of 9,656 Comments Last updated Nov 19, 2013

Since: Apr 11

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

WelbyMD wrote:
<quoted text>OR THEY can do like Obama's church i.e. Obama benefited from Wright’s “Down Low Club,” part of a documented underground subculture in which black men who engage in homosexual activity marry to maintain respectability in public. As a young single woman, Michelle Robinson was a fixture in the home of civil rights leader Jesse Jackson, who along with Rev. Jeremiah Wright “arranged” her marriage to Barack Obama.
Michelle Obama “just about grew up in Jesse Jackson’s home.”
“Jesse should have charged her rent and board for the amount of time she spent in his home instead of her own,” she said.
Jackson’s daughter, Santita, is still one of Michelle’s best friends. Santita and Jesse Jr. call her “sis,” short for “sister.”
She has known Michelle Obama since they car-pooled together as high school classmates. Santita was maid of honor at Michelle and Barack Obama’s wedding, and she is the godmother to the Obama’s older daughter, Malia.
Robyn also pointed out Jesse Jackson Jr., a Democratic Party member of the U.S. House from Illinois, served as the national co-chairman of Obama’s 2008 presidential campaign.
“It all relates back to Trinity and to the Jesse Jackson orbit of blacks here in Chicago who gave Obama legitimacy and helped him establish his identity as a black man,” Robyn explained.
www.WND.com
World Nut Daily.
Dismissed.

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
You have every right to live together and no one has said that you can not but when you attempt to impose your will upon us and attack the sacrament of marriage, than we are forced to stand up and be counted.
"The Elements of a Natural Marriage:"
1.It is a union of opposite sexes.
2.It is a lifelong union, ending only with the death of one spouse.
3.It excludes a union with any other person so long as the marriage exists.
4.Its lifelong nature and exclusiveness are guaranteed by contract.
So, even at a natural level, "homosexual marriage" is not compatible with marriage, and a lack of commitment means that no marriage has taken place.
http://catholicism.about.com/od/beliefsteachi...
Catholic teachings.
Dismissed.
BTW, what is the divorce rate for people against gay marriage?
Soo True

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an article that might help you understand:
Compared to straight men, gay men are more likely to be left-handed, to be the younger siblings of older brothers, and to have hair that whorls in a counterclockwise direction.
Left-handed people are more likely to be straight than gay, younger siblings of older brothers are more likely to be straight than gay, and people that have hair that whorls in a counterclockwise direction are more likely to be straight than gay. I still don't see how that does anything to prove there is a gene that makes people to be gay.

Soo True

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Not true.
LOL, than tell me what gene it is. It is easy to verify with a microscope.
Soo True

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know this...how?
There is no proof of it.
Soo True

Chanute, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so stupid, it's funny.
Homosexuality and sterility are not the same thing.
Gay people have kids all the same ways straight people do.
Married couples of the opposite sex have sex to create children. Married couples of the same sex can not have sex and produce babies. You are so stupid.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Soo True wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. A genetic test can be done to determine if someone is male or female, you have the X or the Y. There is no other. The human body is designed to operate in a specific way. A male body is designed to have sex with a female body, for the purpose of maintaining an existence of the species.
Researchers failed to find any genetic reason for people being homosexual, so some have turned to explain it as genetic by using non genetic data. There have been studies where researchers inject hormones into animals to create a chemical imbalance or surplus in the animal. They then place the animal in a cage with a same sex animal, and observe homosexual activity. That suggest that if a person has a defective hormone system, they many become homosexual. The human body does not function perfectly. Some people have defective immune systems, some can not maintain a balanced sugar level in their blood, or even produce effective sperm. What the researchers proved is that you can make a rats hormone balance not what it was designed to be, and get a result that is not what was designed to be. Researchers have also observed animals, like dogs, display homosexual activity, and say it genetic. However, when dogs try to have sex with a human leg, or a piece of furniture, it is just listed as something non-genetic. Use can use specific information, and exclude specific information, and form any conclusion you want.
Sexual orientation HAS nothing to do with being a male or female..........so, it would be you who is wrong!!!

Sorry, but NOT all male bodies are design to have sex with a woman........if one is straight and attracted to the opposite-sex......then yes, a man would be designed to have sex with a woman!!!

The same is true for women.......a Lesbian is not interested in having sex with a man, therefore her body is designed to be with another woman:-)

Gays and Lesbians can procreate, just not necessarily the same way as heterosexuals do......and allowing Gays and Lesbians to have the right to marry, WILL NOT have any affect on heterosexuals getting married and having children!!!

Please provide a link to where you gathered your information from......if you can't, well, I'll go with what has been written on the subject:-)

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Soo True wrote:
<quoted text>
Left-handed people are more likely to be straight than gay, younger siblings of older brothers are more likely to be straight than gay, and people that have hair that whorls in a counterclockwise direction are more likely to be straight than gay. I still don't see how that does anything to prove there is a gene that makes people to be gay.
Again, where do you get your information from? and you'd be wrong with regards to boys being born........the more boys a woman has, the greater the chance that the younger ones might be Gay because her body will put out more estrogen, thus having an affect on the boy child.

There ISN'T a PARTICULAR gene......there are MANY genes!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Soo True wrote:
<quoted text>
Married couples of the opposite sex have sex to create children. Married couples of the same sex can not have sex and produce babies. You are so stupid.
Sorry, but married couples or unmarried couples have sex for many reasons.......and sometimes it's for having children.......but most of the time IT'S FOR PLEASURE:-)

Married Same-Sex Couples can have sex, and it matters not if procreation occurs!!!

North Hollywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Soo True wrote:
<quoted text>
Married couples of the opposite sex have sex to create children.
Married couples of the same sex can not have sex and produce babies. You are so stupid.
I said:
"Gay people have kids all the same ways straight people do".

Didn't mention marriage.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Soo True wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that the old in-out progeny are superior to adopted children and children of single parents. That's not very nice you know.

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you started out good, but somewhere STUPID got in the way towards your ending comment.........Gays and Lesbians having the right to marry WILL NOT have any affect on what heterosexuals do or don't do with regards to marrying or procreating........and just for your information.......Gays and Lesbians ARE NOT incapable of having children!!!
But gay marriage will affect all of us. It further opens the door for you to teach other people's kids your ideas about sexuality.

http://www.healthiersf.org/LGBTQ/InTheClassro...

“You wish you were here!!”

Since: May 09

The OC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it social engineering? I've looked at your link and nothing is teaching kids to accept homosexuals.......just that it exists and it's unacceptable to bully kids who are different or have different families!!!
You do know that kids as young as 5 have parents who are of the Same-Sex, right? Are you aware of exactly how much kids are taught about heterosexuality EVERYDAY? In schools, by their teachers, who discuss their husbands, wives and children. On TV, with regards to just about every show or commercial and just in conversations with their friends and other people they interact with and we can't forget what they see at their local park with the amount of public displays(or sexual interaction)that young adolescents do........so, what exactly is your point? It's not okay to let kids know that Gays and Lesbians exist, YET......it's okay to shove heterosexuality at them, NO QUESTIONS ASK, right?
So, whose doing the ACTUAL social engineering here?
Public schools need to teach kindergartners that "gays exist"? Really? That's it...huh? If you can't be at least half honest then why should I bother posting to you?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
But gay marriage will affect all of us. It further opens the door for you to teach other people's kids your ideas about sexuality.
http://www.healthiersf.org/LGBTQ/InTheClassro...
How so? Did your marriage have any affect on me? Has my marriage had any affect on you or your marriage?

Why would I teach ANYONE'S kid about sexuality? I've already seen your link and disagree with you about what you think it does!!!

Should school be allowed to teach my grandchild about heterosexuality? No, but it does each and every day just because the teachers speak about their spouses, children and grandchildren........why is that necessary? or even appropriate? If I want my grandchild to know of these things, they will be taught when the child is ready.......but in reality......they already hear about it every day in school, on the streets, by young adolescent teenagers with raging hormones and on the TV.......so, please tell me why you think one is okay, but not the other!!!

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
Public schools need to teach kindergartners that "gays exist"? Really? That's it...huh? If you can't be at least half honest then why should I bother posting to you?
Do public schools need to teach kindergartners that "heterosexuals exist? I mean come on.......schools need to be safe havens for ALL sorts of kids and their families........and it is you that is not being honest with what your thoughts are.........sorry, but frankly, I've not seen any of those things being taught at my grandchild's school and if they were......no big deal because they aren't what you think they are.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
From the link you provided:
Support Services for LGBTQ Youth assists school staff and administrators in understanding and implementing policies and procedures that create safer school communities for all of our students. District specific data supports implementing these policies through our many programs and curricula.

A discussion about gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender and questioning people does not constitute a discussion about human sexuality or family life education and does NOT require parent notification according to the California Education Code.

The California Education Code (51938) mandates that parents/ caregivers be notified 15 days before classroom instruction about sexuality, human growth and development, including sexually transmitted disease/HIV infection. Further, parents/caregivers must be given the opportunity to review instructional materials and exclude their child from curriculum sections related to family life and sexuality. Parent Notification materials can be found in the District Student and Parent/Guardian Handbook, distributed each academic year.

Parent notification does NOT need to be sent in the following instances, which reflect the teachable moment:
When students ask for definitions: What does gay mean?

When intervening in name calling incidents

When students discuss families

Reading a book with LGBTQ character(s)/plots/subplots.

When celebrating Diversity Days, Gay Pride, or Health Fairs

Speaking about LGBTQ persons in the curriculum other than Health.

Teachers may include topics about LGBTQ persons in classroom discussions.
This includes, but is not limited to: LGBTQ historical figures, family members, and the community.

No Parental Notification is needed for these classroom discussions
http://www.healthiersf.org/LGBTQ/GetTheFacts/...

Did ya read the whole site? or just what you didn't agree with or like?

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the dude who wants to reprogram other people's kids in school..
where's freedom there?
Oh I see, YOUR freedom right?
We seek to be free from govt...
you seek GOVERNMENT RECOGNITION,
you seek GOVT INTERFERENCE to raise your coinage..
you SEEK daddy govt to make life fair..
your are the enemy of a libertarian..
you are weak, and need a paternal govt...
I remember that speech. It's from the "Government doesn't create jobs" catalog of stupid political rhetoric.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

Crazy wrote:
The desire to eat is genetic, it is our nature. It is a combination of nature and nurture as to how you deal with that genetic drive. When starving, some people will steal food without hesitation, some will debate stealing it before they do, some will not steal. Some will kill another person for the food, some will not. Some will even kill another person and eat them. Genes play a part in how well someone controls their urge to eat. What a person finds attractive in another person is also a combination of nature and nurture. Some men like big breast, others like blondes. As humans, even though you may be attracted to big breast, you can choose not to have sex with every big breasted woman you meet. You can choose not to rape a woman to satisfy you desire. You can even choose to marry a woman with small breast.
There is not a gene that makes people gay. A person becomes gay because of nature and nurture, but there is no specific gene that makes them gay. Being human, they also have choice. Now if someone thinks they are gay, then they are, You can not expect them to change what they are attracted to, or fault them for being gay. It does not make them bad people. However, being gay is not what we want the human race to be. The reason there is not a gene that makes people gay is because goes against what life is. Life requires reproduction, it is in the definition of what makes life. You can not have life without reproduction. If a gene developed in an organism that stopped reproduction, it would not pass the gene on. For governments to reward people for being gay, or to encourage people to be gay, the government would become anti-life. There is also the danger that society not only makes it acceptable, but the preferred. It may sound crazy, but you have to realize the number of gays is growing. Someday it may be the "hip" thing to be. Someday heterosexuals may become the minority, and from there they disappear all together. Extinction of humans.
For those that want to argue that being gay is caused by a gene, don't. Just prove it. Find the gene that only gay people have, and use it as justification for gay marriage. Having it as a scientific fact, a law, in the science community will help your cause. Two gays that have the gene can marry, if they don't they can't marry. That removes the danger of gay marriage driving our species to extinction.
Honey you could have just stopped with your screen name; we'd have believed you. But we DO appreciate you wanting to make sure we all knew and were clear.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>

What I am opposed to is you people using the public school system to teach other people's kids your version and ideas of sexuality and the morality behind it.
But it's O.K. for you to insist YOUR civil rights matter more than any other parent's.

IOW you're asking why you can't behave like a spoiled brat and always get everything you want because the universe revolves around you.

We got it. Thanks for sharing.

NEXT

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
You know it and they are relentless in their anti-American efforts to silence us, they went after Rush and have gone after FOX non stop.
Silence those who dare tell the truth is their liberal motto. The liberal media can do no wrong but moderate common sense media must be silenced.
"There's a "Sickness and Darkness" in Liberal Media"
Sarah Palin
I wish your party would make up it's mind about the whole "Govt doesn't create jobs" Slogan. Seems your guys claimed your guy will create all sorts of jobs in that debate the other night.

Heck the only reason Sarah even makes the news anymore is because she LOST an election and quit a job she couldn't handle.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••