Maryland Gay Marriage Could Hinge on Black Churches

Mar 1, 2012 Full story: The Skanner 9,656

With Maryland poised to legalize gay marriage, some conservative opponents and religious leaders are counting on members of their congregations, especially in black churches, to upend the legislation at the polls this fall.

Full Story

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#7305 Oct 4, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
I just watched the debate. I think Obama is about to flushed!
Nobody cares about that shit. Everyone's mind is already made up. Keep dreaming.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#7306 Oct 4, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Women were given the vote by the 19th Amendment in 1920, men always had the right to vote.
What do you mean, "citizenship rights"? Can you cite an Amendment or clause in the Constitution?
It called the equal protection clause of the 14th Amendment.

Loved the rash of post about me, putting me down and mocking me, while at the same time claiming you never insult people or try to harm gays and lesbians. And at the same time insisting that supporting your ban on SSM isn't a ban, and that you aren't trying to cause anyone harm.

Good lord, I wonder if other people's eyes begin to cross like mine do whenever you display your "logic".

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#7307 Oct 4, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
No Rose...this is why I personally do not support gay marriage. I don't need any other reasoning nor do I need your agreement.
"Gay marriage would further open the door for you people to teach your particular views on sexuality to other people's children."
How would that work exactly? Different views on sexuality can be taught regardless of the legal status of gay marriage.

Rose's Law:
Morons with no real argument scream, "But what about the children!?"

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#7308 Oct 4, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
They are equal now, that's all that matters. The Constitution is a living document which gets interpreted differently over time. The year is 2012 to the best of my knowledge. Citizenship rights are guaranteed by the 14th amendment.
With Amendment 9 running a close second.

Los Angeles, CA

#7309 Oct 4, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
"Abuse"..."bloo dletting"? That is simply your ridiculous and hysterical opinion.
Rose's law my butt.
Not at all, there is no evidence you can council away someone's orientation. What could someone say to you that could change yours?

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#7310 Oct 4, 2012
WaterBoarder wrote:
<quoted text>
No Rose...this is why I personally do not support gay marriage. I don't need any other reasoning nor do I need your agreement.
"Gay marriage would further open the door for you people to teach your particular views on sexuality to other people's children."
It'll happen with a ban too. But I like how you want to deprive my sisters children a quality education just so you can feel better for not giving your own children all the facts about sex and human sexuality.

It's just so "republican" of you.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#7311 Oct 4, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all, there is no evidence you can council away someone's orientation. What could someone say to you that could change yours?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/04/aaro...

A Southern California college student who claims he reversed his own homosexuality with reparative therapy has filed a lawsuit against California for its ban on "gay cures."

Aaron Blitzer, of Culver City, is studying to be an ex-gay therapist and says, along with two other co-plaintiff therapists, that the ban prevents them from doing their job and infringes on their rights to free speech, privacy and freedom of religion, Gay Star News reports.

I thought you guys were into "FREEDOM"....

Los Angeles, CA

#7312 Oct 4, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
it says our ability to procreate within the union is a reason marriage is protected...
not surprised you can't connect the dots...
better you just played with the icons dude...
You don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
No amount of your taking statements from court cases out of context and twisting them will change that.

Los Angeles, CA

#7313 Oct 4, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
A Southern California college student who claims he reversed his own homosexuality with reparative therapy has filed a lawsuit against California for its ban on "gay cures."
Aaron Blitzer, of Culver City, is studying to be an ex-gay therapist and says, along with two other co-plaintiff therapists, that the ban prevents them from doing their job and infringes on their rights to free speech, privacy and freedom of religion, Gay Star News reports.
LOL. Should a licensed doctor be "free" to use bloodletting on his patients?

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#7314 Oct 4, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
so that's how you feel about me asking you to indicate a good one?
you said some of these support you, WHICH ONES?
oh forget it, talk about your feelings with someone else, I could not get you to have a conversation of substance even when i lead you to the sources...
There's NO conversing with you.......you believe that you are right in everything you post and are unwilling to even look at another's view point......you've done it with anyone and everyone who has responded to you........except maybe those who might happen to agree with you.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#7315 Oct 4, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
What has this to do with the right to marry? If ya want to discuss that topic......go do so in that thread!!!

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#7317 Oct 4, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
We are. That's why this story appears on our forum.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#7318 Oct 4, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's NO conversing with you.......you believe that you are right in everything you post and are unwilling to even look at another's view point......you've done it with anyone and everyone who has responded to you........except maybe those who might happen to agree with you.
not true. "Snyper" has made some good points as well as "not yet eqaul" when he was around..
just none of you do...

you want me to take how you feel as a fact and I am not willing to do so...

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#7319 Oct 4, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
not true. "Snyper" has made some good points as well as "not yet eqaul" when he was around..
just none of you do...
you want me to take how you feel as a fact and I am not willing to do so...
That's all ya got......you think that all I have posted is just how I feel about this issue......lol!!!!
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#7320 Oct 4, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
What has this to do with the right to marry? If ya want to discuss that topic......go do so in that thread!!!
it was a direct response to Rose's point...

So, is it alright with you if I respond to the points raised by other posters?(a little sarcasm for you, I know you just "love" it)
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#7321 Oct 4, 2012
RnL2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all ya got......you think that all I have posted is just how I feel about this issue......lol!!!!
yup, it is...

I guess now you are going to tell me how you feel about me saying that...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#7322 Oct 4, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Should a licensed doctor be "free" to use bloodletting on his patients?
I think a person is free to do what they wish with their bodies..I am surprised YOU don't think so...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#7323 Oct 4, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have to be able to procreate in order to marry.
No amount of your taking statements from court cases out of context and twisting them will change that.
twisting?

there is no twisting that the Baker court laughed your "you dont have to procreate to marry" BS right out of the court...

here it is again for you:
"Petitioners note that the state does not impose upon heterosexual married couples a condition that they have a proved capacity or declared willingness to procreate, posing a rhetorical demand that this court must read such condition into the statute if same-sex marriages are to be prohibited. Even assuming that such a condition would be neither unrealistic nor offensive under the Griswold rationale, the classification is no more than theoretically imperfect. We are reminded, however, that "abstract symmetry" is not demanded by the Fourteenth Amendment."

Yup, no twisting, its right there, your argument sucks and blows...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#7324 Oct 4, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>We are. That's why this story appears on our forum.
"our forum"?
you really do think you are special, don't you?
Mona Lott

Brooklyn, NY

#7325 Oct 4, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
it says our ability to procreate within the union is a reason marriage is protected...
not surprised you can't connect the dots...
better you just played with the icons dude...
Is procreation required for marriage in Vermont?

I'm not surprised that reality escapes you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
State of Alaska defends gay-marriage ban 12 min Poof1 121
Luhrmann, Gisele hit Chanel's Parisian boulevard 15 min Jumper The wise 4
Divorce Law Out Of Synch With Same-Sex Marriage 25 min Jumper The wise 19
Man Charged in Bushwick Anti-Gay Shooting Left ... 28 min Jumper The wise 12
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 30 min KiMerde 50,030
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 57 min NorCal Native 997
Will Golem post on Halloween night? (Oct '13) 1 hr Rainbow Kid 15
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 1 hr BARTHOLOMEW 2,248
Biggest Gay Lies 1 hr Eugene 2,197
Board member opposes teaching definition of gay 4 hr DNF 104

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE