Accused Christian Lobbying Group Shoo...

Accused Christian Lobbying Group Shooter Due In Court, Seeks Plea Deal

There are 4 comments on the CBS Local story from Feb 6, 2013, titled Accused Christian Lobbying Group Shooter Due In Court, Seeks Plea Deal. In it, CBS Local reports that:

Floyd Lee Corkins II, the man accused of shooting a security guard inside the downtown Washington headquarters of a conservative Christian lobbying group, will soon be in court amid plea negotiations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS Local.

SLIF

Hamilton, Canada

#1 Feb 6, 2013
I remember seeing that on tv.The press hasn't covered the story much.
Valentines Day

Huntington, MA

#2 Feb 6, 2013
When a cook shoots a Christain there is no media outrage or need for gun control. You bastards are the devil.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Feb 6, 2013
This is terrorism. Attacking a person or a group of people for political reasons is the definition of terrorism. While most of us posting here are strongly in favor of equal marriage rights, such as myself, I doubt very many of us posting here, advocate violence to achieve that end.

This guy SHOULD get life in prison with no possibilty of parole for his terrorism. There should be NO plea negotiation.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#4 Feb 6, 2013
He pled guilty to terroism charges. He SHOULD get the death penalty. Or at LEAST life in prison with no chance of parole.

This lousy plea bargin is a gift, and the prosecuter is derelict in his duties for offering it.

And while we're on the subject..... I believe the federal government, and EVERY state, should have a special trial court that tries ONLY capital cases, and that the federal government and EVERY state should have a special appeals court that hears ONLY capital cases.

And that once the appeals have been exhausted, the person sentenced should be executed witin 90 days.

Frequently, death penalty cases drag on for decades. This is NOT justice.

The murderer of President McKinley was indicted, tried, judged, sentenced, executed, and buried in an unmarked grave, all within 90 days. Surely in our high-tech world we can at LEAST equal that time frame.

Whatever hapened to the concept of speedy justice in the U.S.?!

Americans have a constitutional RIGHT to a speedy trial but seldom demand that Right. They frequently sign it away.

And btw, "speedy trial" is NOT a colloquialism but is in fact a legal term with precise definitions that vary according to jurisdiction.

In federal criminal cases, The Speedy Trial Act of 1974 (88 Stat. 2080, as amended August 2, 1979, 93 Stat. 328, 18 U.S.C.ยงยง 3161-3174[1]), establishes time limits for completing the various stages of a federal criminal prosecution.

And each state has similar laws defining what a speedy trial is (generally 180 days). If a defendant's trial does not take place within the time frame of what a speedy trial is, the state (or federal government as teh case must be) is legally obligated to dismiss the charges. Nearly always, a defendant is asked to sign a document waiving their right to a speedy trial. Generally, I think ths is a mistake on the defendant's part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 7 min toabhah 36,045
News Pope says gay people deserve an apology 8 min DaveinMass 10
The NE Jade Monday Afternoon Thread 14 min Melvin 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 18 min Respect71 37,300
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 25 min Frankie Rizzo 668
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 37 min Frankie Rizzo 13,039
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 40 min June VanDerMark 10,669
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 933
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 8 hr Mite Be 40
More from around the web