Video: Holder: Voting Rights ruling a...

Video: Holder: Voting Rights ruling a "serious and unnecessary setback"

There are 73 comments on the CBS News story from Jun 25, 2013, titled Video: Holder: Voting Rights ruling a "serious and unnecessary setback". In it, CBS News reports that:

Attorney General Eric Holder vowed the Justice Department will "zealously guard" equal voting practices after the Supreme Court struck down a section of the Voting Rights Act, weakening a tool the federal government has used for nearly five decades to block discriminatory voting laws.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Hillary f*cking LIED!!”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#48 Jun 26, 2013
Gary wrote:
The Ku Klux Klan has won the first round.
The armed wing of the Democratic party!!

Since: Mar 09

The Left Coast

#49 Jun 26, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the Black Panthers? Wait, that's the voter security section. Sorry.

Since: Jun 13

Lithonia, GA

#50 Jun 27, 2013
I disagree with Holder. This is actually a step forward. No everyone is treated equal. No special rights for any select group of people. If discrimination arises, there is still a system is place to protect people's rights.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#51 Jun 27, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
I disagree with Holder. This is actually a step forward. No everyone is treated equal. No special rights for any select group of people. If discrimination arises, there is still a system is place to protect people's rights.
Everyone treated equal??? I suppose if the guy at the voting booth, checking everyone, thinks you will vote for a republican, you get to vote, if he thinks you won't, you can't vote. Is that what you mean by being treated equally?
spud

United States

#52 Jun 27, 2013
We trivialize the right to vote by overturning voter ID laws. Without a voter verification process, we open the door for fraud and our elections lose whatever integrity they claim to still have. The real joke is when we send observers overseas to monitor other countries elections, as if our elections are above corruption.

Lithonia, GA

#53 Jun 27, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>Everyone treated equal??? I suppose if the guy at the voting booth, checking everyone, thinks you will vote for a republican, you get to vote, if he thinks you won't, you can't vote. Is that what you mean by being treated equally?
You must not have read the law. Everyone of legal age can still vote

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#55 Jun 27, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, no.
This all started when the IRS ADMITTED targeting conservative groups, in response to a question from themselves.
Another IRS Official Takes the Fifth

Fox News

• Deputy IRS Director Greg Roseman, who aided the awarding of more than $500 million in agency contracts to a company owned by a friend of his, is the second IRS official in recent weeks to refuse to testify at a congressional hearing. Corruption at it’s finest.

Paris

#56 Jun 27, 2013
spud wrote:
We trivialize the right to vote by overturning voter ID laws. Without a voter verification process, we open the door for fraud and our elections lose whatever integrity they claim to still have. The real joke is when we send observers overseas to monitor other countries elections, as if our elections are above corruption.
Liberals never win on a level playing field, that's why they cheat and commit fraud.

Since: Feb 08

Hypoluxo Fl

#58 Jun 27, 2013
Retired SOF wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Retired Piece of Frightwing Hypocritical Dogshit" shows his shit smooged face again.

Hypoluxo Fl

#59 Jun 27, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Another IRS Official Takes the Fifth
Fox News
• Deputy IRS Director Greg Roseman, who aided the awarding of more than $500 million in agency contracts to a company owned by a friend of his, is the second IRS official in recent weeks to refuse to testify at a congressional hearing. Corruption at it’s finest.
Off topic DUMBOSPAM.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

#60 Jun 27, 2013
BiggBBoss wrote:
<quoted text>
You must not have read the law. Everyone of legal age can still vote
You mean if you pass the test. A simple test really, just read out loud the words on this card and if you get it right you can vote.

Here is the test: "It is not legal for me to vote."

So you claim it is not legal for you to vote, no ballot for you.

Come on, do you really think they will let people vote whom they think will vote the "wrong" way?

Carthage, TN

#61 Jun 27, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>You mean if you pass the test. A simple test really, just read out loud the words on this card and if you get it right you can vote.

Come on, do you really think they will let people vote whom they think will vote the "wrong" way?
Reading won't disqualify anyone from voting. I actually encourage people to learn how to read. I find it very useful. I would be more concerned About the rigging of electronic voting machines.

Paris

#62 Jun 27, 2013
tea-baggage wrote:
<quoted text>
so long as it makes you feel better about supporting t-losers - then go with it spambo-jambo
bwa ha haha ha ha haha ha ...
Did the 11 endictments agaainn ACORN make you laugh also or the women in Ohio that voted six times for Obama.

Paris

#63 Jun 27, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean if you pass the test. A simple test really, just read out loud the words on this card and if you get it right you can vote.
I hope you don't breed your stupidity.
Old Coastie

United States

#64 Jun 27, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone treated equal??? I suppose if the guy at the voting booth, checking everyone, thinks you will vote for a republican, you get to vote, if he thinks you won't, you can't vote. Is that what you mean by being treated equally?
And this happens where? When?
And do you have a small guy dressed like you,standing next to you yelling, "Da plane"

Or is that why you feel the need for the so called black panthers to stand guard with clubs to make sure you know who to vote for?
conservative crapola

Bethlehem, PA

#65 Jun 27, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you laughing at the cons attempt to fix Florida? Pout away, little one.
Justin

United States

#67 Jun 27, 2013
Now that states are allowing illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses, the Democrats won't be so much opposed to voter identification.
senior citizen

Granite City, IL

#68 Jun 27, 2013
Justin wrote:
Now that states are allowing illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses, the Democrats won't be so much opposed to voter identification.
Yes, but they still should be a citizen. Of course we all know that won't be the case either. ACORN got all the dead people voting they can create another miracle and get all the illegal’s voting.

Hypoluxo Fl

#69 Jun 27, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>I hope you don't breed your stupidity.
You breathe yours, DUMBOSPAMBOT.
See the Light

United States

#70 Jun 27, 2013
Don Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
That's Democrappers way!They are just mad its harder for them to rig the election.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 38,868
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 7 min Strel 16,063
News Man charged after lubricant dispenser filled wi... 16 min Mite Be 17
My bf and my straight friend 17 min Help 1
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 26 min Gremlin 16
News Kentucky Has a Gay Senate Candidate - Does Anyb... 38 min Religion is insanity 5
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 39 min June VanDerMark 11,328
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 59 min Lawrence Wolf 116
More from around the web