Governor Denies Benefits to All Soldi...

Governor Denies Benefits to All Soldiers to Discriminate Against Gay Ones

Posted in the Gay/Lesbian Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 24, 2013
FTA:
" ... In September, Fallin vowed to prohibit Oklahoma’s National Guard from providing benefits to married same-sex couples, directly violating a Pentagon directive and a presidential decree. Now, after a Pentagon pushback, Fallin has doubled down, cutting spousal benefits for the entire Oklahoma National Guard, including straight couples ... "
Full Story: Slate.com
Nov. 20 2013 11:39 AM
by Mark Joseph Stern
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2013/11/20... #

Since: Apr 11

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Nov 25, 2013
snyper wrote:
FTA:
" ... In September, Fallin vowed to prohibit Oklahoma’s National Guard from providing benefits to married same-sex couples, directly violating a Pentagon directive and a presidential decree. Now, after a Pentagon pushback, Fallin has doubled down, cutting spousal benefits for the entire Oklahoma National Guard, including straight couples ... "
Full Story: Slate.com
Nov. 20 2013 11:39 AM
by Mark Joseph Stern
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2013/11/20... #
This is horrible. He's denying everybody benefits they are working for because of his bigotry! These people, straight and gay, are willing to put their lives on the line for the US. I'm puzzled by this immature behavior of the governor's. What does he hope to accomplish?

Since: Jan 12

New Port Richey, FL

#3 Nov 25, 2013
as I said on FB page Fallon apparently has no need for a National Guard in Oklahoma and all the troops should be pulled along withMilitary bases,FEMA and any other federal support systems so when a F5 tornado rips there state apart they can all turn to Falon and say Thanks
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#4 Nov 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is horrible. He's denying everybody benefits they are working for because of his bigotry! These people, straight and gay, are willing to put their lives on the line for the US. I'm puzzled by this immature behavior of the governor's. What does he hope to accomplish?
He is a she
She is one of those bleached blond 58yo republican baptist hussies who thinks she is more powerful than the federal government
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Fallin

Ridgedale, MO

#5 Nov 25, 2013
The National Guard answers to the Governor, not the Pentagon. And the Governor is required to uphold the state Constitution.

Too bad for you queers.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#6 Nov 25, 2013
I just posted this article on my Facebook page because it is time that the Federal Government STARTS pulling FUNDING from the States who refuse to follow the laws of this Country!!!

I wonder if this biotch of a politician understands that Service Members already work for low wages.......and then to deny them these additional benefits is not only legally wrong, but treasonous as well in my opinion and she should be arrested for crimes against this Country!!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Nov 25, 2013
guest wrote:
The National Guard answers to the Governor, not the Pentagon. And the Governor is required to uphold the state Constitution.
Too bad for you queers.
Nope. Pentagon trumps governors
"As of 2008, the Guard represents 7 percent of the force in Iraq and 15 percent in Afghanistan"
http://www.stripes.com/news/general-national-...

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#8 Nov 25, 2013
Anyone who claims the National Guard is solely a State entity needs to read this:
http://www.arng.army.mil/aboutus/history/Page...

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#9 Nov 25, 2013
guest wrote:
You might want to study their charter.

http://www.arng.army.mil/aboutus/history/Page...

Location hidden

#10 Nov 25, 2013
This sort of move is a disgrace, not only toward gay soldiers, but for ALL.

In her desperate attempt to harm gay soldiers, she is willing to harm them all. What kind of twisted person thinks this way?

Location hidden

#11 Nov 25, 2013
guest wrote:
Too bad for you queers.
The Oath of Office is FIRST to the Constitution of the U.S. and THEN to that of the State of Oklahoma.

It won't be much if the Fed pulls it's funding, equipment and base facilities.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#12 Nov 25, 2013
At least she's being honest about her priorities.

Obviously, hating on the gays and keeping them from being treated as equals ranks higher in her mind than honoring our service members and their families.

Sad stuff. But at least she's being honest about it. That's more than you can say for most the other hate mongers.

Location hidden

#13 Nov 25, 2013
eJohn wrote:
At least she's being honest about her priorities.
Obviously, hating on the gays and keeping them from being treated as equals ranks higher in her mind than honoring our service members and their families.
Sad stuff. But at least she's being honest about it. That's more than you can say for most the other hate mongers.
Perhaps next she'll decide that just to keep gay people from getting married, nobody should.

Can ya hear the pigs squeelin' now!

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#14 Nov 25, 2013
guest wrote:
Too bad for you queers.
If the Feds pulled the money state National Guards would fade into the sunset for the most part. States who don't want to follow federal policies should have their funding pulled.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Kansas City, MO.

#15 Nov 25, 2013
disaster in the making wrote:
as I said on FB page Fallon apparently has no need for a National Guard in Oklahoma and all the troops should be pulled along withMilitary bases,FEMA and any other federal support systems so when a F5 tornado rips there state apart they can all turn to Falon and say Thanks
Bet she didn't 'think' about that part----FEMA, tornadoes etc.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#16 Nov 25, 2013
guest wrote:
The National Guard answers to the Governor, not the Pentagon.
Not true. They are paid by the DOD, not the state. The governors have the power to call them up for assistance in emergency situations but they work for Washington.

Los Angeles, CA

#17 Nov 25, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a she
She is one of those bleached blond 58yo republican baptist hussies who thinks she is more powerful than the federal government
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Fallin
My bad.

Los Angeles, CA

#18 Nov 25, 2013
guest wrote:
Too bad for you queers.
Dummy, you didn't read the article.
It's bad for us breeders, too.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#19 Nov 25, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dummy, you didn't read the article.
It's bad for us breeders, too.
VERY true!! I wonder how long it's going to be before the straight couples that are being forced to go through the same hardships that gay couples are will start screaming about this. They're getting screwed, too.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#20 Nov 25, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
VERY true!! I wonder how long it's going to be before the straight couples that are being forced to go through the same hardships that gay couples are will start screaming about this. They're getting screwed, too.
I think it will be when gay couples can start creating children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 13 min Poof1 16,231
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 16 min Lawrence Wolf 171
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 23 min Terra Firma 38,957
News This Florida Teacher Strapped on a Dildo to Tea... (Dec '15) 27 min The Highwayman 15
News Parade kicks off Erie's pride festival 1 hr Sneaky Pete 52
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 93
News Gay club lube dispenser filled with acid 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 41
More from around the web