In U.S. fight over gay marriage, both sides gearing up for more battles

Nov 28, 2012 Full story: Reuters 1,144

Scott Everhart and Jason Welker hold each other before exchanging wedding vows at a comic book retail shop in Manhattan, New York June 20, 2012.

Full Story

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1068 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
I am too busy thinking about sex change operations and how they MANGLE our marriage laws...
Specifically how?
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1069 Dec 13, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah.....I'm not.
And I'm not into games. If I waste a day digging it out you'll just slink away.
!
sure, its only your honor, right?

I am flat out calling you a bold faced liar...

nice name change BTW...

Location hidden

#1070 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
sure, its only your honor, right?
I am flat out calling you a bold faced liar...
nice name change BTW...
I don't care "Jane".
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1071 Dec 13, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care "Jane".
I know it. That's why you continue to lie.

Location hidden

#1072 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it. That's why you continue to lie.
Your opinion.

I've dealt with bullshitters like you in hee before. Post one thing only to claim you didn't weeks or months later and make someone fish out the post made which is buried under pages of posts only to still deny it or slink away only to pop up much later as if.

It's a waste of time to do this but believe what you want.

The core of this is that gays marrying represents a civil right of other Americans whom happen to be heterosexual that want to marry and you're failing in being any sort of convincing in your opposition to it.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1073 Dec 13, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.
You claimed I said something about treating me like a lady.
you LIED.
PERIOD.

Location hidden

#1074 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed I said something about treating me like a lady.
you LIED.
PERIOD.
Your opinion.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1075 Dec 13, 2012
Wakanatabi wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinion.
that's a fact, do you need me to show you it in reality?
YOU claimed I said something, and YOU LIED.
no opinion about it.

Location hidden

#1076 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
that's a fact, do you need me to show you it in reality?
YOU claimed I said something, and YOU LIED.
no opinion about it.
Your opinion.

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

#1077 Dec 13, 2012
ontg wrote:
<quoted text>The 14th amendment will also come into play and that is where your arguement gets tricky. BTW the supremacy clause says that where the state and federal governements have joint jurisdiction the federal rules apply. The full faith and credit clause would mandate that licenses, court decrees etc. issued in one state are valid in all states.
Stop.. Everyone take a breath.. I get the feeling that a lot of people believe that the Constitution is a document that set forth the "rights" of the People.. It's not!!.. It's purpose is to limit the authority of the Federal Government.. Period!!.. If an enumerated power give them dual jurisdiction then, yes, the Supremacy Clause would let them write the rules.. But where is the ability to issue marriage licenses written down??.. It's not!!.. It's reserved to the People & the Sovereign States.. And marriage licenses & divorces have a long history of applying from one State to another.. Think of the trips taken to Las Vegas & Reno, to marry or divorce..

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#1078 Dec 13, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>Stop.. Everyone take a breath.. I get the feeling that a lot of people believe that the Constitution is a document that set forth the "rights" of the People.. It's not!!.. It's purpose is to limit the authority of the Federal Government.. Period!!.. If an enumerated power give them dual jurisdiction then, yes, the Supremacy Clause would let them write the rules.. But where is the ability to issue marriage licenses written down??.. It's not!!.. It's reserved to the People & the Sovereign States.. And marriage licenses & divorces have a long history of applying from one State to another.. Think of the trips taken to Las Vegas & Reno, to marry or divorce..
Does a straight couple have to get married in every state in order for a state to recognize them as being married? The answer is no......so, why should my legal marriage in California not be recognized as a legal marriage in Oregon? or Georgia? See, that's an issue based on nothing more than discrimination!!!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#1079 Dec 13, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
I am too busy thinking about sex change operations and how they MANGLE our marriage laws...
Fortunately, since you live in Vermont, sex change operations present no problems whatsoever. Just one less thing to confuse you. Aren't you glad?

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

#1080 Dec 13, 2012
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
Does a straight couple have to get married in every state in order for a state to recognize them as being married? The answer is no......so, why should my legal marriage in California not be recognized as a legal marriage in Oregon? or Georgia? See, that's an issue based on nothing more than discrimination!!!
Through the Supremacy Clause it is!!.. Someone wrote no, because of dual jurisdiction.. I was pointing out that there is no basis or written authority for Federal action.. Therefor your marriage would be recognized..

“TAKIA AND TA TONKA”

Since: Aug 08

HAPPY TOGETHER!!!

#1081 Dec 13, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>Through the Supremacy Clause it is!!.. Someone wrote no, because of dual jurisdiction.. I was pointing out that there is no basis or written authority for Federal action.. Therefor your marriage would be recognized..
Well, though it should be......I betting that it wouldn't be.
Ray

Lincoln City, OR

#1082 Dec 13, 2012
The Supreme Court should keep out of "gay rights". The last time the Supreme Court ruled on a social issue it ended up being one of the worst rulings in it's history(Roe v Wade).

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#1084 Dec 14, 2012
Ray wrote:
The Supreme Court should keep out of "gay rights". The last time the Supreme Court ruled on a social issue it ended up being one of the worst rulings in it's history(Roe v Wade).
Agreed.

Instead the SCOTUS should uphold EQUAL rights for gays, lesbians, & same-sex couples.

I don't want "gay rights" any more than I want "man rights" or "left-handed rights" or "readheaded rights" etc.

All I demand are my EQUAL rights.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#1085 Dec 14, 2012
Ray wrote:
Roe v Wade is not the right comparison. Loving v. Virginia is appropro.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1086 Dec 14, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Fortunately, since you live in Vermont, sex change operations present no problems whatsoever. Just one less thing to confuse you. Aren't you glad?
while there is not as legal issue any longer, it still confuses me...
When a dude becomes a female and then becomes a lesbian...who then buys and brags about a huge strap-on...

who could understand that?
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1087 Dec 14, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Instead the SCOTUS should uphold EQUAL rights for gays, lesbians, & same-sex couples.
I don't want "gay rights" any more than I want "man rights" or "left-handed rights" or "readheaded rights" etc.
All I demand are my EQUAL rights.
There are no mens' rights and womens' rights, a man wants his equal right to chose an abortion!

Wait, procreational abilities or lack thereof can be the basis for rights?

Location hidden

#1088 Dec 14, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no mens' rights and womens' rights, a man wants his equal right to chose an abortion!
Wait, procreational abilities or lack thereof can be the basis for rights?
WTF???

Are you mocking the fundemental ideal of what our country is founded on by advising equal rights is a farce given men cannot have an abortion???

Really????

ROFL!!!!!

You STUPID lost idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seoul's Mayor Apologizes for Nixing Gay Rights ... 7 min Ainu 9
How 2014 Was the Beginning of the End for the G... 9 min WeTheSheeple 5
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 min Reverend Alan 5,235
'Just Let People Have Their Beliefs': Blaze Rea... 13 min Phyllis Schlafly ... 18
Gay Marriage and the Limits of Tradition 20 min Pietro Armando 1,174
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 21 min WeTheSheeple 4,922
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 21 min Cali Girl 2014 26,574
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr NorCal Native 2,781
Trio to fight gay assault case at evidence hearing 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 19