In U.S. fight over gay marriage, both sides gearing up for more battles

Nov 28, 2012 Full story: Reuters 1,145

Scott Everhart and Jason Welker hold each other before exchanging wedding vows at a comic book retail shop in Manhattan, New York June 20, 2012.

Full Story

“Iblis-ak-bar & mo his prophet”

Since: Mar 07

Mt Clemens, MI

#1035 Dec 12, 2012
I thought I made it clear, it is NOT, repeat NOT, a gene!!.. It is an "Epi-Marker" within the gene.. There is no combination of Adenine, Thymine, Cytosine or Guanine that causes anyone to become homosexual.. But the "Epi-Markers" that activate, or hide a portion of a gene is the defect here.. So, knowing that, a diagnostic test will be simplified and marketed.. What people do with that test is up to them..
NorCal Native wrote:
<quoted text>
This is how the article starts out:
A team of international researchers has completed a study that suggests we will probably never find a ‘gay gene.' Sexual orientation is not about genetics, say the researchers, it's about epigenetics. This is the process where DNA expression is influenced by any number of external factors in the environment. And in the case of homosexuality, the researchers argue, the environment is the womb itself.
http://io9.com/5967426/scientists-confirm-tha...
So, not really a gene specifically and there has NEVER been a "GAY" gene.....anymore than there is a "straight" gene!!!
Gays and Lesbians have been around since the beginning of man and I seriously doubt that a test will ever be developed to determine if one will be Gay, Lesbian or straight when a child is born........and don't worry......people like you will continue to be jackazzes and there's not much that can be done about that either!!!

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1036 Dec 12, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll call.
We've got the matter of 2 illegal cans of peanuts to settle you extortionist.
LOL!!!
LOL -- if they were the butter toasted peanuts I'll take them.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#1037 Dec 12, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah you did.
Youy advised "Is that any way to treat a lady?" when I slammed you days ago.
Geeezus...you're such a bullshitter.
And if you're not a woman and going by the name of 'Jane' are you also a cross dresser???
LOL!!!
He/she is the last of the dodo birds. Be kind.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Location hidden

#1038 Dec 12, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING....
Scientist have found the gene defect that causes homosexuality.. "Epi-Marks" on genes that did not erase properly.. So now they devise a test to screen for it.. Then we can abort defective fetuses.. So in the near future this will no longer be an issue..
Can we abort people like you too?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#1040 Dec 12, 2012
Rod Knee King wrote:
<quoted text>
What I've noticed over the years about gays and that is trouble dealing with facts and the truth. They cling onto the APA's dangerous assertion of declaring buggery as not being a defect or disorder.
try this one
We are born with a different brain and spinal cord design
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...
These body parts cannot be transplanted into a straightie because they won't fit

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#1041 Dec 12, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING....
Scientist have found the gene defect that causes homosexuality.. "Epi-Marks" on genes that did not erase properly.. So now they devise a test to screen for it.. Then we can abort defective fetuses.. So in the near future this will no longer be an issue..
Of course there is a great subset of the populous that doesn't believe in abortion... So it appears your theory is up the creek without a paddle before it even really began.

Even if your theory DID pan out, which it would not because it is intensely stupid, it does not change the fact that homosexuals exist in the present, and constitutionally they are entitled to equal protection of the laws. It's not surprising that you missed these simple facts, given your propensity to oversimplify issues.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#1043 Dec 12, 2012
Dirty White Schlepper wrote:
Say Lides? Does your bloodline trace back to Khazaria like so many of your brethren and are there human rights violations being committed against Palestinians? Do the Palestinians have equal protection as well considering the juggernaut they are confronted with? Has it been all worth the while since the Balfour Declaration of 1917? Let alone the 'unconstitutional' federal reserve act of 1913 and those responsible for this epic nightmare.
Oy.
Hey dumbass....hate to deliver the news but we live in America.

What a putz you are. Seriously.

Mt Clemens, MI

#1044 Dec 12, 2012
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there is a great subset of the populous that doesn't believe in abortion... So it appears your theory is up the creek without a paddle before it even really began.
Even if your theory DID pan out, which it would not because it is intensely stupid, it does not change the fact that homosexuals exist in the present, and constitutionally they are entitled to equal protection of the laws. It's not surprising that you missed these simple facts, given your propensity to oversimplify issues.
First the U.S. Constitution is mute on homosexuality.. So under the 9th and 10th Amendments this falls to the Sovereign States & Sovereign Citizens within them.. Now the Supremacy Clause does play a role here.. Any license issued by one State is valid in any other!!.. So a Marriage License issued by the Great Sovereign State of New York is as valid in Michigan as Michigan Concealed Carry License is in New York..

As to the science:

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2012/12/1...

And science is NEVER WRONG.. Just ask people who believe in Global Warming, or the 70's scare of Global Cooling!!..

Mt Clemens, MI

#1046 Dec 12, 2012
Jupiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Can we abort people like you too?
Go for it.. Have intercourse, get pregnant, go to the closest Woman Care Clinic and abort away!!....
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#1047 Dec 12, 2012
The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well if we do indeed live in 'America' maybe we should be able to audit the federal reserve bank don't ya think? I'll bet justice Lides is totally against such a move. In fact, why don't you go to youtube and type in Bernanke says no audit for the fed and listen to his rationale.
We are in deep chit boy and don't you forget it!
You're a moron.

You're in a gay marriage thread bringing up aspects about our nations financial well being of which we're all aware of.

When you go into a fruit stand do you also ask where their finest New York cuts of steak is as well?

You're an IDIOT.

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#1052 Dec 12, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>First the U.S. Constitution is mute on homosexuality..
It's mute on may things. Marriage, heterosexuality, The Air Force, microwave ovens, acrylic nails, etc.
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>So under the 9th and 10th Amendments this falls to the Sovereign States & Sovereign Citizens within them.. Now the Supremacy Clause does play a role here..
If the Supremacy Clause does what you claim there would be no issue about a marriage in one State being valid in another.

Unfortunately the FACTS about marriage laws in this country really screw up most of your hair brained ideas.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#1053 Dec 12, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>First the U.S. Constitution is mute on homosexuality.. So under the 9th and 10th Amendments this falls to the Sovereign States & Sovereign Citizens within them.. Now the Supremacy Clause does play a role here.. Any license issued by one State is valid in any other!!.. So a Marriage License issued by the Great Sovereign State of New York is as valid in Michigan as Michigan Concealed Carry License is in New York..
As to the science:
And science is NEVER WRONG.. Just ask people who believe in Global Warming, or the 70's scare of Global Cooling!!..
Actually, full faith and credit has not applied to marriage ( http://www.law.yale.edu/news/4174.htm ), and whether or not homosexuality is inherent is irrelevant to equal protection.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#1055 Dec 12, 2012
oops
"mute on many things" not "mute on may things"
ontg

Carol Stream, IL

#1059 Dec 12, 2012
Z_SKI_ wrote:
<quoted text>First the U.S. Constitution is mute on homosexuality.. So under the 9th and 10th Amendments this falls to the Sovereign States & Sovereign Citizens within them.. Now the Supremacy Clause does play a role here.. Any license issued by one State is valid in any other!!.. So a Marriage License issued by the Great Sovereign State of New York is as valid in Michigan as Michigan Concealed Carry License is in New York..
As to the science:
The 14th amendment will also come into play and that is where your arguement gets tricky. BTW the supremacy clause says that where the state and federal governements have joint jurisdiction the federal rules apply. The full faith and credit clause would mandate that licenses, court decrees etc. issued in one state are valid in all states.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#1060 Dec 12, 2012
Only satan would point out the petty mistakes of a man and a woman only to relish and revere in the filth to which they engage.
MoooWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Hi Jade
glad to finally know who you really are.

The Rolling Stones - Sympathy For The Devil (Live)- OFFICIAL

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#1061 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
You are a mute.
I think you meant "mutt" since I'm German English Irish Scottish and Welsh.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#1062 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
The unconstitutional federal reserve act is un-American making it's citizen's slaves to fiat currency and an even greater burden to the tax code. Our efforts and excesses have greatly hindered our environment, our physical and spiritual well being, and has displaced and killed millions of Muslims abroad.
We can thank Britain for the Balfour Declaration and the human carpet bombing done back then to the palestinians. Let us not forget how we won the battle against Britain so long ago, so what did they do? They opened 12 private banks on our soil. Isn't history fun? And deadly?
Take it to another thread you stupid fuckup.

As it is many of us are probably more aware and more importantly more active in our nation's financial being that some punk like you who feels it necessary to advertise his limited view on our country's well being in a thread meant for another topic.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

#1064 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
That's interesting because as I recall on a daily basis literally nobody wishes to address such a serious matter. Why just yesterday Mona tried to insult me when I said the fed should be abolished. She replied in a serious way asking me who was gonna take it over. It replies like that that get my head and arms all wobbly and jiggly you retard shit you! I'm certain you have no clue either.
Interesting like going to Baskin Robbins and asking for scrambled eggs?

Hey dumbshit...that's just stupid.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1065 Dec 13, 2012
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting to hear that proposal to govern polygamous relationships. When it's finished, send me a link.
I am too busy thinking about sex change operations and how they MANGLE our marriage laws...
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#1066 Dec 13, 2012
Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>

Youy advised "Is that any way to treat a lady?" when I slammed you days ago.
!
do you understand that the names next to the post indicate they are from different people?

If so, I am going to go ahead and call you a LIAR and challenge you to provide the post I where I even said anything like that...

I never did, and you will never apologize for not realizing that must have been a different poster...

In short. You are a LIAR!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Online sleuths aid police in gay-beating case 10 min Currywurst 12
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 23 min Frankie Rizzo 962
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 34 min Ultraman 200,968
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 36 min Buybull Mullahs 22
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 42 min Buybull Mullahs 434
John Barrowman Proud Of Gay Kiss At Commonwealt... 46 min Buybull Mullahs 25
What counts as a 'real name' on Facebook? 51 min Buybull Mullahs 10
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 54 min WeTheSheeple 793
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 2 hr Howdy 55,925
Ginsburg: Watch 6th Circuit on gay marriage 10 hr Fa-Foxy 64
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••