In U.S. fight over gay marriage, both sides gearing up for more battles

Nov 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Scott Everhart and Jason Welker hold each other before exchanging wedding vows at a comic book retail shop in Manhattan, New York June 20, 2012.

Comments
441 - 460 of 1,145 Comments Last updated Jul 31, 2013
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a WOMAN's right to choose? With equality how can that be?
oh right, rights are a FLUID concept...
are you sure you should be insulting ME?(especially since I didn't hand have not insulted you, isn't the HATE supposed to be on my side?)
Well yeah...it is a woman's right to choose in terms of a marriage.

Wha??? You think it's OK for a woman to be drug to the altar wearing a pretty wedding dress, sparkly nine inch pumps while being hog tied with nylon rope wearing some duct tape for lipstick with the groom saying her "I do's" for her?

ROFL!!!!

I don't 'hate' you goof...I'm just giveng you my opinion on your GOOFED up posts and opinion on this matter so quit bunching up like a toddler being told he won't get a cherry sucker as he's eyeballing it in the checkout line at the local supermarket.

LOL!!!

Good gaaaawd.....
Moan a Lott

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. And why should we deny a license towards a personal institution which directs itself to an American citizen pursuing a basic freedom?
Name another right that is also a state issued LICENSE?

maybe you should think on that instead of typing out "@sshat" for the tenth time?

you are way too angry to be straight...
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are going to have to try this one again...it is intelligible...
it would be nice if you could make your point without childish insults, its also very telling if you cannot...
Nah...you just can't comprehend well thought out verse and words containing more than one syllable.

Talk to your sainted momma....it's probably her faulty your IQ falls lower than a beaver thinking his role in life is to find a local road and perform as a speedbump.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I will just let you post just stand on its own...thanks for it Dan!
No problem.

Just knock or post something else stupid if you want more.

LOL!!!
Moan a Lott

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I never claimed our side didn't employ outside resources.
your words:
"Vermont asked national groups to stay home and let the state sort out civil unions itself, which is what happened."

I'll leave it at that.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dan, you are jumping into the conversation at the long pathetic end....why would you be so presumptuous as to think you knew what we were talking about?
Err.....

...would the topic not be gay marriage?

As in the title; "In U.S. fight over gay marriage, both sides gearing up for more battles"????

You're an IDIOT.
Moan a Lott

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't 'hate' you goof...
whats with the insults then, do you normally insult your friends?
Moan a Lott

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah...you just can't comprehend well thought out verse and words containing more than one syllable.
Talk to your sainted momma....it's probably her faulty your IQ falls lower than a beaver thinking his role in life is to find a local road and perform as a speedbump.
wow another clown that needs to get his angst out sending silly insults at me and thinking they are "Arguments"..

you grow on trees!
Moan a Lott

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem.
Just knock or post something else stupid if you want more.
LOL!!!
Why would I want more asinine rambles and silly insults?
With lides, Mona and Lacez, such things are abundant here...
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should think on that instead of typing out "@sshat" for the tenth time?
Yeah...angry. I'm just vfuming right now....it shows clearly as a laugh my ass off.

LOL!!!!

State issued license? Well....a license to drive dumbass would be yet another example.

What? You think there's a connection between a driving license and a marriage license.

Maybe in your mind they give out tests like they do driving licenses to those who want to marry. Have thedm take a written examination....watch them have sex behind two way mirrors to make sure they're doing it 'right'.....

ROFL!!!!!

Listen moron....marriage licenses are for 2 purposes...to make sure the couple is not closely related and to provide a legal format for the union.

Get a grip.
Moan a Lott

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>
Err.....
...would the topic not be gay marriage?
As in the title; "In U.S. fight over gay marriage, both sides gearing up for more battles"????
You're an IDIOT.
yawn.(stretches)

I attract the nuttiest people here!
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
whats with the insults then, do you normally insult your friends?
You're not my friend.

Kleenex....on sale now at Target....2 for 1. Stock up.

LOL!!!

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
your words:
"Vermont asked national groups to stay home and let the state sort out civil unions itself, which is what happened."
I'll leave it at that.
Yes, my statement was unclear. I specifically meant to refer to the battle that ensued after the Vermont legislature took up the issue of marriage or civil unions.

As I have pointed out, however, the six individuals who brought the Baker suit were Vermonters. And their winning lawyer now sits on the Vermont Supreme Court. Council was shared with GLAD, which is a New England based GLBT legal advocacy organization.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
wow another clown that needs to get his angst out sending silly insults at me and thinking they are "Arguments"..
you grow on trees!
Actually I was born.

And angst? Angst over what goof?? I'm not gay, I'm not a homosexual trying to get married, my bother and sisters are not gay and as to date I've never seen my dog try and mount another male so no...no angst.

Your reasoning against gay marriage is more flawed than thinking you can take a 10 speed Scwinn bicycle and compete in a NASCAR race moron. I'm just giving you my thoughts in response to seeing your ignorance.
Dan C

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
yawn.(stretches)
I attract the nuttiest people here!
I doubt if you were a peanut covered side of beef hanging in the forests of Yosemite National Park you cold attract so much as a visiting fly let alone a hungry grizzly bear you're so sad so I'd give that thought a rest.

LOL!!!

You're just another putz who thinks by skewing fact you in turn made a point when in fact all you did was to display your ignorance.

There's no harm associated witgh gays marrying fool....let 'em marry and work on yourself because you need it.

“Forever Is Promised To No One”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Not weak, normal ...just calling a spade a spade.
I said nothing about Obama.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen Dan in other posts long before you jumped in and believe me, he's straight.

“Alley Cat Blues”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Judged:

Moan a Lott wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I want more asinine rambles and silly insults?
With lides, Mona and Lacez, such things are abundant here...
You seem to love it.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, my statement was unclear. I specifically meant to refer to the battle that ensued after the Vermont legislature took up the issue of marriage or civil unions.
Jeff...JEFF! The national organizations orchestrated it from square one, no amount of dancing around it is going to change that fact.

Nor that you specifically stated in error that this was not the case.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Dan C wrote:
<quoted text>

Listen moron....marriage licenses are for 2 purposes...to make sure the couple is not closely related and to provide a legal format for the union.
classic Dan.
"make sure the couple is not closely related".

Say Dan, why do we do that?

Procreation concerns?
at the time of MARRIAGE?
But they are not related at all, right?

Should we do so for gays?

WHY???

Thanks for pointing out a rational difference....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••