In U.S. fight over gay marriage, both sides gearing up for more battles

Nov 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reuters

Scott Everhart and Jason Welker hold each other before exchanging wedding vows at a comic book retail shop in Manhattan, New York June 20, 2012.

Comments
281 - 300 of 1,145 Comments Last updated Jul 31, 2013
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that's most likely the logic the SCOTUS would use IF they want to uphold DOMA using a rational basis test.
IF that's what they want to do......
Or they could just as easily use the arguments from the 1st circuit or the 2nd circuit opinions IF that's what they want to do.
IF that's what they want to do.......
Gays actually are only obsessed with sex, that is all they want.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume that I have made a choice to be gay, which is THE fallacy in all of this. My 20yr marriage IS just as valuable and the same, just not to you. Just because you 'may' have the ability to bear children and religious recognition, which I am NOT seeking, does not make mine any less than yours. AND NO I do NOT have the freedom to live and love whom I want, because of persecution, bigotry and homophobia. I have the right to pursue my happiness under the constitution, just as you do. You or others do NOT have the right to chose the sex of my partner nor dictate what my 'happiness' is.
You are lying, everybody is born with the desire to have children, you idiot!

Uve

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a pretty ignorant statement. I guess that's why we flock to the prostitutes in Amsterdam and go to Hooters here in the USA...Moron
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's a pretty ignorant statement. I guess that's why we flock to the prostitutes in Amsterdam and go to Hooters here in the USA...Moron
Not all heterosexauls are like that, although I'm sure all homosexuals are prostitutes, and stupid little hippy punks.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
Amsterdam is the town of homosexuals, you idiot.

Uve

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all heterosexauls are like that, although I'm sure all homosexuals are prostitutes, and stupid little hippy punks.
I guess not all Bigots can spell either..POS

Uve

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Amsterdam is the town of homosexuals, you idiot.
No it's not moron, it's known for it's legal female prostitutes and I've seen first hand how the repressed drunken English flock to them.
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess not all Bigots can spell either..POS
Can't take your beating like a man?
Orangelion

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Uve wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not moron, it's known for it's legal female prostitutes and I've seen first hand how the repressed drunken English flock to them.
Really? Not as I know it. All gays are prostitutes really though. Especially the way you flick shit around each others butt. Doing up your butt is sadomachistic, which in my opinion is a way of diviting your abuse you felt and received in the past onto love and affection LOL.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
If all we wanted was sex, then marriage would be the last thing on our minds......

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
you guys can tell me all you want what the political landscape is like here, but you know you have no basis to do that...
It is pretty well accepted here that the entire issue was a flatlander driven and out of state money funded deal.
People here still want a vote....
If that were the case then you'd have elected legislators by now who would have either overturned the current legislation or changed the constitution to allow a vote or whatever.

Obviously the majority in Vermont DON'T want a vote on it, or it would have happened.

Uve

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Orangelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Not as I know it. All gays are prostitutes really though. Especially the way you flick shit around each others butt. Doing up your butt is sadomachistic, which in my opinion is a way of diviting your abuse you felt and received in the past onto love and affection LOL.
Wishful thinking? Yea, I guess you would have to pay for it..Obviously your just another Skat queen looking for a trick.
SLIF

Scarborough, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

It's easier up here in Canada.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Ninthman wrote:
Nobody cares what the gays do. This whole battle is a trumped up attempt to demonize republicans. Republicans couldn't care less who you want to marry. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Democrats have convinced gays that they have an enemy. Gays are gullible assholes for buying it. It's ridiculous, petty and stupid..
Not at all. I used to be a Barry Goldwater Republican.

I left when they nominated Nixon.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Judged:

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
so do single parents and they aren't married...
Your limited and lackluster studies are not enough to dissuade people from what they know to be true...
every kid should have a mom...
Shoulda coulda woulda.....

Banning same-sex couples from marrying does NOTHING to ensure every kid has a mom. When you figure out how to force that on society, let us know.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
rational basis requires that one only have a rationalization, that you refuse to understand, I think, just so you can continue pete and repeat unabashed...
You get a d in the middle of your lies.
If there is any conceivable basis for justifying the law, it is rational.
You're a trip.
Then how come we have levels of scrutiny in these cases?

Why distinguish one type of case and say it requires strict scrutiny and assign less level to others?
(See I do pay attention to what you try to teach me)

hee hee hee

D'oh?

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
Your limited and lackluster studies are not enough to dissuade people from what they know to be true...
I've never seen a bay goat that didn't have a mom except that clone.

Human children all have a mother and father.

It's biology.

Take one away and it's impossible for the child to have been born!

So stop using such a stupid claim like "it denies the child a mother or father" about gays and lesbians and single parents.

Heck even if you were hatched you'd still have to have a Mom and Dad.

DNF

“Liberty AND Justice”

Born in Newark, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
Every human child has a Mom.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2012

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your belief, not a reflection of real life.

It doesn't change the fact some kids don't have a mom.

Some don't have a dad.

Two moms, or two dads, are better than none, and frequently, just as good as if not better than one of each.

Again, many unwanted children of straight parents are beaten, abused, and eventually discarded by their straight parents, while children of same sex couples are always wanted. Your imagined ideal family neglects the reality of life. Your prejudice does not provide a legitimate excuse for harming real families because they don't live up to what you think is best. Denial of equal rights does not alter the realities of life, it only makes it harder for those who don't live up to your expectations.
AzAdam

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2012

Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did they do that?
was it the interrelation between E.P. and FEDERALISM?
Yup, 9 folks that can do ANYTHING including send you guys packing in the prop 8 case with a bare citation to baker, you agree right?
its within their discretion and as you say anything can happen right?
Send us packing? Until 2016? You have to know that California will legalize gay marriage in 2016 if the SCOTUS doesn't do it in 2013. Why fight it so hard? You literally have nothing to gain.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••