Remembering Exodus International & Lo...

Remembering Exodus International & Looking to the Future

There are 12 comments on the EDGE story from Aug 23, 2013, titled Remembering Exodus International & Looking to the Future. In it, EDGE reports that:

It has been a summer of monumental gains and crippling setbacks for the global LGBT rights movement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Aug 24, 2013
From the article:

'... "None of the Exodus Member Ministries are shutting down and they will probably find another grouping to become associated with," he said. "Those trumpeting this move as a powerful moment are rather missing the point that most of the ex-gay, post-gay and whatever-gay ministries will continue just as before. And some of those ministries, like the newly organized Restored Hope Network, will continue explicitly to promote certain modified versions of reparative therapy." ...'
Rainbow to the Angels

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Aug 24, 2013
The only people who can respond positively to religious sex brainwashing ('ex-gay' therapy) are bisexual people who are naturally attracted to both sexes to begin with
Monosexual people are not affected by religious sex brainwashing:(monosexuals are people who are 100% hetero OR 100% homo by birthright) These are the people who suffer the damage from religious sex brainwashing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monosexual
Here is a picture showing the spectrum; starting with monosexual on the left; bisexual on the sliding scale through the middle; and monosexual again on the right:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...
Bisexuals at #2 on the scale have the highest propensity for homophobia. Bisexuals at the center of the scale have the highest positive response rate to intimidation from religious sex brainwashing
If the 'ex-gay' industry was honest; they would relabel their ministries 'ex-bisexual' or 'ex-homophobe'; and that would be simply fabulous because it would put their big lie into the right perspective

Location hidden

#3 Aug 24, 2013
Excellent.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Aug 24, 2013
Rainbow to the Angels wrote:
The only people who can respond positively to religious sex brainwashing ('ex-gay' therapy) are bisexual people who are naturally attracted to both sexes to begin with
Monosexual people are not affected by religious sex brainwashing:(monosexuals are people who are 100% hetero OR 100% homo by birthright) These are the people who suffer the damage from religious sex brainwashing
Here is a picture showing the spectrum; starting with monosexual on the left; bisexual on the sliding scale through the middle; and monosexual again on the right:
Bisexuals at #2 on the scale have the highest propensity for homophobia. Bisexuals at the center of the scale have the highest positive response rate to intimidation from religious sex brainwashing
If the 'ex-gay' industry was honest; they would relabel their ministries 'ex-bisexual' or 'ex-homophobe'; and that would be simply fabulous because it would put their big lie into the right perspective
Many are not really bi-sexual. They are in denial.

Location hidden

#5 Aug 24, 2013
Remembering? I'd rather just forget about it.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#6 Aug 25, 2013
snyper wrote:
From the article:
'... "None of the Exodus Member Ministries are shutting down and they will probably find another grouping to become associated with," he said. "Those trumpeting this move as a powerful moment are rather missing the point that most of the ex-gay, post-gay and whatever-gay ministries will continue just as before. And some of those ministries, like the newly organized Restored Hope Network, will continue explicitly to promote certain modified versions of reparative therapy." ...'
FTA:
More significantly, in an interview from earlier this month, Chambers explained to the Huffington Post that despite a 16-year marriage to a woman, he still has an attraction to men. He also he stood by the acknowledgement that reparative therapy is inherently destructive. But despite these weighty admissions, Chambers refused to identify as gay or bisexual and instead elucidated how he tries to eschew such labels.

"I am happily married. There’s not been one day in the course of our nearly 16 years of being married that I’ve been tempted to be unfaithful to my wife," he said. "I would say I have an orientation toward her. I do have same-sex attractions."

"Am I a gay man?" he asked "Some people would say you’re gay simply because you have these attractions. Some people would say you’re straight because I’m married. Some people say I’m ex-gay because I’m not leading a gay life."

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#7 Aug 25, 2013
WasteWater wrote:
Remembering? I'd rather just forget about it.
But those who forget their history are doomed to repeat it.

This while article shows that the 'apologies' were hollow and were only for the purpose of sounding nice while still pursuing the same hate filled theology.

Follow the money.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#8 Aug 25, 2013
I loved watching the "thousands of ex gays" Linda Harvey speaks of, marching in Washington!

They still lie about that boondoggle too! They claim all these people who got cured by finding their faith don't seem to have enough faith that God will protect them if they come out in public!

Some faith!

Location hidden

#9 Aug 25, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>FTA:
More significantly, in an interview from earlier this month, Chambers explained to the Huffington Post that despite a 16-year marriage to a woman, he still has an attraction to men. He also he stood by the acknowledgement that reparative therapy is inherently destructive. But despite these weighty admissions, Chambers refused to identify as gay or bisexual and instead elucidated how he tries to eschew such labels.
"I am happily married. There’s not been one day in the course of our nearly 16 years of being married that I’ve been tempted to be unfaithful to my wife," he said. "I would say I have an orientation toward her. I do have same-sex attractions."
"Am I a gay man?" he asked "Some people would say you’re gay simply because you have these attractions. Some people would say you’re straight because I’m married. Some people say I’m ex-gay because I’m not leading a gay life."
Sounds like bi to me, but that isn't the issue.

Exodus has lost it's head, but seven more sprout in it's place.

Such a thing is like a hydra.

Location hidden

#10 Aug 27, 2013
Exodus International?

Nope. Not memorable.

Good riddance.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#11 Aug 27, 2013
The only people who can respond positively to religious sex brainwashing
"Sex brainwashing" is giving a public school 3rd grader a book like "Daddy's Roommate" or "And Tango Makes Three."

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#12 Aug 27, 2013
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
"Sex brainwashing" is giving a public school 3rd grader a book like "Daddy's Roommate" or "And Tango Makes Three."
I knew I was gay way before all the "propaganda" began. So to claim that "propaganda" turns people gay ignors the heterosexualk propaganda we are faced with every day since the dawn of time.

Shouldn't you be trying to ban "Tom Sawyer" or "The Adventures Of Huck Finn" again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay couple grilled by judge about their sex liv... 8 min Darby 105
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 36 min Tre H 6,955
News It's official: Allentown bans gay and trans con... 43 min weaponX 12
News Tennessee judge rules gay couples have equal pa... 53 min Darby 16
News Gay bar opens near Macon Road, drawing visitors... 1 hr Tre H 487
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Respect71 52,173
News This Gay Man Wants to End Texas' War Against LG... 1 hr Tre H 22
Monday J A D E Archive 1 hr Duncan 2
News Catholic church in Cambuslang praised for issui... 2 hr Just Think 2
News Gay Teen Vogue editor defends mag's anal sex guide 3 hr Samantha 134
More from around the web