'I Have the Right to Refuse Service':...

'I Have the Right to Refuse Service': Restaurant Turns Away Group After He Learns What They Advocate

There are 61 comments on the www.theblaze.com story from Feb 13, 2013, titled 'I Have the Right to Refuse Service': Restaurant Turns Away Group After He Learns What They Advocate. In it, www.theblaze.com reports that:

An Arkansas-based gay right's organization is claiming discrimination after the owner of a restaurant cancelled the group's reservations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.theblaze.com.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#41 Feb 14, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>OOps. I just saw I need to clarify something. I agree with your idea of promoting a business that doesn't behave this way.
But to advise people to just sit back and take this and instead create a different venue doesn't really do much to keep this problem in the public's mind. Your solution also ignores promoting those local businesses that don't discriminate.
Like I tried to say earlier, I WANT court cases like this because I believe SCOTUS needs to eventually rule on this type of thing (using religion as a shield to promote religious discrimination by public accommodation businesses.
In Arkansas, things don't work like in the real world. Think "tent-meeting land".

“Common courtesy, isn't”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#42 Feb 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
In Arkansas, things don't work like in the real world. Think "tent-meeting land".
That's a bit of a mis-characterization. I don't live in Arkansas, but I travel there at least twice a week. You'd be surprised at what lies beneath the stereotypes.

For instance, the market on the square in Fayetteville is a wonderful place to buy fresh produce and natural goods that are raised and made by the many gay and lesbian farmers, craftspeople and artists that make their home in the northwest corner of the state.

Similarly, Eureka Springs is considered a sort of Gay Mecca of the Midwest; it's estimated that as much as 60% of the population there is GLBTQ, and no one would ever dream of opening an unfriendly business in that town.

In general, I think the attitude in this part of the country is more "Live and Let Live" and "Mind Your Own Business" than anything else. Sure, there are pockets of haters (it is the Bible Belt, after all), but you find those everywhere, unfortunately.
Drumsticks

Amherst, MA

#43 Feb 14, 2013
Lililth_Satans_Bore wrote:
christains are revolting discusting creatures
This coming from one that may have been 'stuffed' by more men then all the Thanksgiving Gobblers.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#44 Feb 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
You forget I was born in a rural Ohio area. Newark was a small city then and we spent a lot of time traveling to even smaller towns for the annual festivals for corn, pumpkins etc. So I'm very familiar with the tent meeting folks.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#45 Feb 14, 2013
Drumsticks wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from one that may have been 'stuffed' by more men then all the Thanksgiving Gobblers.
Jealousy is a bad color for you.
Tree Choker

Amherst, MA

#46 Feb 14, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Jealousy is a bad color for you.
Brown is definately you.
JrEsq

United States

#48 Feb 14, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
How would a homosexual know what "real world" is?

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#49 Feb 14, 2013
Drumsticks wrote:
<quoted text>
ya and virtually all of those men were married christains

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#50 Feb 14, 2013
Tree Choker wrote:
<quoted text>
Brown is definately you.
Certain shades do flatter me especially when paired with something that accents my hazel eyes, so I salute you're saying what many others have said. And yes I know you were trying for nasty. I simply ignored that from you for now.

If you were referring to the hanky code you're way off. Hunter Green, navy, robins egg blue, white and grey checks and grey as well.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#52 Feb 14, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
How would a homosexual know what "real world" is?
How would you know anything about what being a gay man is like?

Your torpedoes are as effective as World's Biggest Lie's are.

Would you ask a black Hispanic man the same question to their face without your homies standing by to save yer ass?? I doubt it?

“ reality, what a concept”

this one

#53 Feb 14, 2013
DNF wrote:
Geez DownLoNoIQ, for someone who insists they don't care you sure hang around the gay websites a lot.
If you want to talk at it, go right ahead, but if you quote its troll sh*t posts, it only results in both your posts being deleted.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#54 Feb 14, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to talk at it, go right ahead, but if you quote its troll sh*t posts, it only results in both your posts being deleted.
good point. My thanks.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#55 Feb 14, 2013
Dang... need to check my spelling and sentence errors better.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#56 Feb 15, 2013
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>You forget I was born in a rural Ohio area. Newark was a small city then and we spent a lot of time traveling to even smaller towns for the annual festivals for corn, pumpkins etc. So I'm very familiar with the tent meeting folks.
Ohio fought with the North. Makes a difference.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#58 Feb 15, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you [email protected] Ricky, you piece of SHlT. Hope the next time you su:ck a DlCK, you choke on it.
LMFAO
If he DOES, he is not doing it correctly. Any fine art takes years of DILIGENT practice.

“ reality, what a concept”

this one

#59 Feb 15, 2013
Curteese wrote:
If he DOES, he is not doing it correctly. Any fine art takes years of DILIGENT practice.
If you want to talk to it, fine. But if you quote its troll sh*t it will only result in your post being deleted too.

Palm Springs, California

#63 Feb 15, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>If you want to talk to it, fine. But if you quote its troll sh*t it will only result in your post being deleted too.
Yes, SIR!

Palm Springs, California

#64 Feb 15, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>

too boring.
Now you're just getting repetitious.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#65 Feb 15, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. Never really thought about it. I don't know which side Indiana was on but I do know at one point that State had the largest number of KKK members in the nation. Ohio has some pockets of people you'd swear are still fighting the Civil War and hoping the South will win! I think most states have them.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#66 Feb 15, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sort of surprised you'd bring that up as a factor. The ideas and customs of the Bible Belt tent revivalists aren't contained in just the Bible belt. And Ohio is home for many of the more conservative and traditional sects of Christianity, such as Mennonites, Quakers, Shakers etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 2 hr Ismail 955
At what age were you born queer? 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 9
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,801
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 4 hr guest 157
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 4 hr who cares 13,169
News The anti-Nadler landslide 5 hr Fundies R Mentall... 4
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr GayleWood 37,409
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 10 hr WasteWater 991
More from around the web