Panetta To Move On LGB Soldier’s Rights Before Leaving Office

Feb 5, 2013 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

Outgoing Defense Secretary Leon Panetta will announce this week that a long-delayed extension of support and benefits for lesbian and gay military families. Reports coming to OutServe-SLDN indicate that Panetta will take advantage of this opportunity to act before he has to leave office.
Comments
1 - 20 of 32 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Feb 5, 2013
It's "LGBT" ! What happened to the "T" ?!

Since: Jul 11

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Feb 5, 2013
Don't Ask, Don't Tell's repeal did not remove the stigma associated with the Transgendered communiy in the miltary. At this time, it's still a "mental illness" in the military to come out as transgendered, and, therefore, subject to dismissal. Progress has been made, but still more to do.

Coolidge, AZ

#3 Feb 5, 2013
IrishmanLA wrote:
Don't Ask, Don't Tell's repeal did not remove the stigma associated with the Transgendered communiy in the miltary. At this time, it's still a "mental illness" in the military to come out as transgendered, and, therefore, subject to dismissal. Progress has been made, but still more to do.
That's DISCRIMINATION ! TYPICAL OBAMANIAC LIES ! IMPEACH THIS BUM ! NEXT !!!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#4 Feb 5, 2013
There aren't any significant benefits which can be given due to DOMA.

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Feb 5, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's DISCRIMINATION ! TYPICAL OBAMANIAC LIES ! IMPEACH THIS BUM ! NEXT !!!
Don't Ask, Don't Tell never addressed Transgendered people in its exclusions. It only stated that if you are gay or bisexual that you could serve as long as you don't mention it. The military has long has issues with Gender Dysphoria because it is a psychological condition that can only be correctly addressed through surgery, and is not something that can be "easily treated" on a military base or in a field of operation.

That does not mean that it can't and shouldn't, but it is up to the Congress to bring this issue up to where it can be addressed. Currently, it is a legal cause of discharge from the military. Yes, it's discrimination, but that's more from a lack of understanding, combined with a lack of compassion, from Congress. If you want to see this change, contact your representatives in the House and the Senate and get the ball rolling.

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Feb 5, 2013
IrishmanLA wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't Ask, Don't Tell never addressed Transgendered people in its exclusions. It only stated that if you are gay or bisexual that you could serve as long as you don't mention it. The military has long has issues with Gender Dysphoria because it is a psychological condition that can only be correctly addressed through surgery, and is not something that can be "easily treated" on a military base or in a field of operation.
That does not mean that it can't and shouldn't, but it is up to the Congress to bring this issue up to where it can be addressed. Currently, it is a legal cause of discharge from the military. Yes, it's discrimination, but that's more from a lack of understanding, combined with a lack of compassion, from Congress. If you want to see this change, contact your representatives in the House and the Senate and get the ball rolling.
I've contacted them several times over the past 4 years 2 weeks, and one day about impeaching The Obamaniac.

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Feb 6, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
I've contacted them several times over the past 4 years 2 weeks, and one day about impeaching The Obamaniac.
That's because you're an idiot.

President Obama and the Dems have done more for equal rights for gays & lesbians than any administration in history.

Tawas City, Michigan

#9 Feb 6, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
For that alone, he ought to be impeached.
Feel free to try......

Maybe that will give you something to do instead of trolling for sex on the gay chat sites all day.

Tawas City, Michigan

#11 Feb 6, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than trolling for little boys like you do, Pervert.
I'm married so I don't troll for anyone, but at least you admit you're trolling for man sex.

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Feb 6, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
What laws has President Obama broken that requires his impeachment on this particular issue, or any other? I'm not clear on the current call to impeach, as this is done on almost every president at some point or another by people who just don't like the current president and/or his policies. I'm not aware of any laws he has broken in carrying out his job.

Please elaborate specifically which law(s) he has broken, or own up to it being that you don't like him. If you can't do the first of those two things, then stop calling for his impeachment. If you can't do the second, then maybe you should examine what you're really feeling.

In less than 4 years, we will have a new president, so if you just don't like him, do what Bush's detractors had to do and wait to see if the people will elect someone you like.

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Feb 6, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing to admit, you know I'm not a FAGG@T. It's just the ultimate insult to try and make me mad. If don't work.
We don't care if you're a "faggot" or not. You don't seem to accept that we all inhabit this planet together, and we all have a stake in making sure we survive. Gay people have existed for the entire duration of the human race, and as long as straight people keep making gay babies, gay people will continue to exist, whether you like it or not.

Hating someone because of how they were born is just plain stupid. Giving in to MIS-INFORMED stereotypes that blatantly ignore scientific facts just makes you look foolish and gullible.

Instead of talking out of your ass, try actually LEARNING about the topics you wish to speak on, and MAYBE people will actually RESPECT what you have to say. As long as you choose to regurgitate the tripe about 'pedophiles' when talking about gays, you prove your ignorance on numerous topics.

As long as you choose to hate people you DO NOT KNOW and spout information you DO NOT UNDERSTAND, you're just going to be on the defensive (or, at best, be the subject of ridicule by people who actually know what they're talking about on the subject).

Use the brain you were born with - it's a very powerful tool that, in your case, is probably very rusty and in need of some repair. It's never too late to decide to learn new things and be intelligent.

Coolidge, AZ

#15 Feb 6, 2013
IrishmanLA wrote:
<quoted text>
What laws has President Obama broken that requires his impeachment on this particular issue, or any other? I'm not clear on the current call to impeach, as this is done on almost every president at some point or another by people who just don't like the current president and/or his policies. I'm not aware of any laws he has broken in carrying out his job.
Please elaborate specifically which law(s) he has broken, or own up to it being that you don't like him. If you can't do the first of those two things, then stop calling for his impeachment. If you can't do the second, then maybe you should examine what you're really feeling.
In less than 4 years, we will have a new president, so if you just don't like him, do what Bush's detractors had to do and wait to see if the people will elect someone you like.
Well, he's murdering Americans by so-called "drone-strike". Please point out where in the U.S. Constitution, or federal law, The Obamaniac has the power to do that.

In fact, because of the Watergate scandal, and related scandals in the mid-70's, the DEMOCRATIC Congress SPECIFICALLY WROTE INTO FEDERAL LAW, that a President CANNOT assassinate people. Why is The Obamaniac above the law and the U.S. Constitution ?

And why have the Democrats, who screamed and yelled and protested so loudly about so-called evil "water-boarding", remained silent when The Obamaniac murders Americans without indictment, trial, nor conviction ? Aren't the Democrats supposed to be the champions of civil liberties and the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" ?

Could the Democrats be HYPOCRITES ???

Tawas City, Michigan

#16 Feb 6, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
There's nothing to admit, you know I'm not a FAGG@T. It's just the ultimate insult to try and make me mad. If don't work.
I know nothing of the sort. Every post you make demostrates just how gay you are, because there is absolutely no other reason for you to continue making the posts you do unless you're gay. The fact that you see that as an insult is just more proof that you hate yourself for being so gay.

The ONLY way you can prove you're not gay is to stop posting on all the gay topics. It's up to you now.

Tawas City, Michigan

#18 Feb 6, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll say one thing for ya, you have some power with the Topix Queers that monitor these threads. You were allowed to type out FAGG@T without cheating. If I did that, it would have been blocked and never show up on the thread. You raise some good points and some not so good points. As for straight people making gay babies,since they're a product of a birth defect, epi-marks, hopefully someday we will be able to detect whether or not a child will be born a Queer. Thus raises a very good point for abortion. Not all Queers molest little boys, but to hear them talk, it never happens. They never take responsibility for what their group ever does. I'm not talking out my A$$, I know exactly what I'm saying and I understand what's going on. I don't hate most gays, I hate their lifestyle. And that, my not so friendly FAGG@T, is the way it is.
There is no reason for you to "hate their lifestyle", unless it's something you are drawn to and hate yourself for feeling that.

I don't believe in any god-creature, I think most religious people are nutjobs, and I think religion causes more harm than it does good, but I certainly don't "hate their lifestyle".

What you truly hate is that you can never accept yourself as we have accepted ourselves. Nothing brings out the hatred in a closet case like a well adjusted happy homosexual.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#19 Feb 6, 2013
Cal In AZ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he's murdering Americans by so-called "drone-strike". Please point out where in the U.S. Constitution, or federal law, The Obamaniac has the power to do that.
In fact, because of the Watergate scandal, and related scandals in the mid-70's, the DEMOCRATIC Congress SPECIFICALLY WROTE INTO FEDERAL LAW, that a President CANNOT assassinate people. Why is The Obamaniac above the law and the U.S. Constitution ?
And why have the Democrats, who screamed and yelled and protested so loudly about so-called evil "water-boarding", remained silent when The Obamaniac murders Americans without indictment, trial, nor conviction ? Aren't the Democrats supposed to be the champions of civil liberties and the concept of "innocent until proven guilty" ?
Could the Democrats be HYPOCRITES ???
Bush drones BAD!!!

Obama drones GOOD!!!

Bush waterboard BAD!!!

Obama assasinations GOOD!!!

See? Easy!

P.S. Obama has used drone attacks 6 times more than Bush ever did. Where is the outrage from the left now?

Tawas City, Michigan

#21 Feb 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush drones BAD!!!
Obama drones GOOD!!!
Bush waterboard BAD!!!
Obama assasinations GOOD!!!
See? Easy!
P.S. Obama has used drone attacks 6 times more than Bush ever did. Where is the outrage from the left now?
Because unlike Bush, President Obama is killing people who are actually terrorists.

Tawas City, Michigan

#23 Feb 6, 2013
NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
The only way for you to prove you're not a Queet Pedophile, is to stop posting on these gay threads. It's up to you. Somehow I don't think you will quit.
Why would I stop posting about gay military issues when I'm gay veteran myself? I

Have you asked all your "straight" friends how much time they spend posting on gay topics?

Why are you here again??
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#24 Feb 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Because unlike Bush, President Obama is killing people who are actually terrorists.
Bush only kills innocent people!!!

Obama only kills terrorists!!!

Bush uses drones to kill enemy combatants BAD!!

Obama to use drones to kill Americans GOOD!!!

Bush Killing 1/6 as many people with drones as Obama BAD!!

Obama killing 6 times as many people with drones GOOD!!!

Like that?

Tawas City, Michigan

#25 Feb 6, 2013
Frankie Rizzo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush only kills innocent people!!!
Obama only kills terrorists!!!
Bush uses drones to kill enemy combatants BAD!!
Obama to use drones to kill Americans GOOD!!!
Bush Killing 1/6 as many people with drones as Obama BAD!!
Obama killing 6 times as many people with drones GOOD!!!
Like that?
Whatever works for you babycakes!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

#31 Feb 6, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever works for you babycakes!
Glad we settled that.

So always remember, Obama bad too!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Supreme Court: Was gay marriage settled in 1972... 3 min Frankie Rizzo 537
Biggest Gay Lies 10 min NE Jade 1,664
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 18 min KiMare 24,881
Gay taunts 'a little bit like racism' 18 min NE Jade 9
California Takes a Stand Against Gay and Trans ... 21 min WeTheSheeple 36
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 50 min RiccardoFire 200,586
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 51 min Terra Firma 3,009
Gay Marriage Vs. the First Amendment 51 min dduttonnc 398
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 1 hr Pietro Armando 54,859
Legislature Says No to "Gay Panic" Defense 2 hr Wondering 96
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••