Clinton defends change in same-sex ma...

Clinton defends change in same-sex marriage position

There are 29 comments on the KMIZ story from Jun 12, 2014, titled Clinton defends change in same-sex marriage position. In it, KMIZ reports that:

During a testy interview with NPR on Thursday, Hillary Clinton stood behind her role as secretary of state and her upbringing as a way to defend the fact that she was not publicly supportive of same-sex marriage until 2013.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMIZ.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Jun 12, 2014
Hey Hillary, Why not tell the truth, the whole truth, and noting but the truth about Benghazi where a gay American was murdered on your watch ? Why won't you do that, Hillary ?
The Dog With No Buns

Hinsdale, MA

#2 Jun 12, 2014
I'm sure Bill had a change of heart thinking about Jeffrey Epstrein on his private island.
Belle Sexton

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 Jun 12, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Hey Hillary, Why not tell the truth, the whole truth, and noting but the truth about Benghazi where a gay American was murdered on your watch ? Why won't you do that, Hillary ?
How many personnel work for the Department of State?
Peace through Genocide

Hinsdale, MA

#4 Jun 12, 2014
Hillary couldn't even answer for her accomplishments as Secretary of the State which is about as honest as she has been in her whole career.
Peace through Genocide

Hinsdale, MA

#5 Jun 12, 2014
The green suit nearly killed me.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#6 Jun 12, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Hey Hillary, Why not tell the truth, the whole truth, and noting but the truth about Benghazi where a gay American was murdered on your watch ? Why won't you do that, Hillary ?
why won't you stay on topic? You're behaving like Kimare. You're better than that.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#7 Jun 12, 2014
Considering that many Americans have changed their views about gays and lesbians and SSM, it's pretty silly to jump on anyone for deciding that gays and lesbians deserve equal protection under the law.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Jun 12, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>why won't you stay on topic? You're behaving like Kimare. You're better than that.
I am on topic. The topic is Hillary. She wants to run for POTUS, so her sorry history is open to questioning.

Why won't she just tell the TRUTH ? What is she hiding ?
Peace through Genocide

Hinsdale, MA

#9 Jun 12, 2014
DNF wrote:
Considering that many Americans have changed their views about gays and lesbians and SSM, it's pretty silly to jump on anyone for deciding that gays and lesbians deserve equal protection under the law.
Is that why the parades are so large.[sic]

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#10 Jun 12, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am on topic. The topic is Hillary. She wants to run for POTUS, so her sorry history is open to questioning.
Why won't she just tell the TRUTH ? What is she hiding ?
How do you know she wants to run?

And why are you holding her to a higher standard than you do with others? I don't see you complaining about the people who have changed their views and voted to give us the rights we deserve.

The people of MD and ME?

And since you CLAIM to be libertarian why are you opposed to others changing their mind about a political question?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#11 Jun 12, 2014
Peace through Genocide wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why the parades are so large.[sic]
The Latin adverb sic ("thus"; in full: sic erat scriptum, "thus was it written")[1] added immediately after a quoted word or phrase (or a longer piece of text), indicates that the quotation has been transcribed exactly as found in the original source, complete with any erroneous or archaic spelling or other nonstandard presentation.

Thanks for exposing your ignorance. That is very brave of you.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#12 Jun 12, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am on topic. The topic is Hillary. She wants to run for POTUS, so her sorry history is open to questioning.
Why won't she just tell the TRUTH ? What is she hiding ?
if you don't know the truth about Benghazi by now you aren't paying attention...

dancing on the graves of the americans that died serving you for your perceived political gains is pretty pathetic...
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jun 12, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>why won't you stay on topic? You're behaving like Kimare. You're [Daniel from LI] better than that.
You're a true fool if you believe that twaddle you posted.
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Jun 12, 2014
Everyone knows perfectly well what happened. There's no coverup. The crazy right wingers can't even say what they think is being covered up.

Of course initially there was confusion over whether this was the CIA outpost or some off the grid, interrogation center (not usually described as such in the mass media,) because those things do tend to be kept secret...under any Administration.

Just as embassies and consulates have been attacked under about every Administration.

This doesn't mean Hillary doesn't have problems as a possible candidate, though. I suspect she's just sort of past her political expiration date. Certainly that part of the left which is not hellbent on a female First Exec right now finds Hillary to be too hawkish and conservative during her post First Lady career.
Peace through Genocide

Hinsdale, MA

#15 Jun 12, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>The Latin adverb sic ("thus"; in full: sic erat scriptum, "thus was it written")[1] added immediately after a quoted word or phrase (or a longer piece of text), indicates that the quotation has been transcribed exactly as found in the original source, complete with any erroneous or archaic spelling or other nonstandard presentation.
Thanks for exposing your ignorance. That is very brave of you.
It's also represents a humorous expression, dipshit.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#16 Jun 12, 2014
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a true fool if you believe that twaddle you posted.
changing a "quote" on Topix is a violation of the Terms of service you agreed to.

But then I consider the source, so......
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud

Philadelphia, PA

#18 Jun 12, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>changing a "quote" on Topix is a violation of the Terms of service you agreed to.
But then I consider the source, so......
I put in explanatory material which is clearly bracketed as addition, you know nothing pantywaist.

90% of Frank Staunton's BS is off topic and has been so for years, and here you are intoning, "you're better than that."

No, he isn't. You're wrong. It's obvious. You must see yourself as some sort of enlightened, positive thinking example for Foxy when you post such rubbish. Oh, you'll make him better with the proper spiritual guidance.

What you'll do is expose yourself as terribly limited and unawares.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#19 Jun 12, 2014
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud wrote:
<quoted text>
I put in explanatory material which is clearly bracketed as addition, you know nothing pantywaist.
90% of Frank Staunton's BS is off topic and has been so for years, and here you are intoning, "you're better than that."
No, he isn't. You're wrong. It's obvious. You must see yourself as some sort of enlightened, positive thinking example for Foxy when you post such rubbish. Oh, you'll make him better with the proper spiritual guidance.
What you'll do is expose yourself as terribly limited and unawares.
either that or I'll get pissy responses like this one.
Phyllis Schlafly s Shroud

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Jun 12, 2014
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>either that
You posted delusional nonsense to both that thing from LI and to me.

I guess you think you're the topix Deepak.

lol

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#21 Jun 13, 2014
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am on topic. The topic is Hillary. She wants to run for POTUS, so her sorry history is open to questioning.
Why won't she just tell the TRUTH ? What is she hiding ?
She is a politician, that is why she won't tell the truth. Here is a comedian turned politician who does tell the truth; he says he will not keep any of his campaign promises.

In late 2009 Jón formed the Best Party with a number of other people who had no background in politics, including Einar. The Best Party, which is a satirical political party that parodies Icelandic politics and aims to make the life of the citizens more fun, managed a plurality in the 2010 municipal elections in Reykjavík,[5][6] with the party gaining six out of 15 seats on the Reykjavík City Council (34.7 percent of the vote). Einar, who was second on the party's list behind Jón, won one of the seats on the city council.

The results, which came as "a shock" to Icelandic Prime Minister Jóhanna Sigurðardóttir, defeated the centre-right Independence Party-led municipal government of Hanna Birna Kristjánsdóttir. Jón's victory is widely seen as a backlash against establishment politicians in the wake of Iceland's 2008-2011 financial crisis.[7]

Jón's political platform included promises of "free towels in all swimming pools, a polar bear for the Reykjavík zoo, all kinds of things for weaklings, Disneyland in the Vatnsmýri area, a 'drug-free' Althing by 2020, sustainable transparency, tollbooths on the border with Seltjarnarnes, to do away with all debt, free access to Hljómskálagarðurinn (orchestral rotunda park)."[8][9]

Upon being elected, Jón announced that he would not enter a coalition government with anyone that had not watched the HBO series The Wire.[10] He is an avid watcher of the series, and stated his favorite character is Omar.[11] Ultimately, Jón's Best Party entered into a coalition with the social-democratic Social Democratic Alliance (Samfylkingin) as its junior partner to govern Reykjavík.
As Reykjavík mayor
Jón dressed in drag at the head of the Gay pride 2010 march through downtown Reykjavík.

After Jón became mayor of Reykjavík, it was irreverently proposed that the city be nicknamed Gnarrenburg, the title of an earlier television talk show featuring Jón.[12][13] As Mayor, Jón has been a source of amusement and shock by appearing at the 2010 Gay Pride parade as a drag queen (as he is a major supporter of gay rights),[14][15] posting a video holiday greeting wearing a Darth Vader mask and a Santa Claus cap,[16] and suggesting a merger with neighboring municipality Kópavogur.[17] Jón Gnarr protested the Chinese government's treatment of human rights activist Liu Xiaobo, before the announcement of Liu's award for the 2010 Nobel Peace Prize.[18] He has also stated that he believes the importance of the European Union is highly over-rated.[19] On October 30, Jón Gnarr announced that he would not seek a second term in office when his first term expires in May 2014.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min WasteWater 14,709
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 7 min June VanDerMark 10,951
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 33 min Xstain Mullah Aroma 48
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 39 min Geezer Disease 119
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 48 min guest 178
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 1 hr Wally 423
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Terra Firma 38,458
More from around the web