Rev. Slams Civil Rights, Gay Rights Link

Mar 19, 2011 Full story: Advocate 8

Breaking with several state- and national-level leaders of the NAACP, an Iowa-based preacher who heads a chapter of the country's oldest civil rights organization said he is sick of gays and lesbians "hijacking the Civil Rights Movement." Rev.

Full Story

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#1 Mar 19, 2011
Sometimes I almost regret having marched for Civil Rights in the 60's. Almost.
Sir Andrew

United States

#2 Mar 19, 2011
Thank goodness this jerk doesn't represent the whole. I wonder he hasn't attacked Asians, Latinos, women and so many other groups for "hi-jacking" the civil rights movement.

How sad to be so arrogant and clueless that you believe you should be the sole recipient of rights. Perhaps he should join the KKK; his message now echoes theirs.

“IT'S TIME TO ELIMINATE”

Since: Mar 11

PROP 8 AND DOMA!!!

#3 Mar 19, 2011
RalphB wrote:
Sometimes I almost regret having marched for Civil Rights in the 60's. Almost.
Don't fret about it Ralph.......I'm sure Martin Luther King Jr. would have slapped this man if he were alive today!!!
Seven Mountains

Watseka, IL

#4 Mar 19, 2011
It's understandable that black Americans would be offended at having a characteristic like their skin color equated to an abnormality like the preference for engaging in homosexual perversion. And to add further insult, for the perverts to claim that they are more victimized because of their behavior preferences than those brought to America in chains against their will. Every right-thinking person of any race should be disgusted at the homosexuals using the history of the suffering of others for their own greed and selfish political gain.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Mar 19, 2011
Perhaps the NAACP needs to replace the clueless old buzzard with new blood
http://cutegaylads.com/tgp/black-guys-344/pix...
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#6 Mar 19, 2011
Seven Mountains wrote:
It's understandable that black Americans would be offended at having a characteristic like their skin color equated to an abnormality like the preference for engaging in homosexual perversion. And to add further insult, for the perverts to claim that they are more victimized because of their behavior preferences than those brought to America in chains against their will. Every right-thinking person of any race should be disgusted at the homosexuals using the history of the suffering of others for their own greed and selfish political gain.
You sound like an ancient history professor lecturing from your grave
Here's the new stuff
American Medical Association (AMA) releases new guidelines effective February 19, 2011
----------
"Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity are conferred during the first 12 weeks of gestation, and they are irreversible"
----------
If you're at a computer that plays webcasts; check it out
http://media01.commpartners.com/AMA/sexual_id...

“Queer love is here to stay.”

Since: May 07

Los Angeles

#7 Mar 19, 2011
The man has the absolute right to express his opinion, no matter how bigotted. Of course, he and his organization, may need to accept the consequences.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#8 Mar 19, 2011
Perhaps he should listen to what Julian Bond has to say about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Judge resigns so he won't have to marry gay cou... 9 min Reverend Alan 591
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 1 hr Reverend Alan 2,461
Study Suggests But Doesn't Prove Genetic Link t... 1 hr Wondering 135
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 2 hr KiMare 25,975
Juanita Bynum gay lesbian | Breaking News for B... 3 hr Dollar Tumaka 1
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Brian_G 4,283
Jehovah's Witness Leader Lets Loose on Tight At... 4 hr Blue Danube 313
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,207
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 7 hr Frankie Rizzo 3,838
Judge overturns Montana's gay marriage ban 7 hr Fa-Foxy 50