57 Republicans, 3 Democrats Going Pro...

57 Republicans, 3 Democrats Going Pro-Marriage Discrimination

There are 11 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Sep 20, 2013, titled 57 Republicans, 3 Democrats Going Pro-Marriage Discrimination. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Sixty House Members decided to show that they despise marriage, but adore bigotry by sponsoring legislation that would allow people to discriminate against gay people

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Nov 09

Columbus OH

#1 Sep 20, 2013
Another example of legalized hate. Religious organizations and churches should not be able to use that fact as a reason to discriminate against LGBT individuals.
Chance

Grove City, PA

#2 Sep 20, 2013
This bill absolutely is needed. Gays have proven over and over again that they will not allow people to stand on their own convictions. A shame that it is like that, but it i. Everybody, but EVERYBODY, has to kiss gay butt so that no gay is offended. What a crock! This tiny minority should absolutely not be allowed to destroy freedom of religion in the United States. If this is a non-problem, then the law shouldn't be a problem.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#3 Sep 20, 2013
fr Chance:

>...This tiny minority should absolutely not be allowed to destroy freedom of religion in the United States<

Nobody is "destroying freedom of religion" in the US. Please quit reading trash by whirlednutsdaily.

Since: Jan 10

Westerville, OH

#4 Sep 20, 2013
This is silly legislation and contradictory to the 1st amendment. It’ll never be anything more than an idea (and a lame one at that). Back to the drawing board haters, no matter how you spin it, hate is not an American value.

Since: Jan 10

Westerville, OH

#5 Sep 20, 2013
Chance wrote:
This bill absolutely is needed. Gays have proven over and over again that they will not allow people to stand on their own convictions. A shame that it is like that, but it i. Everybody, but EVERYBODY, has to kiss gay butt so that no gay is offended. What a crock! This tiny minority should absolutely not be allowed to destroy freedom of religion in the United States. If this is a non-problem, then the law shouldn't be a problem.
Awwww, do you feel powerless? Are your lips sore? The rest of your post is irrational hysteria. BTW, I don’t want your lips anywhere near me freak.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#6 Sep 21, 2013
Well not hang on there fellow gay people - let's think about this and try to be fair and considerate for a moment.

I absolutely understand that some people feel their religious fervor so deeply that they would be hard-pressed to serve or employ LGBT citizens. After all, we guarantee people the right to be freely religious in our Constitution and we protect people from being discriminated against because of their religion or their religious beliefs.

And we have, by our own actions, proven that we hold to these freedoms dear. In many states we allow parents to kill their own children in pursuit of their religious beliefs against medical treatment. We allow religious organizations and officials of those organizations to become involved in politics even though legally they are not supposed to do that. The IRS routinely looks the other way in these cases. So we give GREAT latitude to people and organizations in this country based solely on religion.

So how about this compromise. Amend the bill to remove the protection from discrimination based on religion.

I think that if religious folks want to have the right to discriminate against others then others should have the right to discriminate against them.

After all - what's good for the goose is good for the gander right?

I also think that if it's a business or organization that normally serves the public at large and they wish to discriminate based on religion they should publicly post that on the front of their store or office so that LGBT citizens don't accidentally go there and cause offense. I for one am happy to stay away from places that don't want me (like Chick-fil-A and the Catholic Church) but I can only stay away if I know they don't want me - I can't read minds after all. So I think public notice of their desire not to serve LGBT citizens should be part of the law as well.

What do y'all think? Good huh!? ;)

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#7 Sep 21, 2013
Chance wrote:
You know what's needed, for you to STOP being such a hypocrite and back your hollow empty words with actions. YOU are the one who wants to boycott anything Gay friendly, yet you cannot get at your computer fast enough to type out your crabby posts.

ALL the major computer companies are Gay friendly, in fact, treat gay as NO issue at all, and back their LGBT employees to the max, including health care for spouses, donating to gay charities, and so on. They are far more gay friendly than Home Depot or Betty Crocker or the other businesses you despise so, yet here you are, your greasy little fingers caressing your GAY FRIENDLY computer keyboard las if you were fingering your gay lover's genitals.

I'm actually GLAD you are so SUPPORTIVE of a gay friendly company. Thanks for your SUPPORT. We'll carry a banner with your name in Gay Pride next year!

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#8 Sep 21, 2013
Chance wrote:
Nope, you do NOT have the right to discriminate against gays & lesbians just because your fairytale sky-god creature says it's okay.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

La Paz, Mexico

#9 Sep 21, 2013
Chance wrote:
This bill absolutely is needed. Negros have proven over and over again that they will not allow people to stand on their own convictions. A shame that it is like that, but it i. Everybody, but EVERYBODY, has to kiss negro butt so that no negro is offended. What a crock! This tiny minority should absolutely not be allowed to destroy freedom of religion in the United States. If this is a non-problem, then the law shouldn't be a problem.
There I fixed that for you. Your father wrote it in 1963 I'm certain. You folks always need someone to hate don't you?

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#10 Sep 21, 2013
Republicans are intrinsically disordered.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#11 Sep 21, 2013
Chance wrote:
This bill absolutely is needed. Gays have proven over and over again that they will not allow people to stand on their own convictions....
So, if your "conviction" is to harm gay people and their families, gay folks should bow their heads and accept it, simply because you feel strongly about doing that harm?

You aren't making a bit of sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 min Frankie Rizzo 25,628
Big Memorial Day Party 9 min Imprtnrd 5
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 9 min Rose_NoHo 438
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 22 min Truth 49,261
News Katherine Clark, Betsy DeVos get into heated di... 25 min Rainbow Kid 4
Gay oovoo (Dec '12) 31 min Bob smith 64
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 33 min Junket 13,559
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 58 min Doctor Feelgood 35
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr BOSE 5,993
More from around the web