South African Lesbian Couple Told To ...

South African Lesbian Couple Told To Divorce Or Son Will Be Removed From School

There are 14 comments on the NewsOne story from May 6, 2013, titled South African Lesbian Couple Told To Divorce Or Son Will Be Removed From School. In it, NewsOne reports that:

"Get a divorce or remove your child from our school" That is what Samantha and Kally Mabe , a married same-sex couple from South Africa, were allegedly told by their son's private Christian school, Secunda Highveld Christian School in Mpumalanga, reports Gay Star News .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsOne.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#2 May 6, 2013
What a strange little boy you are. Is this all you do for fun, or is your being a pathetic waste of human potential a special treat just for us gay folk?

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#3 May 6, 2013
Pierre wrote:
I applaud this school!
I'm surprised he spelled everything right. Kudos to public education.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#4 May 6, 2013
i just totally disagree on samesex marriage!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 May 6, 2013
See?

Gay IS the new black.

The abused become the abusers.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6 May 6, 2013
John-Albert wrote:
Then it would probably be best for you to marry someone of your opposite sex, if you are ever going to get the opportunity to actually get married. Now wouldn't it? If you "disagree" with same sex marriages, don't have one. It really isn't all that difficult.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#7 May 7, 2013
John-Albert wrote:
I bet you oppose interracial marriage as well.
Sammy

Renton, WA

#8 May 7, 2013
Pierre wrote:
I applaud this school!
So do I brother, so do I.
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#9 May 7, 2013
I don't know why they would even want their kid in a Christian school. They should pull him out before he gets brainwashed. Send him to public school and let him grow up normal.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#10 May 7, 2013
Brian wrote:
I don't know why they would even want their kid in a Christian school. They should pull him out before he gets brainwashed. Send him to public school and let him grow up normal.
This is South Africa. There may not be good alternatives.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#11 May 7, 2013
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
This is South Africa. There may not be good alternatives.
Of course there are. I'm with Brian -- Anything would be better than a christian school in South Africa. Look what the christian missionaries did (and still do)to Africa -- spawned millions of the worst homophobes; so bad they're legalizing the execution of gays in some parts of Africa and turning innocent kids away from schools in others. It'll take generations to undo the damage the christians have done.

For the record, South Africa has perfectly decent government schools.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#12 May 7, 2013
John-Albert wrote:
I'm sorry I worked so hard to help get you your equal rights.

See how that works? By the way. Coretta Scott King (you do know who she was dont you?) was a huge supporter of Gays and our battle for equal rights. Shame on you for not respecting your history.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#13 May 7, 2013
John-Albert wrote:
Why, is someone trying to force you into one?
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#14 May 7, 2013
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, is someone trying to force you into one?
I think he is just an ignorant black man who has forgotten what it's like to be discriminated against.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#15 May 7, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course there are. I'm with Brian -- Anything would be better than a christian school in South Africa. Look what the christian missionaries did (and still do)to Africa -- spawned millions of the worst homophobes; so bad they're legalizing the execution of gays in some parts of Africa and turning innocent kids away from schools in others. It'll take generations to undo the damage the christians have done.
For the record, South Africa has perfectly decent government schools.
Probably are, but graduation from them may not be the ticket to University that the paroch's are.

Things change slowly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 1 hr Joyce 38,425
News Boy Scouts faring well a year after easing ban ... 2 hr Carlton 19
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Rosa_Winkel 14,677
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 3 hr Fa-Foxy 118
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 4 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,793
News Junk food-loving fathers raise their future dau... 5 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 1
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 6 hr Mitts Gold Plated... 44
More from around the web