The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and fa...
Dandy Deacon

Torrance, CA

#91818 Sep 15, 2013
JOHN: So you judge, should we obey God or men?

PHIL: Well I think we ought to obey God.

JOHN: I know, so that's what we'll do. I mean, look, we submit ourselves to the laws as long as the laws of men do not cause us to disobey the Law of God. And to preach the truth is what we live for and whatever comes, comes. If, for example, the worst scenario is some station in Canada said, "You know, you're not going to be on anymore," that doesn't change anything either. Right?

PHIL: Right.

JOHN: That doesn't change anything. We have to do what we have to do and leave the results to God. And I'm content to be faithful to His truth. I know you are too.

PHIL: By the way, not to pick on Canada, it's already that way in Europe and America is moving that way at break neck speed. Does it make you concerned about the future of our society or do you see this as, in some ways, ironically opening greater opportunities for the ministry of the gospel?

JOHN: I don't know what the future of our society is as such, but I know the way the world is going, evil men are going to grow worse and worse. I mean, that's pretty clear. This society is in a spiral on a greased slide going down so fast. You know, we're getting closer to the return of the Lord Jesus Christ and then there will be a theocratic kingdom and He will rule and He will rule in righteousness and peace and grace, but He will rule. I don't know the particulars about what nations are going to rise or fall, but I do believe that the darker the night, the brighter the light and I do believe it is a plus and you might find this shocking for me to say, it is a plus to see the death of a superficial kind of morality. It is, you know...I have absolutely no interest in maintaining the Judeo/Christian ethic. I think people living under the illusion that they somehow are cultural Christians is not helpful. I think sinners have to come to the realization that they are desperately...desperately sick, the whole head is sick and I think as the society gets worse and worse and sin becomes more and more dominant and pervasive, its consequences become more apparent, and I would think that this is a time for the gospel to flourish. And historically that has been true. Self-righteous people are not a fertile soil for the gospel. Jesus said that when He said, "I've not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." So even under the judgment of God in this kind of situation, the Lord is still going to rescue those who put their trust in Christ. This is not a time, and this is what grieves me, this is not a time for the church to change its message. This is not a time for the church to compromise. Of all times in history, this is the time to be bold and straightforward and faithful to the truth.
Dandy Deacon

Torrance, CA

#91819 Sep 15, 2013
PHIL: And just to make that point, tell us the end of the story of that fellow.

JOHN: Yeah, Robert. He came to the church on a Sunday morning. I didn't know he was there. And I get up on Sunday and then read a Psalm, usually, or some other Scripture, but usually a Psalm. And I was reading a Psalm that day and it was about how the Lord breaks the chains and sets the prisoner free. And I was just reading through the Psalm. And finished it and preached the sermon. Afterwards he came to me and he introduced himself. Told me his name and told me he was one of the organizers of the Gay Pride Parade. He told me he had been told he was dying now. His AIDS virus had reached the point where it would take his life. He said he was terrified to die. He said that he had asked the people in his homosexual circle where he could go in the desperation of his heart, looking at the future, and he was told to come to Grace Community Church because they knew others had found hope there in that circumstance.

And so he came. And it was really funny what he said. He said, "You got up and you read that Psalm about setting the captive free and breaking the chains and all of that. And at that," he said, "I burst into tears and I knew I was in the right place because I needed to be set free. I needed the chains to be broken." And there's a phrase in there about leading them into the way, the way out of danger and trouble. And he said, "I saw, all of that became clear to me that I had found the place to be freed and liberated and let out." And then he said, "I was ready, I didn't know where to go or who to talk to or what to do." And then he said, "From my vantage point you did a very disturbing thing, you got up there and you just kept talking and talking and talking and you gave this really long talk like almost an hour," he said, "and I kept saying to myself, why doesn't this guy shut up so I can get down there and find out what I need to do to be set free?" That was my sermon he was talking about. He said, "I don't know what you said because it was so irritating to me." He said, "I just wanted..."
Dandy Deacon

Torrance, CA

#91820 Sep 15, 2013
~30 min smoke~
Brother Bubba Bojangles

Torrance, CA

#91821 Sep 15, 2013
And so I said, "Wow." He went into the prayer room and, I mean, his life just absolutely was revolutionized that morning. And he was transformed by the grace of Christ. And a few weeks later on a Sunday night, gave this whole testimony standing in the waters of baptism and I immersed him. And the Lord gave him a few months. And it was just before the Gay Pride Parade when all this happened. And so everybody coming down Hollywood Boulevard, he had an apartment there, all the people that were important went into his apartment to say goodbye to him because he was on his deathbed. And he had this testimony and some Christian literature which he gave to every person who came to visit him, so he was witnessing as strongly as he could. And he went to be with the Lord. I mean, that to me is the perfect story. That's...that's the thief on the cross, isn't it? A life of dissolution and sin and God's grace is so great that never have you passed His grace if you ask, even in the last hours. And I've seen that happen a few times. But never have I been told that my sermon was such an irritation as on that occasion.

PHIL: I hear that about my sermons all the time.

JOHN: I doubt that.

PHIL: But that...what's remarkable about that man's testimony is the power of the Word of God proclaimed boldly.

JOHN: Just read, just read it.

PHIL: Yeah.

JOHN: You know, I've told people through the years, the Scripture is a lion, you don't have to defend it, just open the cage, it will be okay. Let it go. I mean, the Word is power, especially, of course, when the Spirit of God quickens it to the understanding.

PHIL: Thanks, John. Look, we really just have a few minutes and I'm thinking when we put these broadcasts on the air, you never know who's listening, and I'm certain there are people listening right now who are homosexuals who may feel they are in bondage to that kind of sin. Do you have any words for a person like that? What does that man or that woman need to hear?
Brother Bubba Bojangles

Torrance, CA

#91822 Sep 15, 2013
JOHN: Well, I mean, my words would be somewhat of a summary of what I've been saying. There is hope in the goodness and the grace of God. God is in the business of forgiving sinners. He is in the business of setting captives free. He is in the business of releasing prisoners. He is in the business of washing and sanctifying and purging and cleansing sinners. That's what salvation is all about. And, you know, you if you are in homosexuality may feel that this is something from which you can't recover, that the impulses are so deep and so gripping and so dominating that you may feel, try as you have in the past, to liberate yourself from this and you've been unable to do it. And my word to you is that there's nothing too hard for the Lord, nothing too hard. But it's going to start when you break...you break open as it were your protection and you confess this as sin and from the depths of your heart you plead to be cleansed and washed and forgiven and put your trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as your Savior and the source of your salvation. And at that point, what happens is, the old life dies, the Bible says, and you are born again in a new life. And in that new life is the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit and therein lies the power to have dominion over that sin and to see that sin broken in terms of its power. It will always...it will always be there, and I tell people this, no matter what your sin patterns are, if you've been engaged in them long enough, the sin may go away gradually and slowly, you may find greater victory, but the memory will be there. And Satan always has a way and the flesh always is open to recycle iniquity. Do you notice that in your life? Sins you committed in the past long ago forgiven, the devil brings back the memory of those sins, sometimes even makes the excitement of those sins a sin in itself.

So there's no guarantee in this life that the memories will go away. There's no guarantee that you're going to be perfect in this life. That's not going to be true. But there will be forgiveness, there will be victory and there will be joy and peace and confidence in the forgiveness that's found in Christ. And the church will open its arms and truly embrace the forgiven sinner no matter what the pattern of the sin in the past was.

Could I just lead us in a closing prayer, Phil?

PHIL: Please do.

JOHN: Father, thank You for this wonderful time of fellowship with these dear friends. And we pray that You'll confirm to our hearts all this week that it's come from You and make us more like Your Son. May we understand Your perfect holiness and may we be holy because You are holy. To that end we ask Your strength and Your help through the Word and the Spirit in Christ's name. And everyone said...Amen.
Bart

United States

#91829 Sep 15, 2013
Wonderful sermons today, very uplifting.
Frankie Rizzo

Hayward, CA

#91830 Sep 15, 2013
AMEN! Alright very good! Inspiring.
Straight Sh00ter

United States

#91831 Sep 15, 2013
What this world needs is a few more rednecks.

Jeremy

United States

#91832 Sep 15, 2013
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
What this world needs is a few more rednecks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =c63DSPuH2ZsXX
And a LOT less queers!!!
MOST INTERESTING MAN

Netherlands

#91836 Sep 15, 2013
Bromance?

I have no idea what that means.

- The Most Interesting Man In The World
Straight Sh00ter

United States

#91838 Sep 15, 2013
Poopdeck Pappy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll have a bourbon and water please.
s

Bourbon and Branch coming up. A man after my own liver.
Straight Sh00ter

United States

#91839 Sep 15, 2013
Gary wrote:
I'll have a Stoli on the rocks.
Bump! A straight likker if I ever saw one.
Straight Sh00ter

United States

#91840 Sep 15, 2013
A Country Boy Can Survive

YOMON

Torrance, CA

#91841 Sep 15, 2013
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
A Country Boy Can Survive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I4s0nzsU1WgXX
yo
YOMON

Torrance, CA

#91842 Sep 15, 2013
Gary wrote:
My friend just called me from the Norfolk but station, seems Jade is there again this Sunday evening...wonder if he just got back from his imaginary vacation or if he's working the glory-hole in stall #12 in the men's room?
SVCK IT LIKE A BABY CALF
YOURNEGRO

Dallas, TX

#91843 Sep 15, 2013
Any black azz muthas with big dicks up in this b!tch?

Where my party people at?
Straight Sh00ter

Topeka, KS

#91845 Sep 15, 2013
YOURNEGRO wrote:
I'm a creepyaccced crakkka from around the way yo!
MYNEGRO

Torrance, CA

#91846 Sep 15, 2013
YOURNEGRO wrote:
Yo i'z be partay peeples swinging one eye alabama black snake up in the hood beaitch
Straight Sh00ter

Topeka, KS

#91847 Sep 15, 2013
Marty Robbins Old School Rock yo

Straight Sh00ter

Topeka, KS

#91848 Sep 15, 2013
Even older, for you history buffs out there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 5 min WasteWater 72
News Dozens of homes hang rainbow flags after gay co... 8 min Frankie Rizzo 2
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 28 min OccupyThis 17
News Lesbian pastor, United Methodist Church agree t... 1 hr Phyllis Schlafly ... 12
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... 1 hr Solid Blue November 40
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 2 hr June VanDerMark 11,297
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr who cares 15,833
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 38,753
More from around the web