Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

But this distinction is not the case in the Jewish Scripture’s next two passages: Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13, where the condemnation of homosexual activity seems explicit:“If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination.” But, look more closely, the use of “abomination” provides our first clue for understanding the context of this passage. Scholar John Boswell writes of the true meaning of the Hebrew word to’ebah, which we translate as “abomination:”

Abomination does not ... signify something intrinsically evil ... but something which is ritually unclean for Jews, like eating pork [which is] prohibited in these same chapters.”[17]
Thus, these two passages are understood, not as moral imperatives, but as ritual cleanliness rules specific to practicing the Jewish religion. This is part of the Holiness Code, not the moral Law Code, and it informs aspects of Jewish religious distinctiveness. It includes directives against wearing fabrics of blended materials and the cutting of the beard or hair.“In ancient Israel this code was a single piece; one did not pick and choose”[18] which part to enforce.

But—and this is crucial—this Holiness Code and all the other aspects of Jewish ritual purity became no longer valid for Christians in the year 49 CE, when early Christian church leaders Peter, Paul, and Jesus’ older brother James met in the Council of Jerusalem and decreed that the Jewish ritual law no longer had to be maintained by Gentiles who converted to Christianity. Thus, this prohibition, while applicable to the early Jewish faith, no longer is valid in the Christian faith. The current Christian church cannot invoke it, for they do not follow it, by their own decision.[It is important to note here that in this Holiness Code nothing is ever said about female homosexuality, so you women are totally off the hook!]

We must now leave the Jewish Scriptures and move into the Christian Scriptures —what is commonly called the New Testament—for our final three passages. These come, not from Jesus, but from the letters attributed to the early Christian teacher Paul. A letter he wrote to the fledgling church in the Greek city of Corinth states that the malakoi and arsenokaitai will not enter the Kingdom of God. The King James Version of the Bible translates these Greek words as the “effeminate” and “abusers of themselves with men.” The Revised Standard Version version of the Bible translates them both as “homosexual,” and the New Jerusalem Version translates this as “catamites and sodomites.” In its actual translation, malakoi is a Greek pejorative term referring to boys and youths [who]...“sell themselves to other men for sexual services; in other words ... call-boys,”[19] male prostitutes. Arsenokaitai translates as “a man lying.”[20] This word refers to the adult male who “lies with” or hires the callboy.[21]
Bud Longneck

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Brother Bubba wrote:
WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY SAYS ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY
Hebrew Scriptures
Genesis 19:5
(and parallel account in Judges 19)
They called to Lot,“Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we may know (yada) them.”
Deuteronomy 23:17-18
“There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, neither shall there be a sodomite (qedesh) of the sons of Israel. You shall not bring the hire of a harlot, or the wages of a dog, into the house of the Lord your God in payment for any vow; for both of these are an abomination of the Lord your God.”
Leviticus 19:22
“With a male you shall not lie the lyings of a woman; it is an abomination”
Leviticus 20:13
“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them.”
Christian Scriptures
1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes (malakoi), nor homosexual offenders (arsenokaitai), nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Romans 1:26-27
Therefore, God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For not only did their females exchange natural intercourse for that which is against nature, but also males, leaving natural intercourse with females, lusted in their desire for one another, males working shame with males and receiving the punishment within themselves which their falsehood necessitated.
1 Timothy 9-10
We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers.
Are you a Jew? Why are you posting jewish law? Do you understand that the word homosexual can not befound in the hebrew , Aramic or Greek language? Do you understand that religious laws have no basis in our laws?
Brother Bubba

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

The passages in 1 Timothy and Romans 1 share a similar context: they refer to male prostitution: those who practice it, or purchase it, or sell others into it. These passages are talking about an older man coupling with—and paying for—an adolescent boy.

Make no mistake about it: Paul’s understanding of “men committing shameless acts with other men” alludes to the form of same-gender sexuality most commonly practiced in the Greco-Roman world: pederasty: an adult male using a young boy or youth for his pleasure. The Christian Scripture condemnation of homosexual behavior is limited to these specific forms of behavior, behavior that involved inequality and exploitation and abuse. Despite the mistranslations of the Greek words, the Christian Scripture is silent about the morality of homosexual relationships based on contemporary models of equality, consent, respect and commitment.

And that, my friends, is all the Bible has to say about same-gender sexuality.

So, then, I ask: where is the sin in homosexuality? Where is the sin in gay marriage?

Perhaps the true sin in this discussion is something else entirely.

Perhaps the greatest sin of all is turning a book—the bible—and several mistranslated passages—into permission to deny worth, dignity, and legitimacy to people whose only wish is to love deeply and love truly till death do them part.

How long, O Lord, how long will that sin to go unpunished?

How long, O Lord, how long will that sin to go unstopped?

How long, O Lord, how long will that sin be written into the legal code of this country?

-Amen

~30 minute smoke break~
Gabe

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

JAX wrote:
homo fascism
Homosexual activists are vehemently promoting homosexuality throughout the media, academia, and politics as spelled out in their manifesto titled After The Ball. "Sensitivity" classes in schools are required to children as young as kindergarten where they brainwash a child within minutes into believing homosexuality is the same as trying a new food. This is pure Pavlovian style brainwashing, indoctrination, and ideological subversion. All states that legalize same sex "marriage" require schools to have these classes, and parents who opt their kids out can potential get thrown in jail and pay fines.
The only reason why homosexuals pushed to "serve openly" in the military, because they know the military is one of the largest institutions within the Fed govt. Now they can politicize their way into more influential positions to easily push the agenda further.
I'm not against any person, and I feel for the people experiencing same sex attraction and gender identity confusion, whether they think it's okay or not. However, homosexuality as a movement (the activists) are a fascist/totalitarian movement disguising itself behind flowery words like "diversity," "rights," and "tolerance." It is founded on lies/hypocrisy, but because of the sophisticated Marxist/Saul Alinsky psychological onslaught on the masses, they are able to hide their lies and hypocrisy in plain sight. We need to WAKE UP!
Great post! Thanks for sharing!
Bud Longneck

Cambridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Brother Bubba wrote:
The passages in 1 Timothy and Romans 1 share a similar context: they refer to male prostitution: those who practice it, or purchase it, or sell others into it. These passages are talking about an older man coupling with—and paying for—an adolescent boy.
Make no mistake about it: Paul’s understanding of “men committing shameless acts with other men” alludes to the form of same-gender sexuality most commonly practiced in the Greco-Roman world: pederasty: an adult male using a young boy or youth for his pleasure. The Christian Scripture condemnation of homosexual behavior is limited to these specific forms of behavior, behavior that involved inequality and exploitation and abuse. Despite the mistranslations of the Greek words, the Christian Scripture is silent about the morality of homosexual relationships based on contemporary models of equality, consent, respect and commitment.
And that, my friends, is all the Bible has to say about same-gender sexuality.
So, then, I ask: where is the sin in homosexuality? Where is the sin in gay marriage?
Perhaps the true sin in this discussion is something else entirely.
Perhaps the greatest sin of all is turning a book—the bible—and several mistranslated passages—into permission to deny worth, dignity, and legitimacy to people whose only wish is to love deeply and love truly till death do them part.
How long, O Lord, how long will that sin to go unpunished?
How long, O Lord, how long will that sin to go unstopped?
How long, O Lord, how long will that sin be written into the legal code of this country?
-Amen
~30 minute smoke break~
Here is a fact. Jesus was bisexual
Orem

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Most Righteous Mayor wrote:
I really like the new and improved Topix, thanks BIG BOSS MAN!!!
Me too

Whoop Whoop
Orem

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Brother Bubba wrote:
WHAT THE BIBLE REALLY SAYS ABOUT HOMOSEXUALITY
Hebrew Scriptures
Genesis 19:5
(and parallel account in Judges 19)
They called to Lot,“Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we may know (yada) them.”
Deuteronomy 23:17-18
“There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, neither shall there be a sodomite (qedesh) of the sons of Israel. You shall not bring the hire of a harlot, or the wages of a dog, into the house of the Lord your God in payment for any vow; for both of these are an abomination of the Lord your God.”
Leviticus 19:22
“With a male you shall not lie the lyings of a woman; it is an abomination”
Leviticus 20:13
“If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall be put to death, their blood is upon them.”
Christian Scriptures
1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes (malakoi), nor homosexual offenders (arsenokaitai), nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God.
Romans 1:26-27
Therefore, God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For not only did their females exchange natural intercourse for that which is against nature, but also males, leaving natural intercourse with females, lusted in their desire for one another, males working shame with males and receiving the punishment within themselves which their falsehood necessitated.
1 Timothy 9-10
We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, for adulterers and perverts, for slave traders and liars and perjurers.
NorCal Native needs to read and learn.

WHoop WHoop
Uncle Remus

Switzerland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Most Righteous Mayor wrote:
What an Awesome BIG PARTY, I'm having the time of my life!!!
So am I!

Thanks BIG BOSS MAN!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Bud Longneck wrote:
<quoted text>Are you a Jew? Why are you posting jewish law? Do you understand that the word homosexual can not befound in the hebrew , Aramic or Greek language? Do you understand that religious laws have no basis in our laws?
Don't interrupt you jackass heathen. Just calm down and SHUDDUP during Brother Bubba's sermon. Maybe you'll learn something.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Bud Longneck wrote:
<quoted text>Strange, you post day after day, from the morning till late late at night. You must not even have a low paying job. What are you?? Thats right a MOOCHER
SHUDDUP loser. I am retired. I made a good living and am able to enjoy my life. I wasn't a dumbass stoner like you who got stoned and missed it. I got an education and did very well.

You can too if you'd GET A JOB, QUIT SMOKING DOPE, PAY TAXES save your money and QUIT MOOCHING.

I pay enough taxes to support you and all your moocher loser boyfriends. Enjoy! I can't take it with me.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Bud Longneck wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a fact. Jesus was bisexual
In your sexual fantasies, but not in reality.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Thanks BIG BOSS MAN for cleaning up this thread. Most righteous Mayor too!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

WOO~HOOOO! Whoop! Whoop!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

WOO-HOOOO! Fine party. Mighty fine. Whoop! Whoop!

Memorial Day weekend is a time to tone down the gayness in honor of our brave veterans.

So toss 'em back for the vets and F that draft dodging NE Jade!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Mrs_ Most_Righteous_Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey, lil righteous will be born soon.....what will I tell him about his father and his fudge packing ways......how sad it is that you are turned on by a hard stick instead of a soft p@ssy.
It's to be expected. You'd probably turn John Wayne gay toots.
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

WOO~HOOO! Whoop! YUK!YUK!YUK! Whoop!
Frankie Rizzo

Union City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Looking forward to Brother Bubba's sermon on the morning! Puts the fear of Jesus in the heathens!
Pepe Le Pew

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

PARIS -- Tens of thousands of people protested against France's new gay marriage law in central Paris on Sunday, and police clashed with right-wing demonstrators.
The law came into force over a week ago, but organizers decided to go ahead with the long-planned demonstration to show their continued opposition as well as their frustration with President Francois Hollande, who had made legalizing gay marriage one of his keynote campaign pledges in last year's election.
Marchers set off from three separate points across Paris, and by early evening they filled the Invalides esplanade just across the Seine River from the Champs Elysees.
As night fell, several hundred protesters clashed with police, throwing bottles and chasing journalists.
Interior Minister Manuel Valls said police had arrested around 100 far-right protesters who refused to leave following the end of the demonstration.
Meanwhile, in southern France, the 66th Cannes Film Festival gave the Palm d'Or, its top honor, to "Blue is the Warmest Color: The Life of Adele," a French film about a tender, sensual lesbian romance.
Police estimated around 150,000 people took part in the demonstration in Paris, but march organizers claimed on their Twitter account that more than a million people did.
A similar protest in March drew about 300,000.
Around 5,000 police were on duty Sunday because previous anti-gay marriage protests also had seen clashes between far-right protesters and the police.
Jose

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

GRREAT P A R T A Y THANKS BIG BOSS MAN
btw LOVE THE NEW HAT
Orem

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Frankie Rizzo wrote:
Looking forward to Brother Bubba's sermon on the morning! Puts the fear of Jesus in the heathens!
Whoop Whoop

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••