The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and fa...
Dandy Deacon

New York, NY

#81248 Mar 13, 2013
The final Biblical text that deals with homosexual behavior is found in Paul's letter to the Romans, in which he unequivocally condemns homosexual behavior. The background for his understanding was the common Roman practice of older males 'keeping' young boys for sexual exploitation, which he was right to condemn.

But even if this were not the case, even if Paul knew about and condemned all forms of homosexual behavior, even the most loving, what then? Paul also told women not to teach, not to cut their hair, not to speak in church. Do we follow his teaching? He told slaves to obey their masters not once, but five times -- are we prepared to say today, as Southern slave owners argued 150 years ago, that slavery is God's will?

The fact is, I am not a disciple of Paul. I am an admirer of Paul, but a disciple of Jesus Christ. Paul himself says that we should not follow him, but Christ alone. So I come back, again to the life and teaching of Jesus as the center of my faith. In that light all other biblical teaching must be critiqued. There are seven passages about homosexual behavior in the Bible, all of which are debatable as to their meaning for us today. There are thousands of references in the Bible that call us, as Jesus commands, to love our neighbor, to work for peace and reconciliation among all people, and to leave judgment to God.

When I was pastor at Wallingford, I put biblical and intellectual foundations under my "heart" experience of knowing Sally. In those years I also came to appreciate a community in which both gay and straight Christians could worship together, serve on the Trustees, sing in the choir -- simply be human together, trying to grow in the capacity to love God and neighbor without fear.

As a result, when you ask me, "Is homosexuality a sin?" My answer today is: "No." I may be wrong, and I ask God's forgiveness if I am. But I don't believe that sexual orientation has anything to do with morality, any more than being blond or tall or left-handed does. Homosexuals as well as heterosexuals can be involved in sexual sin, including promiscuity, infidelity, and abuse. And homosexuals as well as heterosexuals can love one another with faithfulness, tenderness, and integrity. The same standards of moral behavior should apply to Christians, straight and gay. That is what my life experience as a pastor has led me to believe.

When a homosexual couple comes to meet with me in my office, then, and asks, "Will we be accepted in this church?" I can answer, "I will accept you." But I can only speak for myself. What shall I say on behalf of our whole congregation?

Shall I say, "Yes, you will be accepted here, as long as you aren't open about who you are and who you love?" Shall I say, "Yes, you will be accepted here, but you may not serve in any leadership positions." Shall I say, "Yes, you will be accepted here, but whatever you do, don't hold hands in church. Only heterosexual couples are allowed to do that." Shall I just say, "No." Or, perhaps, simply, "Yes."

The only way we will arrive at a consensus on how this question should be answered is by taking time, over the coming year, to examine ourselves, study the Bible, think, read, pray, listen, and share our diverse life experiences with each other, asking together what God is calling this congregation to do and be.

Let the conversation begin.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dandy Deacon

New York, NY

#81249 Mar 13, 2013
Amen.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Straight Sh00ter

Lawrence, KS

#81250 Mar 13, 2013
Preach Deacon!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Straight Sh00ter

Lawrence, KS

#81251 Mar 13, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
And now, Dandy is going to claim he is straight, actually can boink a female, and all the while post on the gay threads 24/7. Amazing! He, Frankie Dizzo, and Worlds Most Paranoid Bigot must be practicing polygamists. While the men folk post, the wives boink each other. Copy and paste and leave a few links, guys!
And you, our favorite fruity troll, make Richard Simmons look like John Wayne. I'll bet Christopher Lowell came to you to learn how to act gay.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Straight Sh00ter

Lawrence, KS

#81252 Mar 13, 2013
Dandy Deacon wrote:
Amen.
Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee; let the water and the blood, from thy wounded side which flowed, be of sin the double cure; save from wrath ...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Straight Sh00ter

Lawrence, KS

#81253 Mar 13, 2013
I'll bet if I posted something on here at 3:00 A.M. on a weeknight that our #1 troll, Old Snuffbutt Bill, would be here in 15 minutes flat to rate it down.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mango

New York, NY

#81254 Mar 13, 2013
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
I'll bet if I posted something on here at 3:00 A.M. on a weeknight that our #1 troll, Old Snuffbutt Bill, would be here in 15 minutes flat to rate it down.
yup never fails

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tanaka San

Fukuoka, Japan

#81255 Mar 13, 2013
Brown Lipstick wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie went hunting for the moron claiming that a regular topix user took their own life as a result of bullying. To make such a preposterous claim is inhumanlely low. Atypical for the narcissist, hateful, homosexual. Liars drawing attention to themselves, staged hate crimes, you name it, it never ends.
Who did they claim took their life?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tanaka San

Fukuoka, Japan

#81256 Mar 13, 2013
Scroooge wrote:
<quoted text> No, he is the most beautiful, kind, intelligent person I have ever met.
And you are totally deceived by that person.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tanaka San

Fukuoka, Japan

#81258 Mar 13, 2013
Dandy Deacon wrote:
Is homosexuality genetic or an evil force that plays mind games with people? I am well aware that this subject is charged and controversial -- and it has become so even in Christian circles. I have not sought support for my thoughts from the Word of God. Rather, the Word of God has given me the thoughts I will present here today. I will bring up the subject of homosexuality, but also the relationship to Christian homosexuals.
Is it a sign of the times and can you be delivered from it? From the beginning God created humans as man and woman. We begin in Genesis 1:27-28:
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth."
Here, God's Word clearly states that you were created to be Father and Mother - as man and woman - designed for parenthood. The Lord states that very clearly here.
Scripture considers any kind of sexual relationship outside of the bonds of marriage as loose living. The Scripture characterizes it as fornication. The marriage institution is also clearly defined in Genesis 2:24, where it says:
"Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."
Only man and wife are referred to here. It is not stated any other way; you can never imply or interpret it to mean that you can have whatever [sexual] partner you wish to have.
That instinct, which God has embedded in humanity to experience the deepest form of relationship, and in order to protect marriage in true faithfulness, has become the Devil's strongest weapon against God and against marriage. So he is using it against God. That which God has created so that man shall experience togetherness and faithfulness and happiness and everything it brings -- the Devil uses this against God and in God's face, in order to twist and distort.
Of course, in the animal kingdom there are males and females, and in the botanical world there are also male and female plants; in neither the animal nor in plant life do [sexual] abnormalities occur. Rather, every species stays with its own species. That is the way it is -- until humans, in recent years, have stomped into this area with test tube fertilization and through cloning. Up until that point it has been as God has said that we should live.
Legalizing [domestic] partnerships between men and men, between woman and woman, it will simply create disasters -- beyond comparison! We are already seeing the results of this. We see it through the spread of AIDS. Certainly, not all AIDS-infected individuals are homosexuals, but it came into existence because of this in the past. For that matter, innocent people can become infected with this terrible disease, without having had anything to do with what lies behind it, as far as homosexuality is concerned. Nevertheless it will create a big disaster,
Excellent post, thanks for sharing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gojirra

Fukuoka, Japan

#81259 Mar 13, 2013
Mzz Cleo wrote:
The Only Sin
Romans 1:18-32
http://gbcdecatur.org/sermons/OnlySin.html
The only sin today is to call sin "sin." If you do, you are labeled as intolerant. A man may be sick but he’s not sinful, he may be weak but he’s not wicked, he may be ill but he’s not evil, and even if he were to tell people that what they’re doing is wrong, they would say that they have some excuse. It would be environment, it would be genetics, it would be, ignorance, but nobody wants to be blamed.
Well, we’re going to learn something today about the wrath of God, the judgment of God.
Verse 18: "For the wrath of God is revealed." The wrath of God. Now we hear about the love of God and God is love--infinite, boundless, measureless love, God is love. But this God of love is also a God of wrath and when you love righteousness, you hate sin. The doctor who loves health hates microbes and germs and, when you love children, you hate child abuse. So, you see you cannot have a God of love without also having a God of wrath. And if you just take the love of God, you only have half of the story. He’s not a half baked God.
Now God is love, but when you take half of the truth and try to make half of the truth all of the truth, then that half of the truth becomes an untruth because you’ve distorted it and it’s not balanced.
So verse 18 says, "The wrath of God," God’s burning anger against sin," and the end of v. 20 says, "so that they are without excuse." There’s one thing that God will not accept for sin and that is an alibi or an excuse--he will accept a confession and he will forgive, but there is no excuse, man is inexcusable in his sin.
3 steps to sin in our text:
Step number one, man’s willful self-determination.
v. 21 They want to get rid of the thought of God.
Step number two, man’s wicked self-deception.
v. 18 ’hold the truth in unrighteousness’
vv. 22-25
He blinds himself, and thus he deceives himself.
Step number three, man’s woeful self-destruction.
Self-determination leads to self-deception leads to self-destruction. And the rest of this chapter tells about that destruction. What is that destruction? Well, it comes in several stages.
First of all, people who turn from God almost always become sexually perverted.
Verses 26 through 27: "For this cause..." Well, let’s go back to verse 25: "They changed the truth of God unto a lie and worshipped and served the creature more than the creator who is blessed forever and for this cause God gave them up to vile affections." Now what is he talking about when he says vile affection?
v. 26-28 "For even their women exchanged their natural use into that which against nature and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men, working that which is unseemly and receiving in themselves that recompenses of their error which was mete," or fitting, "and even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind."
Now what God is talking about here is the sin of sodomy and the sin of moral perversion. Notice how God calls this sin. Actually he begins up in verse 24. He calls it uncleanness, he calls it lust, he calls it dishonor in verse 24. In verse 26 he calls it vile affections. In verse 26 he said it is against nature. In verse 27 he says it is unseemly. Over in the Old Testament
Excellent post, thanks for sharing.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gojirra

Fukuoka, Japan

#81260 Mar 13, 2013
How many trolls are on this thread?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
The Fairy Tale

Tempe, AZ

#81261 Mar 13, 2013
Gojirra wrote:
<quoted text> Excellent post, thanks for sharing.
Sure if you like a 2,000 year old fairy tale told by a loser,and written by some old psychotic Goat herder! How any sane logical,critically thinking adult can even consider there is any truth what so ever in every fictitious page written! And the funniest thing of all the poster isn't even a true Christian but he is a piece of human flotsom who should be discharged down the sewer ASAP! All you losers know is hatred and lie's nothing more and nothing less! So take your bible and shove every page of it where the sun don't shine,right where it belongs! Excellent post if you believe in BULL SHYTE as you obviously do! FOOL! LOLOLOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Prop 8 Unconstitutional

Tempe, AZ

#81262 Mar 14, 2013
Straight Sh00ter wrote:
Well I'll tell ya,I don't know who is doing it but it's simply amazing how spot on every one of those icons are,whether positive or negative isn't it? Simply amazing! I'm so very happy that you concur! It just may be you doing it and if it is,great job! You just keep showing the hate from the righteous one's! And the phony Christians from the true one's! Here's a hint,and a clue for you,true Christians would never post hate,only LOVE! Glad I could clear that up for you! No thanks is needed buddy!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gojirra

Fukuoka, Japan

#81263 Mar 14, 2013
Jeremiah 25:15 For thus saith the LORD God of Israel unto me; Take the wine cup of this
fury at my hand, and cause all the nations, to whom I send thee, to drink
it. And they shall drink, and be moved, and be mad, because of the
sword that I will send among them. Then took I the cup at the LORD’S
hand, and made all the nations to drink, unto whom the LORD had sent
me: To wit, Jerusalem, and the cities of Judah, and the kings thereof, and the
princes thereof, to make them a desolation, an astonishment, an hissing, and
a curse; as it is this day

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gojirra

Fukuoka, Japan

#81264 Mar 14, 2013
Rev. 14:10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured
out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be
tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels,
and in the presence of the Lamb.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Gojira

Fukuoka, Japan

#81265 Mar 14, 2013
Jude 14-15 Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute
judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of
all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all
their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and
their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in
admiration because of advantage. But, beloved, remember ye the words
which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How
that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should
walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate
themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mzz Cleo

New York, NY

#81266 Mar 14, 2013
That guy from Tempe AZ does not believe a 2,000 year goat herder. Huh go figure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Melvin

United States

#81267 Mar 14, 2013
Mzz Cleo wrote:
That guy from Tempe AZ does not believe a 2,000 year goat herder. Huh go figure.
That's because he's a gaytard!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Mzz Cleo

New York, NY

#81268 Mar 14, 2013
NE Jade wrote:
And now, Dandy is going to claim he is straight, actually can boink a female, and all the while post on the gay threads 24/7. Amazing! He, Frankie Dizzo, and Worlds Most Paranoid Bigot must be practicing polygamists. While the men folk post, the wives boink each other. Copy and paste and leave a few links, guys!
What is this 'boink' you speak of? Is this acquainted with a 'leather daddy'?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
My husband left me 4 another man (Nov '09) 1 hr xenia 33
News Alabama justice faces possible ouster over gay ... 1 hr Xstain Mullah Fra... 3
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Jonah1 18,527
News Moore goes before ethics panel on gay marriage ... 3 hr Justin 5
News Eastern Kentucky holds first Pride Festival 3 hr Justin 103
News The Escape Every Gay San Franciscan Loves 3 hr Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 3 hr Hogan 50
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr Andy 40,551
More from around the web