Meet the 113th Congress: More diverse than ever

Jan 4, 2013 Full story: News 4 Jax 26

The newly sworn-in 113th Congress is the most diverse group of representatives in history, reflecting changing demographics and changing public attitudes.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#1 Jan 4, 2013
I am happy to see diversity coming to Congress, but diversity for the sake of diversity isn't what we need. What we need is thoughtful, courageous, intelligent people who will solve our problems. Let's hope we have some of that kind in the new group. It sure is lacking in the old one.
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Jan 4, 2013
the education system bowed to diversity for political sake and we now have the highest dropout and lowest literacy rate in decades. should work well for our lawmakers since they seem to be following along the same lines. and people wonder why other countries look at our administration and just laugh.
Pierre

Anonymous Proxy

#3 Jan 4, 2013
Diversity = more limp-wristed liberal douchebags.
Sheik Yerbouti

Pennington, NJ

#4 Jan 4, 2013
Pierre wrote:
Diversity = more limp-wristed liberal douchebags.
Pierre-typical french sissy boy!
serfs up

Kissimmee, FL

#5 Jan 4, 2013
All of you conservative voters know you get screwed over. You elect and the RINOS that you got rid of are replaced magically with new ones.There are people who believe in the wars as what is right. Problem is, there are many who do not and have been silenced. What about the eclipse of our freedoms? We need a new party. For we are lied to all the time. And it does not make a difference anymore about progressive Dems and Repubs with us stopping their movement. For it has not stopped for decades! The House speaker should be outta here. The next ones including Ryan should to. Either way there are millions of people not voting Repub next election. I am through until they prove to us. And that ain't happening. Elitists control both parties and would rather have their counterparts in charge then upstart men and women with no backing and believing in freedom. It is over for us. tyranny is the prescription for a spoiled people. May those who still believe in all ways have peace in their lives.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#6 Jan 4, 2013
This isn't about liberals, conservatives, Republicans, nor Democrats. It's about ONE congress working together setting aside their political differences to get ONE job done. Well many tasks, but you know what I mean. I can't believe that they're even fighting over giving relief aid to Hurricane Sandy areas, American cities. They have no problem in sending my American tax dollars overseas to foreign nations though or to so call build the Middle East for their wars for profit. The nerve of even some Americans who are complaining about sending relief aid to their fellow American citizens but love sending foreign aid to rebel groups who end up in the end attacking our soldiers. People in this country have their priorities all backwards. It's just embarassing and ridiculous.

“Barbie Doll Queen”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#7 Jan 4, 2013
And four more years of gridlock and bickering in Washington D.C. now that Boehmer is re-elected there will be fighting and squabilling and throwing punches at each other is all the hell they know to do nothing will get done in the next 4 years I do believe give them all boxing gloves
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#8 Jan 4, 2013
Mrs-Jessica-D wrote:
And four more years of gridlock and bickering in Washington D.C. now that Boehmer is re-elected there will be fighting and squabilling and throwing punches at each other is all the hell they know to do nothing will get done in the next 4 years I do believe give them all boxing gloves
Boner is incapacitated and stuck with a disemboweled party-in-name-only. Women and minorities in congress are just the start of the Democratic Party empowering the American people over monied interests and corporations.

Location hidden

#9 Jan 4, 2013
Mrs-Jessica-D wrote:
You've said the magic words, to give them all boxing gloves. Let them all do like many European parliaments do. Literally throw punches, put each other in choke holds, and sling each other around the room.
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#10 Jan 4, 2013
Adding homosexuals doesn't add any practical diversity to government, just another perverted point of view.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 4, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
Adding homosexuals doesn't add any practical diversity to government, just another perverted point of view.
But homosexuals, believe it or not, are a part of our society and been living here in the U.S. alongside us since the beginning. They pay taxes too that goes towards the very services we all will have to use someday or may be using now. They are news anchors, teachers, doctors, scientists, lawyers, activists, inventors, etc. Those who contribute great things to our society. There were many male Republicans who supposedly are heterosexual who were already busted for having sexual relations with underage boys, but they're still active in our political system. Those are perverts, for any adult who has sex with an underage person. What they have done was broke the law. It is not against the U.S. law to be homosexual or bisexual. One can argue and state that all men are perverts and should be stripped of all rights since men overwhelmingly committ most of the world's haneous crimes including rape.

Location hidden

#15 Jan 4, 2013
Al Jazeera Oilman Gore wrote:
<quoted text>
So do people that commit incest, adultery, polygamy, pedophilia, bestiality, and many other deviant ways of kinkyness. The fact of the matter is any relationship outside of two consensual male and female companions is a form of excess and vice. You're also basing your arguments around greed as well.
The principles of morality and natural law are being totaly disregarded and ss anything somehow qualifying as parenthood is preposterous for the simple fact that in either ss act a child will be deficient of either a male within two people practicing lesbianism or two men and said child being deficient of a 'female' motherly figure. Regardless of how many sick minded perverts that vote, are judges, polititians, and lawyers, the same people that have us near the economic collapse of human history, have little common sense left in their head anymore. To me, there is no such thing as ss marriage or parenting regardless of how many evil bastards suggest otherwise. This country, with the assistance of the star of david is the modern day devil.
To sum it all up, what I've gotten out of all of this ^^^ was that this country should try Sharia Law, ban not only same sex marriage not allowing states to have a say, even ban religion, alcohol, and anything else deemed as "unholy" or "dirty". I personally don't believe in same sex marriage myself nor would I have an abortion, but I seem to realize that everytime I wake up I live in the United States of America and the United Arab Emirates.

Location hidden

#16 Jan 4, 2013
Al Jazeera Oilman Gore wrote:
<quoted text>
So do people that commit incest, adultery, polygamy, pedophilia, bestiality, and many other deviant ways of kinkyness. The fact of the matter is any relationship outside of two consensual male and female companions is a form of excess and vice. You're also basing your arguments around greed as well.
The principles of morality and natural law are being totaly disregarded and ss anything somehow qualifying as parenthood is preposterous for the simple fact that in either ss act a child will be deficient of either a male within two people practicing lesbianism or two men and said child being deficient of a 'female' motherly figure. Regardless of how many sick minded perverts that vote, are judges, polititians, and lawyers, the same people that have us near the economic collapse of human history, have little common sense left in their head anymore. To me, there is no such thing as ss marriage or parenting regardless of how many evil bastards suggest otherwise. This country, with the assistance of the star of david is the modern day devil.
When it comes to diversity in the congress, what does someone's sexual orientation, religion, and ethnicity have to do governoning our nation?
JrEsq

El Segundo, CA

#20 Jan 4, 2013
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
When it comes to diversity in the congress, what does someone's sexual orientation, religion, and ethnicity have to do governoning our nation?
Nice deflection, Satan.
Lance Winslow

San Jose, CA

#21 Jan 4, 2013
LAcreole wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer: It affirms that this great country still embraces liberty for all..."for all".

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#22 Jan 4, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice deflection, Satan.
So no answer ot his question? why is it you never discuss issues, just spout nonsense?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#23 Jan 4, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Answer: It affirms that this great country still embraces liberty for all..."for all".
how true!

Location hidden

#24 Jan 4, 2013
JrEsq wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice deflection, Satan.
How did I deflect? I asked you a simple question. If you do not know the answer to it or don't want to answer it, then just simply say so. I won't jump on you for not wanting to answer it. It's a free country, remember? This isn't Uganda....

Location hidden

#25 Jan 4, 2013
Lance Winslow wrote:
<quoted text>Answer: It affirms that this great country still embraces liberty for all..."for all".
Thank you for anwering for the other guy/lady ^^^^. Exactly my point. I love this country because of liberty for all even if I don't agree with certain things.
Drink the hive

New York, NY

#27 Jan 4, 2013
That's Because He's Basically Bush's 3rd Term - It Doesn't Feel Like Anything 'Changed'- Because Nothing Has 'Changed'...

https://lh3.ggpht.com/_IUYlNU10BMY/Si4hkuWW_l...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The NE Jade Saturday Afternoon Thread 9 min Myron 19
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 12 min Reverend Alan 5,538
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 14 min Bryan Fischer s H... 2,867
Obama calls on women only at news conference 18 min Cordwainer Trout 7
Transgender Woman Featured in New Television Ca... 19 min Sneaky Pete 35
Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 23 min Suculent-dry 26,720
Gay man wins suit against clinic that used shoc... 27 min Bryan Fischer s H... 4
Next gay marriage fight: religious exemptions 3 hr WeTheSheeple 5,022
Supreme Court won't stop gay marriages in Florida 6 hr WeTheSheeple 18
More from around the web