Brazil congressional panel approves c...

Brazil congressional panel approves controversial bill that would allow 'gay cure' treatments

There are 16 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jun 18, 2013, titled Brazil congressional panel approves controversial bill that would allow 'gay cure' treatments. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

A Brazilian congressional human rights committee on Thursday approved legislation that would allow psychologists to treat homosexuality as a disorder or pathology.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#1 Jun 18, 2013
Maybe this will be moot if the country is nearing a revolution. However, I just heard from a couple of friends there currently that the protests are pretty much limited the largest towns.
Reggie

Italy

#3 Jun 18, 2013
Good. It's encouraging news to hear that homosexuals will be able to get help in Brazil now. Of course they will have to make that important first step an admit they have a problem.
Reggie

Italy

#5 Jun 18, 2013
Sounds like Brazil is moving forward and joining forces with other progressive nations that are taking a stand against the disease of homosexuality infesting most of the western world.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#6 Jun 18, 2013
Newman wrote:
Glad two hear there is action being taken too cure the queer scourge!!!
Which two hearers are you referring to?
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Jun 18, 2013
Maybe Brazil can become the first of many countries to make evangelism a capital hate crime
Fair is fair

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#10 Jun 18, 2013
Larry wrote:
God knows any man that sticks his pen!s in another man's ass needs it!
You think about homosexual acts too often to be straight.

“God made in the image of man”

Since: May 07

Sausalito, CA

#11 Jun 18, 2013
They should make it a capital crime for an adult to insist on posting in a forum while unable to distinguish between two, too, and to (and their, there and they're). Let's call it DUI -- Dissing while Uneducated and Idiotic.

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#12 Jun 18, 2013
Umninimuzi wrote:
They should make it a capital crime for an adult to insist on posting in a forum while unable to distinguish between two, too, and to (and their, there and they're). Let's call it DUI -- Dissing while Uneducated and Idiotic.
You realize that we'd be hearing a lot of crickets.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#13 Jun 18, 2013
DragonHung wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize that we'd be hearing a lot of crickets.
It would be better than reading a poster who respond to themselves......I mean 5 of the l2 posts are by the same person, who does this stuff all the time in other threads.......lol!!!
sounds like it

Knoxville, TN

#14 Jun 19, 2013
Reggie wrote:
Good. It's encouraging news to hear that homosexuals will be able to get help in Brazil now. Of course they will have to make that important first step an admit they have a problem.
Good for Brazil!

“RAINBOW POWER!”

Since: Oct 08

I Am What I Am.

#15 Jun 19, 2013
Religious nuts should never, ever, be allowed to hold public office. They are mentally ill.
KneesKnockin

Jupiter, FL

#16 Jun 19, 2013
Larry wrote:
Don't knock it until you try it.
Deja vu all over Again

Alpharetta, GA

#17 Jun 19, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
Maybe this will be moot if the country is nearing a revolution. However, I just heard from a couple of friends there currently that the protests are pretty much limited the largest towns.
From the looks of the escalating revolution in Brazil; Brazil's clueless lawmakers are fiddling with homophobia while the nation crumbles around them
It's like 'Homophobes outlawing gay people while Brazil burns'
Friar Clandestine

Alpharetta, GA

#18 Jun 19, 2013
Larry wrote:
'Larry' is a funny name for a girl who has never been loved
Bless you child; and may you finally find a man to do it to you
amen
He is Coming Soon

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#21 Jun 19, 2013

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#22 Jun 19, 2013
He is Coming Soon wrote:
www.scribd.com/doc/31322017...
This might fly with those in the Christian area......but it won't mean anything here!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 14 min guest 491
News LGBTQ Activist Cleve Jones: 'I'm Well Aware How... 37 min Well Well 9
Gay oovoo (Dec '12) 37 min lisa crossdress 24
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 1,845
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr patrol 4,677
News Will Jewish Fight Over Gay 'Conversion Therapy'... 2 hr Dawson 21
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 22,322
News 'Gay cake' appeal decided 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 18
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 11 hr Respect71 42,765
More from around the web