New survey taints Israel's gay-friend...

New survey taints Israel's gay-friendly image

There are 40 comments on the The Jewish News Weekly story from Jun 14, 2013, titled New survey taints Israel's gay-friendly image. In it, The Jewish News Weekly reports that:

For a number of years, Tel Aviv has been considered one of the most liberal cities in the world and the gay capital of the Middle East.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jewish News Weekly.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Brian

Attleboro, MA

#1 Jun 14, 2013
This certainly casts a current, but predictable light on religion.

Religion is the evil.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#2 Jun 14, 2013
It is no surprise in Israel where Haredi Jews breed like gerbils (and no, they don't have to do it through a hole in the sheet) and will soon outnumber the secular ones. The country can then become a Jewish version of Iran with rebbes instead of mullahs.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#3 Jun 14, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
It is no surprise in Israel where Haredi Jews breed like gerbils (and no, they don't have to do it through a hole in the sheet) and will soon outnumber the secular ones. The country can then become a Jewish version of Iran with rebbes instead of mullahs.
The American fundies are DROOLING over the version of a super conservative religious country. Sickening. A fanatic is a fanatic is a fanatic. It matters NOT who he bows down to.

Palm Springs, California

#4 Jun 14, 2013
Brian wrote:
This certainly casts a current, but predictable light on religion.
Religion is the evil.
Did they learn NOTHING from the Holocaust? The only reason they are in Israel at ALL, is because they were booted out of Europe, or would have been killed, by a repressive government, yet they can't wait to replicate it in the Promise Land.

Earth

#6 Jun 14, 2013
People in Pretoria and Johannesburg used to believe that Apartheid was a democratic system. Why be surprised that the ugliness eventually displays itself about the claims and fiction?
Broseph

Newark, DE

#7 Jun 14, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Did they learn NOTHING from the Holocaust? The only reason they are in Israel at ALL, is because they were booted out of Europe, or would have been killed, by a repressive government, yet they can't wait to replicate it in the Promise Land.
Hurt people hurt people, man. Hurt people hurt people.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#8 Jun 14, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
The Jews invented homophobia.
Oh shut up, Daniel. I knew before I even clicked on this story that there would be an anti-Semitic remark left here by you. You probably popped a woody as soon as you saw the headline, fingers no doubt shaking over the keys in anticipation of delightfully indulging your bigotry. Pathetic POS.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

#9 Jun 14, 2013
GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh shut up, Daniel. I knew before I even clicked on this story that there would be an anti-Semitic remark left here by you. You probably popped a woody as soon as you saw the headline, fingers no doubt shaking over the keys in anticipation of delightfully indulging your bigotry. Pathetic POS.
What said is the TRUTH. The Jews, Christians and Muslims ALL base their homophobia on the the ancient Jewish texts. Are you saying they don't ?

And stating a TRUTH about the Jews is NOT anti-Semitic. It's just the TRUTH.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#10 Jun 14, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
<quoted text>
What said is the TRUTH. The Jews, Christians and Muslims ALL base their homophobia on the the ancient Jewish texts. Are you saying they don't ?
And stating a TRUTH about the Jews is NOT anti-Semitic. It's just the TRUTH.
We're all aware of the roots of homophobia, so don't feign indignation and pretend that I was questioning your remark's historical accuracy. More to the point, don't pretend your comment was meant for educational purposes. If that were the case, you would have added "but Christians and Muslims are by far the largest practitioners of homophobia in the world today."

As usual, your remark was calculated bigotry, intended solely to offend. You may fool a very small number of your fellow trolls, but you don't fool the rest of us.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#12 Jun 15, 2013
Off topic, but I am really getting tired of this STUPID ad from this quack "Dr. Katz" (meow, meow) playing without being clicked every time I go into Topix. It did it again just now.

Palm Springs, California

#13 Jun 15, 2013
The Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing as homophobia you stupid fk, no one is afraid of you pathetic [email protected]
Great. Then why don't you and me go camping and sleep in the same tent, and we can go skinny dipping in the swimmin' hole?
Jackson

France

#15 Jun 15, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Great. Then why don't you and me go camping and sleep in the same tent, and we can go skinny dipping in the swimmin' hole?
And this is the exact reason the Boy Scouts don't allow homosexual men.

Palm Springs, California

#16 Jun 16, 2013
The Shadow wrote:
<quoted text>
You silly [email protected], that has nothing to do with being afraid of you. I don't go skinny dipping with any guys, let alone one that'll be staring at me. Silly [email protected], d!cks are for chicks.
Don't flatter yourself. I can tell you would NOT be interesting to even glance at and you would be as safe as a woman in my presence.

Palm Springs, California

#17 Jun 16, 2013
Jackson wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is the exact reason the Boy Scouts don't allow homosexual men.
Why? Because they lie and make up false names constantly?

Oh, sorry, that is YOU.

This is the last time I will tell you this, but I have made it clear I only like 'em OVER 45 years old, not youngsters. Get your mind out of the gutter, little liar.
Nutjobs here

Tel Aviv, Israel

#18 Jun 16, 2013
JohnInToronto wrote:
Actually the majority of Israeli are secular.
The Modern Orthodox are having a large amount of children and the secular birth rate is higher than other secular communities around the world.
The Hareidim are having less children in Israel.

Nice try though but Israel is becoming more secular not more religious.
Nutjobs here

Tel Aviv, Israel

#19 Jun 16, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>The American fundies are DROOLING over the version of a super conservative religious country. Sickening. A fanatic is a fanatic is a fanatic. It matters NOT who he bows down to.
What super conservative??
Israel is more free than most democracies when it comes to freedom of religion, freedom of speech. Women throughout society, social medicine, and so on.
Nutjobs here

Tel Aviv, Israel

#20 Jun 16, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Did they learn NOTHING from the Holocaust? The only reason they are in Israel at ALL, is because they were booted out of Europe, or would have been killed, by a repressive government, yet they can't wait to replicate it in the Promise Land.
THEY did learn and realize that there is no country in the world whom the Jews can rely on when they are in peril.
The decisions by the world to recreate a Jewish country in W.Palestine is from the 1920's not the 1940's. Follow the San Remo conference 1920, Paris Peace conference 1919, and the Mandate for Palestine. If it wasn't for the British going against the mandate and restriction Jewish immigration illegally than many Jews would not have even been in Europe anymore.
Not sure what replication. The Palestinians have multiplied from 100,000's to Millions.

Palm Springs, California

#21 Jun 16, 2013
Nutjobs here wrote:
<quoted text>
What super conservative??
Israel is more free than most democracies when it comes to freedom of religion, freedom of speech. Women throughout society, social medicine, and so on.
Oh, please, I'm not talking about Tel Aviv, I'm talking about those super conservative who think that normal Jews are not Jewish enough and we just read a terrible article about the Hasidic Jews taunting some innocent little girl and calling her terrible names. THOSE are the ones I was speaking about.
Nutjobs here

Tel Aviv, Israel

#22 Jun 16, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, please, I'm not talking about Tel Aviv, I'm talking about those super conservative who think that normal Jews are not Jewish enough and we just read a terrible article about the Hasidic Jews taunting some innocent little girl and calling her terrible names. THOSE are the ones I was speaking about.
There has been a sharp increase in hate crimes or just violence in Israel over the past 5 years.

There will always be extremists in all societies but what you speak of is rare.
My cousin was attacked by those Ultra-Orthodox in Beit Shemesh, my sister had paint thrown on her for not covering up enough (even though her clothes were below the knees and over the elbow), so i can understand as people around me were at the center of these controversies.

Most Israelis are not orthodox.
Most Israelis support a more secular society.
Most Israelis have a major problem with these actions.
This has nothing to do with Netanyahu who is not a Hassid.
The ultra-orthodox are not even in the current government for the first time in years. The voters have spoken and thats how Lapid got so many seats.

Not sure what you are trying to get at.

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#23 Jun 16, 2013
Europa Report wrote:
The Jews invented homophobia.
What a shame we failed to patent it. Imagine the royalties on which we're missing out.

It just makes me sick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danes charge imam for comparing gays to pedophi... 10 min The Troll Stopper 10
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 17 min neighbor 2,208
Gay/Bi Skype? 2 hr Bi Curious 14
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr cpeter1313 53,720
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr cpeter1313 8,405
News Twitter Blasts Ex-Google Employee Who Says Bein... 3 hr Kree 6
News Gay rights is personal for Florida gubernatoria... 4 hr Darius 1
News Teen weighs impact of joining school gay-straig... 4 hr Darius 8
More from around the web