WikiLeaks suspect named gay rights pa...

WikiLeaks suspect named gay rights parade marshal

There are 24 comments on the CBS News story from Apr 26, 2013, titled WikiLeaks suspect named gay rights parade marshal. In it, CBS News reports that:

The U.S. Army private charged in a massive leak of U.S. secrets to the WikiLeaks website has been named as a grand marshal of San Francisco's annual gay rights parade, a choice that was immediately condemned by several groups representing gay and lesbian service members.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Apr 26, 2013
This guy should be court martialed, drawn, quartered, hanged, shot, and sent to the Russian Front !

Or are you Dems & libs going to claim that him being gay is an absolute defense against the charges ?
Christina

Mesa, AZ

#2 Apr 26, 2013
We will overcome
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Apr 26, 2013
I don't agree with this one, I understand while some see him as a hero, I don't. There is no way with the amount of information he leaked that he could know one way or the other if any of that information could have put other military personnel in danger.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Apr 26, 2013
THAT was a VERY BAD DECISION !!!

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#5 Apr 27, 2013
This is a REAL disgrace, btw, naming him grand marshal. But nothing the loony Left does in the People's Demokratik Republik Of Kalifornia surprises me.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#6 Apr 27, 2013
I just read that they rescinded this honor. He is NOT going to be the grand marshal. He SHOULD be executed.

Since: Apr 08

Cleveland, OH

#7 Apr 27, 2013
It's obvious Foxy has never heard of whistleblowers. There are even laws protecting whistleblowers in the USA: http://www.whistleblowers.gov/

It's a serious ethical lapse, in my opinion, that military personnel are not covered by whisteblower laws too. Whistleblowers are an important part of the checks and balances that society needs to catch and correct wrongdoing.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#8 Apr 27, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
It's obvious Foxy has never heard of whistleblowers. There are even laws protecting whistleblowers in the USA: http://www.whistleblowers.gov/
It's a serious ethical lapse, in my opinion, that military personnel are not covered by whisteblower laws too. Whistleblowers are an important part of the checks and balances that society needs to catch and correct wrongdoing.
It's obvious Gay And Proud has never heard of national security. We're at WAR, you idiot ! And this disgraceful twerp should be executed !

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#9 Apr 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious Gay And Proud has never heard of national security. We're at WAR, you idiot ! And this disgraceful twerp should be executed !
We're at war? With who?

If you mean the war on "terror", just where is that war being fought? You cannot be at war with a concept. That's like being at war with dandruff. It will never stop.

It is the "1984" war that never ended, only kept going to keep the people quiet.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#10 Apr 27, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>We're at war? With who?
If you mean the war on "terror", just where is that war being fought? You cannot be at war with a concept. That's like being at war with dandruff. It will never stop.
It is the "1984" war that never ended, only kept going to keep the people quiet.
We're at war with Radical Islam. And I've lost a family member in this war.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Palm Springs, California

#11 Apr 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
We're at war with Radical Islam. And I've lost a family member in this war.
I'm sorry about that. Really sorry.

BUT war with Radical Islam? That is not war, but a constant squabble. How can you win a war on radical behavior? That is like the so called War on Drugs. Not winnable at all, but easy to loose.

Location hidden

#12 Apr 27, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
The military does protect whistleblowers, but that isn't what he did.

Earth

#13 Apr 27, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
Not just whistleblowing, but war crimes. Supposedly, the US military has an "honour code" about the duty to disobey an unlawful order. But like anything else in the US, rules are only followed when convenient. When cheap oil and cheap imports are at stake, human rights and personal freedoms are extraneous.

Anyone who tries to justify and rationalize the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan should be forced into uniform and sent there. If shitheads like Fux-Face really believe what they say, they should live up to it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#14 Apr 27, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
This guy should be court martialed, drawn, quartered, hanged, shot, and sent to the Russian Front !
Or are you Dems & libs going to claim that him being gay is an absolute defense against the charges ?
You should include the Libertarians and Tea Party as well, we also like what he did.

Cleveland, OH

#15 Apr 27, 2013
Foxy, if a soldier in any other country (North Korea, for instance) had leaked evidence of war crimes committed by their own country, you and your buddies at Fox News would be hailing that soldier as a hero and screaming to high heaven if that soldier was punished for whistleblowing.

It's no different when the soldier was one of your own, and the country that committed war crimes was yours.

A country's ethical reputation is based on how ethically it actually acts -- not on how ethical it claims to be. Committing war crimes, and covering it up, is not ethical.

Location hidden

#16 Apr 27, 2013
Guys, if he had forwarded the docs to the Senate Oversight Committee and/or the White House THAT would have been "whistleblowing".

This was NOT.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#17 Apr 27, 2013
EXECUTE THE TWERP !(This court martial stuff is easy.:))

Cleveland, OH

#18 Apr 27, 2013
snyper wrote:
Guys, if he had forwarded the docs to the Senate Oversight Committee and/or the White House THAT would have been "whistleblowing".
This was NOT.
So when you know that the higher ups are involved in the cover up why would you think it logical to report the wrongdoing to those very higher ups?

Manning tried to give the evidence to both the New York Times and the Washington Post but neither of those traditional news media bothered to show any interest. So Manning turned to Wikileaks which was set up specifically as a whistleblowing organization apart from any particular government or country.

Location hidden

#19 Apr 27, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you know that the higher ups are involved in the cover up why would you think it logical to report the wrongdoing to those very higher ups?
Manning tried to give the evidence to both the New York Times and the Washington Post but neither of those traditional news media bothered to show any interest. So Manning turned to Wikileaks which was set up specifically as a whistleblowing organization apart from any particular government or country.
All you've just done is elaborate on HOW he doesn't fall under whistleblower statutes.

“ WOOF ! ”

Coolidge, AZ

#20 Apr 27, 2013
Gay And Proud wrote:
<quoted text>
So we should all bow down before him and hail him as a great hero and give him honors such as being grand marshal of one of the gay pride parades. I don't think so.

Maybe he can bunk with John Walker Lindh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 28 min EdmondWA 45,146
Looking for a girlfriend for a married bi-sexual (Aug '08) 2 hr Pleasures feminin... 55
News Singer Greg Gould: 'I was told not to be too gay' 3 hr Marco R s Secret ... 1
News Gay Pride just 'not black enough' 3 hr Marco R s Secret ... 1
News Scientists reveal lesbians are MUCH more likely... 3 hr Marco R s Secret ... 6
News Is your child a "prehomosexual"? Forecasting ad... (Sep '10) 4 hr Dr. Q 773
News Trans woman in Halifax questions if prejudice i... 4 hr Dr. Q 6
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 9 hr Constitution 101 24,775
More from around the web