Question for GirlxGirl marriage and A...

Question for GirlxGirl marriage and Adopting kids

Posted in the Gay/Lesbian Forum

“Its Pronunced ME...O...G...NAY”

Since: Mar 08

Orem Utah

#1 Dec 15, 2010
Ok so... maybe im not going to need this information for a very long time but, im a novelist(or at least trying to be) and i love writing love stories between two girls.
I myself am a Male to Female Transgender who identifies as "Lesbian" in sexual orientation.
My plan after i transition is to find another girl who loves me for who i am and eventually Marry her(I dont give a fu ck if some hetero asshoes wanna make me call it a "Civil union" im going to ask her or i hope she asks me to "Marry" her and we will refer to it as a marrage.)
And ofc since i have a very strong desire to be a mother, i definately want to adopt children.

But this raises one odd question that i had been wanting to know.
I cant exactly write this in one of my naratives either until i know. so
my question is
In a "2 Mothers" parent situation(i seriously dont know what to call it. im clueless)
What would the children refer to the parents as?
obviously Mom and Mom would make some sort of confusion...
having the children call each parent by name seems like a good idea...
Mabye im over thinking this but...
Id really like to know.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#2 Dec 15, 2010
Myojine wrote:
Ok so... maybe im not going to need this information for a very long time but, im a novelist(or at least trying to be) and i love writing love stories between two girls.
I myself am a Male to Female Transgender who identifies as "Lesbian" in sexual orientation.
My plan after i transition is to find another girl who loves me for who i am and eventually Marry her(I dont give a fu ck if some hetero asshoes wanna make me call it a "Civil union" im going to ask her or i hope she asks me to "Marry" her and we will refer to it as a marrage.)
And ofc since i have a very strong desire to be a mother, i definately want to adopt children.
But this raises one odd question that i had been wanting to know.
I cant exactly write this in one of my naratives either until i know. so
my question is
In a "2 Mothers" parent situation(i seriously dont know what to call it. im clueless)
Id really like to know.
There are quite a few lesbian couples at my church with children. As far as i know, most of them seem to call them "Mommy 'First Name'", like "Mommy Cathy" and "Mommy Pam".
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#3 Dec 15, 2010
Jodie Foster had 2 moms, both of whom were named Josephine, which is how she got her stage name.

(she's one of my FAV actress of all time.:))

Orem Utah

#4 Dec 15, 2010
i did not know that XD lol thats nice to know.
I really look foward to a future of making a nice family and raising children.

Orem Utah

#5 Dec 16, 2010
no one else has a better opinion or advice?

“You'll love me!”

Since: Sep 10

I promise.

#6 Dec 16, 2010
Myojine wrote:
no one else has a better opinion or advice?
One of my very best friends was adopted by a lesbian couple and she would always just call them by their first names. She told me that she only uses mom when only one of them is there to avoid confusion. Of course, I'm sure there are other families that do things differently.

There are a few lesbian couples on this board with children I think. Bump this thread to the top later and I'm sure one of them will see it...

Orem Utah

#7 Dec 16, 2010
Coy91 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of my very best friends was adopted by a lesbian couple and she would always just call them by their first names. She told me that she only uses mom when only one of them is there to avoid confusion. Of course, I'm sure there are other families that do things differently.
There are a few lesbian couples on this board with children I think. Bump this thread to the top later and I'm sure one of them will see it...
Okies :3
Bumps ^_^

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#8 Dec 17, 2010
Myojine wrote:
my question is
Id really like to know.
First, It's called a family.

In many 2-female headed families I know, the kids call one parent Mom and the other Mommy. Or some other variation.

In the other scenarios I know, where the kids are the biological children of one parent, and the other is a step parent, they call one parent Mom, and the other by name.

My step daughter simply yells "MOM" when she want's something in general, not too worried about which of us comes running, and uses my personal name directly when she wants just me. She likes to call me Mom in public, which I think it a sort of "brand" she has stamped on me, to let everyone else know I belong to her.

I have always allowed her the freedom to choose.

My step son calls me by name, becausxe he was 7 when I married his Mom, and he already knew me that way. My stepdaughter was 2.

There is no set rule, and the kids usually are NOT confused and it simply evolves on it's own.

Orem Utah

#9 Dec 17, 2010
Oh thats really cool!
I wouldnt never have though of it that way.
Sorry this is sorta strange i havent been part of the "LGBTQ community" for very long, even though i am trans.
Much of this is pretty alien to me.
Thanks for your insight :3
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#10 Dec 17, 2010
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
First, It's called a family.
In many 2-female headed families I know, the kids call one parent Mom and the other Mommy. Or some other variation.
In the other scenarios I know, where the kids are the biological children of one parent, and the other is a step parent, they call one parent Mom, and the other by name.
My step daughter simply yells "MOM" when she want's something in general, not too worried about which of us comes running, and uses my personal name directly when she wants just me. She likes to call me Mom in public, which I think it a sort of "brand" she has stamped on me, to let everyone else know I belong to her.
I have always allowed her the freedom to choose.
My step son calls me by name, becausxe he was 7 when I married his Mom, and he already knew me that way. My stepdaughter was 2.
There is no set rule, and the kids usually are NOT confused and it simply evolves on it's own.
GOOD answer !
KSTTERR

United States

#11 Jan 31, 2011
Myojine wrote:
Oh thats really cool!
I wouldnt never have though of it that way.
Sorry this is sorta strange i havent been part of the "LGBTQ community" for very long, even though i am trans.
Much of this is pretty alien to me.
Thanks for your insight :3
Oh mah gosh, Myojine? Is that really you? Whoa..I can't believe you actually made that decision, I mean I'm happy for you and it's your decision but whoa...(Brain fizzles and pops!)
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#12 Feb 2, 2011
Frank Stanton wrote:
Jodie Foster had 2 moms, both of whom were named Josephine, which is how she got her stage name.
(she's one of my FAV actress of all time.:))
Don't forget about the Barbie twins.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#13 Feb 2, 2011
SLIF wrote:
<quoted text>Don't forget about the Barbie twins.
Who the heck are the Barbie twins and what do they have to do with this ?
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#14 Feb 2, 2011
Two blonde haired female models who had their own calendar.I'm talking about their mother.
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#15 Feb 2, 2011
SLIF wrote:
Two blonde haired female models who had their own calendar.I'm talking about their mother.
I don't know who they are. Who is their mother and why is she germane to the topic ?(just asking.)
Frank Stanton

New York, NY

#16 Feb 2, 2011
Ok, I just looked up the Barbi Twins on Wikipedia and elsewhere on the web.

WOW ! They are certainly GORGEOUS women !

Wikipedia says that one of the twins is gay and that their mother is gay. Interesting wikipedia entry.

VERY beautiful women !

I hadn't heard of them before.

(But I'm STILL glad I'm gay !:))

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ex-Navy SEAL alleges anti-gay bullying by CIA w... 9 min Buford 2
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 20 min Trip 55
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 22 min Frankie Rizzo 8,046
News Mormon church backs Utah LGBT anti-discriminati... 24 min LATER than WOODEN... 6,515
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 28 min elh 1,637
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 28 min Respect71 724
News The Year's Craziest Right-Wing Conspiracy Theor... 1 hr Buford 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Lamar 24,009
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 4 hr NorCal Native 1,153
More from around the web