Gay French politician receives death threat over marriage announcement

May 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Salon

French politician Thierry Speitel was sent bullet in the mail after giving an interview with a local newspaper in which he discussed his desire to marry his partner and adopt children now that France has legalized same-sex marriage and equal adoption rights for gay couples.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Truth

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

A lot of the French society is very sexist and therefore homophobic, it's actually built into their language where everything is specified by gender.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

I believe Emile Zola was threatened quite a number of times. When the French are passionate about a cause, right or wrong, they take it to the extreme.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
A lot of the French society is very sexist and therefore homophobic, it's actually built into their language where everything is specified by gender.
I am not sure that logic makes sense. Chinese society is also very sexist yet the Chinese language is genderless (it doesn't really have grammar as it is a completely analytic language). I do think language can influence thought but I don't think grammatical gender actually does to that much of an extent. By your analogy, the Dutch and the Danish should think of the world as being either sexless of hermaphroditic as the two genders in their languages are neuter and common.
Vive lEthiopie

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

I think this is why homosexual suicide is such an epidemic: they get TIRED of constantly being on the wrong side of nature.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Vive lEthiopie wrote:
I think this is why homosexual suicide is such an epidemic: they get TIRED of constantly being on the wrong side of nature.
In a few years when gay marriage is national law and DOMA is an ugly memory, what will YOU do? Suicide? It'll be a win win for all of us...you'll be away from modern society and we won't have to sit through your nonsense and intolerance anymore.
Vive lEthiopie

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>In a few years when gay marriage is national law and DOMA is an ugly memory, what will YOU do? Suicide? It'll be a win win for all of us...you'll be away from modern society and we won't have to sit through your nonsense and intolerance anymore.
Yeah, yeah, and you're going to make the Earth spin in the opposite direction to that in which it's spun for the past several millennia too. One of these days, it just ain't here yet, right?

LOLOL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••