Parents' Acceptance May Help Protect ...

Parents' Acceptance May Help Protect Gay Teens

There are 16 comments on the Mental Help Net story from Dec 7, 2010, titled Parents' Acceptance May Help Protect Gay Teens. In it, Mental Help Net reports that:

Positive family attitudes and behaviors towards lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender teens reduce their risk of depression, substance abuse and suicidal thoughts when they become young adults, a new study finds.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mental Help Net.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#1 Dec 8, 2010
This just in... der.

“Homosapien ”

Since: Jan 07

Minneapolis

#3 Dec 8, 2010
Yes acceptance and support help teens. Those who try to change their child's sexuality are basically torturing their kids, telling them that they need to deny, hide and lie about who they are. What is amazing is that at the top of the list of people asking teens to lie to themselves and others are religious organizations that are supposed to stand for the truth and honesty.
Poor kids

United States

#4 Dec 8, 2010
How heartbreaking for parents to have a child born with the rare birth defect of homosexual mental illness.
Hopefully some day soon, such congenital defects will be detectable in utero and the defective fetus be humanely aborted.
Very few kids are truly afflicted with homosexuality mental disorder, they are just taught to behave homosexually by queer pedophiles in the government schools. Healthy kids will outgrow the immature rebellious phase of choosing such a dangerous deviant lifestyle, the catching and spreading of disease via homosexual perversions.
Gretchen

United States

#5 Dec 8, 2010
fr poor kids:

>How heartbreaking for parents to have a child born with the rare birth defect of homosexual mental illness....<

Being glbt is NOT a "birth defect".

>...Healthy kids will outgrow the immature rebellious phase of choosing such a dangerous deviant lifestyle, the catching and spreading of disease via homosexual perversions. <

Nobody "chooses" to be glbt. You are either BORN gay or straight. Get a clue, and grow UP.
eric

Denver, CO

#6 Dec 8, 2010
Poor kids wrote:
How heartbreaking for parents to have a child born with the rare birth defect of homosexual mental illness.
Hopefully some day soon, such congenital defects will be detectable in utero and the defective fetus be humanely aborted.
Very few kids are truly afflicted with homosexuality mental disorder, they are just taught to behave homosexually by queer pedophiles in the government schools. Healthy kids will outgrow the immature rebellious phase of choosing such a dangerous deviant lifestyle, the catching and spreading of disease via homosexual perversions.
If you have any, your name couldn't be more accurate.
anonymous

Hove, UK

#7 Dec 8, 2010
Poor kids wrote:
excuse me? mental illness? homosexuality isn't a mental illness you poor confused little retard. Homosexuality is caused by a normal, recessive gene, please get your facts straight. People aren't "taught" to be gay, they are born gay.

Also, paedophiles dont usually teach people to be gay they just try to get them to play along with what they're doing, honestly just think about your statement, I don't see how a perverted man is teaching a little girl that he is molesting to be "gay", seriously get a life and get your facts straight.
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#8 Dec 8, 2010
Poor kids wrote:
Why don't you go away and disown us.I'm sure that there is some good horror movie or straight family abuse store you could be at home watching.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#9 Dec 8, 2010
Poor kids wrote:
Can you show us where you got this information? Do you have a background in medicine or research sciences? Because the entire body of modern medical knowledge seems to disagree with you.

For something to be a "defect", it has to affect a profound detriment on one's quality of life, or on their ability to perform a function. I assure you that I'm as able-bodied as an athlete.
Poor kids wrote:
Yeah, I'm sure the same god-fearing people who are anti-gay are going to be first in line to support abortions. Of course, we already know that their hypocrisy knows no bounds, so who knows...
Poor kids wrote:
Very few kids are truly afflicted with homosexuality mental disorder, they are just taught to behave homosexually by queer pedophiles in the government schools.
That's in contradiction with your first statement. Can you be taught a birth defect? Do you think that a teenage boy who is sexually attracted to girls can simply be "taught" to enjoy sex with other males? Is there any amount of coaxing, cajoling, begging or reasoning that could make ANYONE willingly and willfully enjoy sex with someone they're not attracted to?

No one is "taught" this. When the body enters puberty (or even earlier) it will TELL you who you are attracted to. You will find certain people attractive whether you want to or not. You may find the reality of it inconvenient, but some people simply find that they are attracted to their same gender. They aren't "taught" this, and it isn't a "defect" in any way.
Poor kids wrote:
Healthy kids will outgrow the immature rebellious phase of choosing such a dangerous deviant lifestyle, the catching and spreading of disease via homosexual perversions.
Heterosexual kids will grow up to be heterosexual adults, and homosexual kids will grow up to be homosexual adults. No matter WHICH one you are, you can avoid the dangers of catching and spreading disease with a little conscientious prevention. If you try teaching that homosexuals are the ones at risk of disease, then you'll be teaching heterosexual kids that they have nothing to worry about, and you endanger them.
anonymous

Hove, UK

#10 Dec 11, 2010
Poor kids wrote:
It's mind boggling that there are people like you with so much hate inside of them. Homosexuality is not a disease, or a genetic defect, also being gay is in no way dangerous.... it's having sex with someone of the same sex in a variety of different methods, and it causes no harm to either of the consenting adults.... you can't really call it a perversion either because it's a harmless method of sexual intimacy... please try and find the other half of your brain before you comment on this thread you ignorant little creep. Go die in a hole somewhere so adults and children alike don't have to be choked on your disgusting twisted views. If anyone is perverse and abnormal, then it's you. Hopefully one day people like you can be humanely aborted before parents have to bring up such a twisted hateful child. I believe I speak for all gays here when I say that you should just go die quietly somewhere.

Since: Dec 10

Ipswich, UK

#11 Dec 11, 2010
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
It's mind boggling that there are people like you with so much hate inside of them. Homosexuality is not a disease, or a genetic defect, also being gay is in no way dangerous.... it's having sex with someone of the same sex in a variety of different methods, and it causes no harm to either of the consenting adults.... you can't really call it a perversion either because it's a harmless method of sexual intimacy... please try and find the other half of your brain before you comment on this thread you ignorant little creep. Go die in a hole somewhere so adults and children alike don't have to be choked on your disgusting twisted views. If anyone is perverse and abnormal, then it's you. Hopefully one day people like you can be humanely aborted before parents have to bring up such a twisted hateful child. I believe I speak for all gays here when I say that you should just go die quietly somewhere.
Excellent post Anonymous!...and hello from a fellow British poster :)
Anonymous

Hove, UK

#12 Dec 11, 2010
CynicGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent post Anonymous!...and hello from a fellow British poster :)
thanks :) it's nice to see someone backing me up for once, and not just destroying my comment and putting words in my mouth :)

Since: Dec 10

Ipswich, UK

#13 Dec 11, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks :) it's nice to see someone backing me up for once, and not just destroying my comment and putting words in my mouth :)
I know what you mean :)
Anonymous

Hove, UK

#14 Dec 15, 2010
i'm changing my commenting name to "GayAndProud" too many people are quoting me out of context and there's also several other rather unsavoury types with the same commenter name as me :)
Bradyn
#15 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Beauty Queen

London, UK

#16 Sep 24, 2013
Poor kids wrote:
How heartbreaking .
Silly internet troll ...
Coleen

UK

#17 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/3FuqC7 only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Family Cabin NE Tales 5 min Babu 2
News Tanzania authorities arrest 12 over "homosexual... 6 min Frankie Rizzo 35
News Prominent chefs oppose baker in major gay right... 19 min Martin 1
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 32 min Wisdom of Ages 12,948
News Supreme Court To Hear Arguments In Case Of Bake... 45 min EdmondWA 327
News Former gay activist backs 'no' campaign 1 hr Martin 3
Transgender woman assaults 10 year old in restroom 2 hr Martin 6
News Who would be a better president: Donald Trump o... 3 hr Carpenter 23
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 16 hr Freedomofexpression 57,562
More from around the web