Rick Warren Compares Being Gay to Urges Like 'Punching Someone in the Nose'

Nov 29, 2012 Full story: EDGE 14

Evangelical minister Rick Warren has been outspoken about gay issues in the past, so it wasn't surprising that it was one of the main topics discussed when he appeared on CNN's "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Tuesday, November 27, 2012.

Full Story

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Nov 29, 2012
Why didn't they hire someone that even speaks AMERICAN English ?! They might as well have hired The Crocodile Man !

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#2 Nov 29, 2012
Fa-Foxy wrote:
Why didn't they hire someone that even speaks AMERICAN English ?! They might as well have hired The Crocodile Man !
how would you know he's not on fox news?

“Some people are gay - get over”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#3 Nov 29, 2012
Rick who and why do I care about what some religious bigot says about our lives?
Chance

Grove City, PA

#7 Nov 29, 2012
He's wrong. Sure, it is a self-destructive compulsion, it unfortunately runs through and through homosexuals, not just a moment of loss of control.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#8 Nov 29, 2012
I have an urge to punch him in the nose after seeing his picture. It is certainly a large enough target!

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#9 Nov 29, 2012
It looks as if Ricky boy took a ham to his face, and it is still lodged in his chin and jowls like a hamster.

Why are those right wing religious freaks always so HOG FAT? Gluttony IS one the 7 deadly sins.

“Brutally honest. ”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#13 Nov 29, 2012
And I don't think it is natural to have a chin connected directly to a chest. It is well disguised by the goatee, but to no avail. And yet, I won't tell him that the Bible punishes gluttony in an attempt to get him on a treadmill. Why? Because what he shoves down his throat is none of my damn business.

Feel free to interpret the last statement loosely.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#15 Nov 30, 2012
I think he's fighting his own same sex attractions?

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

#16 Nov 30, 2012
Chance wrote:
He's wrong. Sure, it is a self-destructive compulsion, it unfortunately runs through and through homosexuals, not just a moment of loss of control.
What an odd statement.

How can being attracted only to the same gender be a "self destruction compulsion" when it causes no harm whatsoever?

There is certainly no harm in it, for the gay person, or anyone around them.

The irrational obsession with gay folks that so many bigots share does seem to be self destructive, however. And yet so few seek help.

Why?

“Married 6/17/08”

Since: Feb 07

Porterville, CA

#17 Nov 30, 2012
Curteese wrote:
It looks as if Ricky boy took a ham to his face, and it is still lodged in his chin and jowls like a hamster.
Why are those right wing religious freaks always so HOG FAT? Gluttony IS one the 7 deadly sins.
Don't you remember, their belief is "do as I say, not do as I do".
Proud Gay Man

France

#18 Nov 30, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
What an odd statement.
How can being attracted only to the same gender be a "self destruction compulsion" when it causes no harm whatsoever?
There is certainly no harm in it, for the gay person, or anyone around them.
The irrational obsession with gay folks that so many bigots share does seem to be self destructive, however. And yet so few seek help.
Why?
You don't call AIDS harmful? You don't call cruising toilets, bathhouses, parks and gay bars, swallowing the loads of hundreds of gay perverts self-destructive and harmful?

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#19 Nov 30, 2012
Proud Gay Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't call AIDS harmful? You don't call cruising toilets, bathhouses, parks and gay bars, swallowing the loads of hundreds of gay perverts self-destructive and harmful?
There's only one problem with this theory, its a common practice of older self proclaiming straight married men.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#20 Nov 30, 2012
jcofe wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you remember, their belief is "do as I say, not do as I do".
As we have seen SO many times before, the ones who are the most vigilant and vocal are usually the ones with some deep secret. they are denying something in their own head by preaching to others to NOT do whatever it is they are so upset about. HOW many preachers have girl friends on the side? HOW many conservative politicians get busted for sexing up a storm, either opposite or same sex, after shouting like a Baptist preacher for years?

Two words: Larry Craig.

Since: Jan 12

Port Richey, FL

#22 Dec 1, 2012
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>As we have seen SO many times before, the ones who are the most vigilant and vocal are usually the ones with some deep secret. they are denying something in their own head by preaching to others to NOT do whatever it is they are so upset about. HOW many preachers have girl friends on the side? HOW many conservative politicians get busted for sexing up a storm, either opposite or same sex, after shouting like a Baptist preacher for years?
Two words: Larry Craig.
Maybe Larry Craig should hook-up with Mark Foley they could compair notes .........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? 8 min Frankie Rizzo 1,117
Online sleuths aid police in gay-beating case 9 min Christaliban 20
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 19 min The King of Dixie 49,857
Gay marriage (Mar '13) 22 min Rose_NoHo 55,940
US judge upholds state same-sex marriage ban, r... 23 min Frankie Rizzo 834
Mary Cheney says sister is 'dead wrong' on same... (Sep '13) 32 min swedenforever 147
Councilman Kenney calls for federal hate-crime ... 40 min Professor Jumper 5
Anti-gay Tenn. billboard stirs religion debate 52 min eJohn 69
Gay marriage cases await early Supreme Court de... 2 hr KiMare 456
•••

Gay/Lesbian People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••