Rutgers reaches $450K settlement with...

Rutgers reaches $450K settlement with Mike Rice

There are 3 comments on the Boston Herald story from Apr 18, 2013, titled Rutgers reaches $450K settlement with Mike Rice. In it, Boston Herald reports that:

Rutgers University has reached a $475,000 settlement agreement with Mike Rice, agreeing to pay the fired men's basketball coach for the remaining two years of his contract, university officials announced Thursday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Herald.

Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#1 Apr 18, 2013
He was fired for shoving them and throwing basketballs at them, not for his homophobic abuse, imo.

Rutgers N.B. sounds like a pretty disgusting, backwards place.
Sir Andrew

Honolulu, HI

#2 Apr 18, 2013
I think I'll leave beautiful Hawaii and move to the nation's toxic waste dumping ground so i can work at Rutgers. Then I'll abuse some students emotionally and physically, and retire with a huge settlement. What a great career choice.

And you're correct, Tea Bag. The homophobic chatter was just icing on the turd cake he'd already cooked. It was the physical abuse that got him canned, plus the public's response to seeing the abuse. A might potent combination.
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#3 Apr 19, 2013
Sir Andrew wrote:
And you're correct, Tea Bag. The homophobic chatter was just icing on the turd cake he'd already cooked.
I didn't mean the homophobic abuse was just an additional aggravation. I meant it is again minimized.

Imagine if the coach had uttered anti Semitic slurs against his players. In that case he wouldn't have just or primarily been fired for hurling basketballs at them or shoving them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 5 min RevKen 35,939
News Same-sex marriage faces first vote in RI (Jan '13) 1 hr Sandra Joseph 41
News Fight to legalize gay marriage in Rhode Island (Jan '13) 1 hr Sandra Joseph 525
News Anti-Gay Jehovah's Witness Cartoon Tells Kids T... 1 hr little lamb 1,972
News Finally: The men who live as dogs 1 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
News I am a gay Yankee teacher in the South (Aug '15) 2 hr Real American 16
News High HIV rates for gay men in some southern cities 2 hr Xstain Spot Remover 16
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Rose_NoHo 36,116
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 4 hr Three Rounds 880
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 5 hr Rose_NoHo 11,754
More from around the web