Christian Video Game Makers Blame Sat...

Christian Video Game Makers Blame Satan for Game's Demise

There are 24 comments on the EDGE story from Mar 28, 2014, titled Christian Video Game Makers Blame Satan for Game's Demise. In it, EDGE reports that:

Products offered on the free market usually succeed or fail according to factors such as general interest among prospective consumers, quality, and sometimes elements that simply don't work out the way they should, such as shipping, marketing, licensing, or other aspects to business.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
david traversa

Argentina

#1 Mar 29, 2014
These clowns are so sick it would be funny it it weren't so offensive to those who have even a shred of dignity left ..
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#2 Mar 29, 2014
david traversa wrote:
These clowns are so sick it would be funny it it weren't so offensive to those who have even a shred of dignity left ..
It's that same concept of obsession. The obsession becomes so all-encompassing that they say things like this. It dovetails with the ways in which "religion" throws people into arguments which harden and harden them, until they're really, really damned OCD about it.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#3 Mar 29, 2014
If these 'video game developers' want to see Satan; they can look in the mirror
They are their own worst enemies

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#4 Mar 29, 2014
It's great to wake up in the morning, pour my first cup of coffee, and then read this article. I got the biggest laugh, and it brightened my morning to the point I know this is going to be a wonderful day.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#5 Mar 29, 2014
Dear Satan: Please buy me a copy of Grand Theft Auto.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Mar 29, 2014
The real problem is that their game is LAME.

Duh.

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

#7 Mar 29, 2014
If their games were successful, they, no doubt, would attribute the success to divine intervention by their god. Following this line of thought, and considering their biblical righteousness, it appears as if their devil is more powerful than their god. ;-)
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#8 Mar 29, 2014
Edio wrote:
If their games were successful, they, no doubt, would attribute the success to divine intervention by their god. Following this line of thought, and considering their biblical righteousness, it appears as if their devil is more powerful than their god. ;-)
I just had to laugh at the topic to begin with.

I mean really....like Satan was working against some lame idea of a "Christian video game"...LOL!!!
Fundies R Mentally Swill

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Mar 29, 2014
Don't laugh. Satan once compelled me to learn Fortran, but I was soon saved.
Satan

Hayward, CA

#10 Mar 29, 2014
JohnInToronto wrote:
Dear Satan: Please buy me a copy of Grand Theft Auto.
I'd be delighted but I won't be in Toronto anytime soon. You're not as overrun with religious freaks as here in the States, where my work is cut out for me. Meanwhile, just steal a copy of the game from the creepy christians down the street.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 29, 2014
I'm pretty certain that if their game had included some of the more lurid battles, rapine and pillage that can be found in the pages of the bible anthology, the game might have taken off.

Level two: Massacre of the Amalekites
Level three: David diddles Bathsheba
Level four: Solomon diddles every chick in sight

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#12 Mar 29, 2014
After reading this article and listening to the video, I'm simply amazed that these folks can't figure out why they failed in the first place........lol!!!

I mean it's okay to commit incest and murder, but heaven forbid one might be Gay or Lesbian......and really, believing that the Earth is ONLY 6000 years old......sad!!!
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#13 Mar 29, 2014
snyper wrote:
The real problem is that their game is LAME.
Duh.
The guy in the brown dress is not wearing underwear
He is flashing earthworms like a villain
Xavier Breath

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Mar 29, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Swill wrote:
I heard that

Location hidden

#15 Mar 29, 2014
Just think of all the mischief (fun-with-a-disapproving-scowl -afterwards) we could get into with "Sims 3: The Bible Edition" !

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#16 Mar 29, 2014
Fundies R Mentally Swill wrote:
I was a FORTRAN programmer for twenty years. But then my employer made me switch to COBOL. IT WAS (and is) hell.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#17 Mar 29, 2014
nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I was a FORTRAN programmer for twenty years. But then my employer made me switch to COBOL. IT WAS (and is) hell.
Now, now......you need to read about who invented that language:
http://www.cs.yale.edu/homes/tap/Files/hopper...

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#18 Mar 29, 2014
Satan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd be delighted but I won't be in Toronto anytime soon. You're not as overrun with religious freaks as here in the States, where my work is cut out for me. Meanwhile, just steal a copy of the game from the creepy christians down the street.
Doesn't work because all the creepy Christians here speak Chinese and their video games are in that language.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#20 Mar 29, 2014
The market wasn't interested in their stupid game.

End of story.
Rambeaux

Newtown, PA

#21 Mar 30, 2014
WasteWater wrote:
The market wasn't interested in their stupid game.
End of story.
It had nothing to do with the Boogeyman?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Obama: Notion that being armed would have saved... 3 min Quirky 934
UPDATE: BIG 4th of JULY PARTY 10 min Big Huck Fan 34
News Sanders: Don't blame Islam for Orlando shooting 18 min ImFree2Choose 686
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 29 min Rose_NoHo 4,335
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 32 min Rose_NoHo 37,312
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 35 min WasteWater 13,048
News Pope says gay people deserve an apology 39 min Fa-Foxy 20
More from around the web