Gay teen achieves Eagle Scout milesto...

Gay teen achieves Eagle Scout milestone in Md.

There are 81 comments on the KHOU-TV Houston story from Feb 11, 2014, titled Gay teen achieves Eagle Scout milestone in Md.. In it, KHOU-TV Houston reports that:

It took only a few weeks since the Scouts lifted a ban on gay youth for a gay scout in Maryland to achieve the highest rank of Eagle Scout.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KHOU-TV Houston.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Feb 11, 2014
Good for him!!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 11, 2014
Congratulations, youngster!

Now onward to Explorer Scout.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#3 Feb 11, 2014
Now, watch all the supposed grown straight men start posting with all their sexual scenarios.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#5 Feb 11, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
Now, watch all the supposed grown straight men start posting with all their sexual scenarios.
And they undoubtedly have voices of experience.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#7 Feb 11, 2014
The spokesman at scout headquarters; Deron Smith; is still calling it 'sexual preference' instead of 'sexual orientation'
.
That is a deliberate insult rooted in redneck religious bigotry
.
Until scout leadership knocks off the snide insults; BSA headquarters will never convince the public that their reforms are for real
david traversa

Argentina

#8 Feb 11, 2014
I suppose OMM , Bryan Fischer and the rest of the holier-than-thous will now have a fit .. Let's hope they've grown up some since ..
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#9 Feb 11, 2014
The newsworthiness of the achievement is somewhat undercut by this Scout being in a liberal state and by the fact of the bigot Boy Scout's continuing discrimination against glbt adults.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#10 Feb 11, 2014
Marcavage s Trick wrote:
The newsworthiness of the achievement is somewhat undercut by this Scout being in a liberal state and by the fact of the bigot Boy Scout's continuing discrimination against glbt adults.
Liberal or not, bigots or not, Merit Badge requirements are standardized.
Campy

Las Vegas, NV

#11 Feb 11, 2014
NE Jade wrote:
Now, watch all the supposed grown straight men start posting with all their sexual scenarios.
Which you read voraciously.
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Feb 11, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberal or not, bigots or not, Merit Badge requirements are standardized.
Your blather has no connection whatsoever to what I posted.

You are having cognitive problems again.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#13 Feb 11, 2014
Marcavage s Trick wrote:
<quoted text>
Your blather has no connection whatsoever to what I posted.
You are having cognitive problems again.
Did you change your underwear before you changed names? Probably not.

A 88 years of age he's much sharper than you could ever hope to be. Fool.
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#14 Feb 11, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you change your underwear before you changed names? Probably not.
A 88 years of age he's much sharper than you could ever hope to be. Fool.
You must be slow. His follow on post had nothing whatever to do with the content of mine, as I pointed out.

He, and you, have proven impervious to corrections, explanations or new information in the many cases like this one. It's pathetic.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#15 Feb 11, 2014
Marcavage s Trick wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be slow. His follow on post had nothing whatever to do with the content of mine, as I pointed out.
He, and you, have proven impervious to corrections, explanations or new information in the many cases like this one. It's pathetic.
From someone who mocks 88 year olds. Proud aren't you?
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#16 Feb 11, 2014
Brave kid. Wish him the best now and in the future.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#17 Feb 12, 2014
Marcavage s Trick wrote:
The newsworthiness of the achievement is somewhat undercut by this Scout being in a liberal state and by the fact of the bigot Boy Scout's continuing discrimination against glbt adults.
OK, crosspatch. Let's rephrase that.

Because Eagle Scout rank is essentially all about Merit Badges, and Merit Badge requirements are Nationally standardized, any "newsworthiness" AND any red/blue/purple status of the State where he lives are irrelevant to the lad's accomplishment.

Have trouble with syllogisms, crosspatch?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#18 Feb 12, 2014
TomInElPaso wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you change your underwear before you changed names? Probably not.
A 88 years of age he's much sharper than you could ever hope to be. Fool.
I still have all of my teeth and hair, too.

<hugs>

Thank You.
Marcavage s Trick

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Feb 12, 2014
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, crosspatch. Let's rephrase that.
Because Eagle Scout rank is essentially all about Merit Badges, and Merit Badge requirements are Nationally standardized, any "newsworthiness" AND any red/blue/purple status of the State where he lives are irrelevant to the lad's accomplishment.
Have trouble with syllogisms, crosspatch?
Hey moron, the newsworthiness here is not that some kid became an Eagle Scout.

That's not a story, except maybe in a local church newsletter.

The newsworthiness here is that the Scout is claimed to be the first openly gay one to become a bigot Boy Scout Eagle.

The newsworthiness is somewhat undercut by his residence in a more liberal state. Had the first one been in Texas or Alabama it would have been bigger news.

As usual, you are incapable of thinking something through or accepting new information or clear explanations. That difficulty is age independent.

Now, just this once, drop your horsesht denials and evasions and dissemblings and further id iocy.
Denver Dan

Sacramento, CA

#20 Feb 12, 2014
Marcavage s Trick wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey moron, the newsworthiness here is not that some kid became an Eagle Scout.
That's not a story, except maybe in a local church newsletter.
The newsworthiness here is that the Scout is claimed to be the first openly gay one to become a bigot Boy Scout Eagle.
The newsworthiness is somewhat undercut by his residence in a more liberal state. Had the first one been in Texas or Alabama it would have been bigger news.
As usual, you are incapable of thinking something through or accepting new information or clear explanations. That difficulty is age independent.
Now, just this once, drop your horsesht denials and evasions and dissemblings and further id iocy.
Your opinion.

Truth is this is newsworthy despite your seething cynical attitude. Gays had a very tough time being accepted in the Boy Scouts and hopefully you'll hear more stories like this.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#21 Feb 12, 2014
Denver Dan wrote:
Gays had a very tough time being accepted in the Boy Scouts and hopefully you'll hear more stories like this.
They aren't accepted by many. Especially parents, churches and all those companies that pulled their funding. Gays should start their own scouts. Boys and girls do.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#22 Feb 12, 2014
This whole "we hate the gays" thing among the hypocrites that currently run the BSA is so bizarre. If I had had *any* idea how much gay sex goes on among the straight adolescent boys in Scout camps, I wouldn't have quit after the first camp-out when they all insisted on doing nothing but playing Capture the Flag all day long.

Apparently I should have stuck around longer. I would have learned about gay sex a lot earlier if I had.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 min Strel 11,731
News Feds' transgender guidance provokes fierce back... 2 min Three Rounds 851
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 min WeTheSheeple 36,071
Wall Street Reports Target Store Stock Price Ha... 5 min Bart 18
News CDC: Southerners' 'Racism' And 'Homophobia' Cau... 6 min Xstain Spot Remover 36
News Gay Couple Goes Viral After Defying Homophobic ... 1 hr Jack 10
News Minnesota becomes 12th state to OK gay marriage (May '13) 1 hr An NFL Fan 1,859
More from around the web