Poll: Almost Half of London Had or Wo...

Poll: Almost Half of London Had or Would Have Gay Sex

There are 30 comments on the EDGE story from Feb 21, 2013, titled Poll: Almost Half of London Had or Would Have Gay Sex. In it, EDGE reports that:

A new poll conducted by Time Out London Magazine concluded that 42 percent of the city's population are into gay sex.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Feb 21, 2013
And this is a surprise ?! Homosexuality has been Britain's national pastime for centuries.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#3 Feb 22, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
And this is a surprise ?! Homosexuality has been Britain's national pastime for centuries.
They were draconian in their disapproval of gay sex into the early 60's, tool. They were far more strict than the USA was. It is only in the last 30 years or so they have grown so cool with it.

“Where's my fairy wand!”

Since: Apr 08

Reading PA

#4 Feb 22, 2013
I knew there was a reason I love London so much. ;)

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#5 Feb 22, 2013
The only man easier to get into bed than a Brit is a US Marine!
Sven

United States

#7 Feb 22, 2013
Note to self - Stay far away from London!

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

#8 Feb 22, 2013
I wonder if they polled people who could not speak English. The figure is surprising and suspect since such a large proportion of London's population consists of immigrants from Arab and South Asian countries.(Even if these people had or have gay sex, their culture is such they'd be unlikely to admit it.)

It sounds very unscientific and suspect to me.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Sven wrote:
You worry needlessly. My husband and I travel often to London, on our way to Brighton. Sometimes straight relatives go with us. And guess what.......none of them have ever been tempted or forced to participate in same-sex sexual activity. And they have very much enjoyed all the attractions available to tourists. Your fear and loathing are restricting your enjoyment of a wonderful and exciting city.

Palm Springs, California

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Sven wrote:
Note to DAVID MOORE, of PEKIN, Illinois, pick a name and stick with it, cowardly little liar.

Palm Springs, California

#11 Feb 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
The only man easier to get into bed than a Brit is a US Marine!
OHHH, yes! I've met quite a few Marines in my time and they may be tough on the battle field, but they are SO passionate in private.

And, my hubby IS British, so I know all I need to know about that lot also.

I got a regular Downton Abbey going here!

Palm Springs, California

#12 Feb 22, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
You worry needlessly. My husband and I travel often to London, on our way to Brighton. Sometimes straight relatives go with us. And guess what.......none of them have ever been tempted or forced to participate in same-sex sexual activity. And they have very much enjoyed all the attractions available to tourists. Your fear and loathing are restricting your enjoyment of a wonderful and exciting city.
LUCKY you!

Next time you are in London, do me a favor, if you are there on Friday go to Covent Garden at about 5 PM when everyone gets out of work. The whole area becomes a huge street party when everyone hits the pubs for a pre-dinner Guiness or two. Raise a glass for me!

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#13 Feb 22, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>LUCKY you!
Next time you are in London, do me a favor, if you are there on Friday go to Covent Garden at about 5 PM when everyone gets out of work. The whole area becomes a huge street party when everyone hits the pubs for a pre-dinner Guiness or two. Raise a glass for me!
Been there, done that. But just for you, I will make it a point to go there and do it again. My hubby and I are not much for the "party scene", but we do enjoy our pint while we are there, so Convent Garden it will be. We usually plan on arriving in London on Thursday, spending two nights in London, and then go on to the cottage near Brighton. Maybe on our next trip, when my brother and his wife go with us, we will plan on a week in London, so that we can take them to some of the sights. My brother is 70 years old, and he's never been out of the country. He just got a passport, so they will be going with us this Spring.
Front Line Fighter

Irwin, PA

#14 Feb 22, 2013
"The average number of sexual partners straight men have is 13, while the magic number for gay men is 60."

And they wonder why straights perceive gays as disease-ridden.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#15 Feb 22, 2013
Front Line Fighter wrote:
"The average number of sexual partners straight men have is 13, while the magic number for gay men is 60."
And they wonder why straights perceive gays as disease-ridden.
Actually, what "they" wonder is why straight men don't enjoy their nature-given gifts,and why they are so up-tight about sex.
Front Line Fighter

Irwin, PA

#16 Feb 22, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, what "they" wonder is why straight men don't enjoy their nature-given gifts,and why they are so up-tight about sex.
Uptight? How about more sensible though some straights are not nearly sensible enough?

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#17 Feb 22, 2013
Front Line Fighter wrote:
<quoted text>
Uptight? How about more sensible though some straights are not nearly sensible enough?
I meant what I said. No question about uptight. If one is responsible and careful, through safe-sex practices, there is no reason to fear anything. Problem with many straight men, and some gay men, is that they want for only their own satisfaction, and disregard the enjoyment their partner desires. Thoughtful, careful sex can be wonderful and enjoyable, regardless of orientation.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#18 Feb 22, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant what I said. No question about uptight. If one is responsible and careful, through safe-sex practices, there is no reason to fear anything. Problem with many straight men, and some gay men, is that they want for only their own satisfaction, and disregard the enjoyment their partner desires. Thoughtful, careful sex can be wonderful and enjoyable, regardless of orientation.
And ya always get FREE beer with it !

:)

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#19 Feb 22, 2013
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And ya always get FREE beer with it !
:)
I would rather have a Martini, but will accept beer if that's all there is.

Palm Springs, California

#20 Feb 22, 2013
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Been there, done that. But just for you, I will make it a point to go there and do it again. My hubby and I are not much for the "party scene", but we do enjoy our pint while we are there, so Convent Garden it will be. We usually plan on arriving in London on Thursday, spending two nights in London, and then go on to the cottage near Brighton. Maybe on our next trip, when my brother and his wife go with us, we will plan on a week in London, so that we can take them to some of the sights. My brother is 70 years old, and he's never been out of the country. He just got a passport, so they will be going with us this Spring.
Nice. Thank you!

I am guessing you have been to Queen Victoria's bizaro house in Brighton! They have a fake rat in the kitchen which makes me laugh every time I think of it.

“Equality First”

Location hidden

#21 Feb 22, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Nice. Thank you!
I am guessing you have been to Queen Victoria's bizaro house in Brighton! They have a fake rat in the kitchen which makes me laugh every time I think of it.
I'm sure you mean the Osborn House. I went to a couple of concerts there. They are conducted on the lawn. It has a really nice collection of porcelains, which I covet. Actually, I think I have been to every castle, manse, mansion,and historic home in England (a little exaggeration there). And I don't remember the rat. Sure it wasn't still live, and just in residence?
Sammy

Seaview, UK

#22 Feb 22, 2013
Word of warning to straight guys - if you accidentally drop a schilling in the street, don't bend over to pick it up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump appointee resigns after racist, sexist an... 24 min Wondering 43
News a CDC ban on 'fetus' and 'transgender?' Experts... 28 min Wondering 96
News The Internet is mad at Chelsea Handler for "ant... 30 min Wondering 38
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 1 hr dollarsbill 17,546
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 2 hr anonymous 598
Gay text and call (Aug '12) 8 hr Craving 28
NE Jade Saturday Night Update 8 hr Corn Dodger 1
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 14 hr Anita Bryant s Jihad 888
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) Sat Melvin 27,293
More from around the web