Pope wades diplomatically into gay marriage debate

Jun 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Seattle Times

Pope Francis waded diplomatically into the gay marriage debate Friday, telling the Archbishop of Canterbury he wants to work together to promote family values "based on marriage."

Comments
21 - 40 of 132 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2013

Since: Jun 13

Montrose, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Stating the Truth about the depravity of homosexual behaviour is neither irrational nor silliy. The Holy Father has the responsability of proclaiming the Truth God has revealed to His Church thtough divine revelation.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

The bishop of Rome's comments display the RC version of Lysenko-ism when it comes to the Social Sciences.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

A mother and father ... Any mother and father?

Like these?

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/parents-jai...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

anglicanusepapa wrote:
Stating the Truth about the depravity of homosexual behaviour is neither irrational nor silliy. The Holy Father has the responsability of proclaiming the Truth God has revealed to His Church thtough divine revelation.
And what are the fruits of this asserted "depravity"?

Here are a couple ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

No bad tree produced good fruit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

A little more data for consideration ...

http://adoption.about.com/od/gaylesbian/f/gay...

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

anglicanusepapa wrote:
The "depravity" is coming from inside YOUR head. Your thoughts. Your imagination. Your fantasies about others. Why project that on strangers?

And to do that in the name of God is the ultimate depravity.

Montrose, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
The "depravity" is coming from inside YOUR head. Your thoughts. Your imagination. Your fantasies about others. Why project that on strangers?
And to do that in the name of God is the ultimate depravity.
There is no sense in trying reason with people like you as you do not believe in objective Truth. You do not believe in God, just in who you wish Him to be. You have decided to create God in your own image. You deny Sacred Scripture and hardened your heart so as to continue in your favourite sins. God's Word explains this in the letter of St. Paul to the Romans.
Qwerty26

Rehoboth Beach, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

anglicanusepapa wrote:
<quoted text>There is no sense in trying reason with people like you as you do not believe in objective Truth. You do not believe in God, just in who you wish Him to be. You have decided to create God in your own image. You deny Sacred Scripture and hardened your heart so as to continue in your favourite sins. God's Word explains this in the letter of St. Paul to the Romans.
Hilarious! Your words certainly describe you - the god you believe in is who you wish him to be. You have created god in your own image. Isn't it amazing that YOUR god hates the very same things that you do? Then you claim that someone else's words (so-called "Saint" Paul) are god's words. Can't your deity speak for herself?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2013

Judged:

anglicanusepapa wrote:
<quoted text>There is no sense in trying reason with people like you as you do not believe in objective Truth. You do not believe in God, just in who you wish Him to be. You have decided to create God in your own image. You deny Sacred Scripture and hardened your heart so as to continue in your favourite sins. God's Word explains this in the letter of St. Paul to the Romans.
Neither what you've demonstrated regarding your concept of "God", nor your assertion of an inerrant, infallible and monolithic "bible", bear any resemblance to "objective Truth".

An "objective" perspective examines the available evidence and is formed accordingly.

You've shut the door on learning.

Learn something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_t...

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

anglicanusepapa wrote:
<quoted text>There is no sense in trying reason with people like you as you do not believe in objective Truth. You do not believe in God, just in who you wish Him to be......
Wow. Can you prove that?

How many human hearts and souls have you entered and judged, in God's place, to be able to say anything like that with certainty?

Not believing in YOU, and YOUR thoughts and biblical interpretations, is not the same as not believing the God who made some of us gay.

That you think it is, says a lot about you.

And it's not pretty.

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

What isn't very pretty on this forum is the hatred and ignorance spewed by the pseudo-intellectuals who have chosen to follow the path of Pontius Pilate and look directly in the face of the God who died on the Cross to save them from their sins (perversions) and say to Him, "What is truth?" If you deny the Truth of God's infallible divine revelation - Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the teaching authority of the Church (Magisterium) then you deny the God who gave them to man. You have chosen to make yourself the one who decides what is right and what is wrong. You are no better than say, Hitler or Charlie Manson. I do not choose what is right or wrong, I strive to follow what God has revealed to man. I am a s inner and often fail, but I don't "call good evil and evil good".

Montrose, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

I haven't made on slurr or nasty comment on this forum and yet I have been attacked with name calling and unjust characterisations. I try to follow the example of Christ. Through study of history, philosophy, religion and Scripture I have come to know the Truth of Christ's Holy Catholic Church. I choose to follow that faith not because I think it teaches what I believe, but because it is the Truth. If I gave in to my own desires and pleasures I would be a most despicable person, perhaps worse than most of histories villains.
I will pray for all those that villify God and His Tuth as it is only themselves that they are hurting.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

RalphB wrote:
Pope Francis, " Every person needs a masculine father and a feminine mother to help them settle their identity."
Gee, I had a masculine father and a feminine mother, and my gay identity was "settled" in 1959, when I came out at age 15. And then, there is this (I presume straight) guy who was raised by a lesbian couple: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
You need to focus on your eternal identity: www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

anglicanusepapa wrote:
I haven't made on slurr or nasty comment on this forum and yet I have been attacked with name calling and unjust characterisations. I try to follow the example of Christ. Through study of history, philosophy, religion and Scripture I have come to know the Truth of Christ's Holy Catholic Church. I choose to follow that faith not because I think it teaches what I believe, but because it is the Truth. If I gave in to my own desires and pleasures I would be a most despicable person, perhaps worse than most of histories villains.
I will pray for all those that villify God and His Tuth as it is only themselves that they are hurting.
You mean these truths? www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

anglicanusepapa wrote:
Since you have admitted "is no sense in trying reason with people like you", then please stop posting here trying to do so. And since you seem to want to live as Christ did 2000 years ago, then I suggest that you practice celibacy and chastity, attend a synagogue each Saturday, and promote those things among all people also.

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

anglicanusepapa wrote:
You've made several slurs and nasty comments actually. Liar
Qwerty26

Rehoboth Beach, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

anglicanusepapa wrote:
You have chosen to make yourself the one who decides what is right and what is wrong...
Yes, we humans each decide what is right and what is wrong. Just like you. Do you follow every last law and commandment that you claim your deity handed down? Of course not, because some of them are downright obscene, and for that matter, illegal in most of the world. Do you lead the crowd to the stoning pit when a man finds that his bride is not a virgin? If not, you are not following your deity's laws, just like every other normal human being on this globe. So you, and all of us, are the same. No one is going to enforce stone age morality as described in your ancient text. If they did, they'd be in prison.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

anglicanusepapa wrote:
Just like Pope Barberini imprisoned Galileo for denying the Truth that the sun revolves around the earth.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>You need to focus on your eternal identity: www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
I already have, and I don't need your "christian" church to try and teach me anything. I already have the answers, and they are not what you would want to hear.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2013

Judged:

He is Coming Soon wrote:
<quoted text>You need to focus on your eternal identity: www.scribd.com/doc/31322017 ...
My eternal identity is a bunch of carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, sulfur, calcium, phosphorus, sodium, chlorine, potassium, iron, magnesium and and a handful other other elements' atoms which will eventually wind up as quarks in a black hole somewhere when the galaxy burns out along with some leptons floating who knows where. That is all there there is to it. The rest is hocus-pocus nonsense that some people would like to thing is the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••