Tiny Appalachian city enacts gay righ...

Tiny Appalachian city enacts gay rights ordinance

There are 4 comments on the SFGate story from Jan 14, 2013, titled Tiny Appalachian city enacts gay rights ordinance. In it, SFGate reports that:

A tiny city in southeastern Kentucky has enacted a gay-rights ordinance that prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation or gender identity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SFGate.

Proud Vicco Resident

London, KY

#1 Jan 17, 2013
This touches my heart. I'm so happy to hear this. Vicco is leading the way for gay rights in Appalachian Kentucky towns, and inspiring people across the globe. I'm so proud to say that I've lived her for the last 38 years.

:)
Proud Vicco Resident

London, KY

#2 Jan 17, 2013
I'm so proud to say that I've lived *here* (in Vicco) for the last 38 years.
Alice

London, KY

#3 Mar 11, 2013
I like gay people but I don't see a point for the ordinance except to get attention for some people as it has.
fontella

Mansfield, OH

#4 Mar 12, 2013
Alice wrote:
I like gay people but I don't see a point for the ordinance except to get attention for some people as it has.
I guess the point is that if a small town located in Kentucky could pass a ordinance than why can't larger cities do the same. The world didn't end and nothing in this area changed. I wouldn't think that your population is large and this made national and international news. I think this says a lot for this area to show acceptance for many who aren't accepted by others

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr UIDIOTRACEMAKEWOR... 25,295
News Republican senator apologizes for saying 'a guy... 2 hr Pope Out To Pasture 1
News S. Korean presidential hopeful accused of anti-... 2 hr Pope Out To Pasture 1
News Lawmakers: Faith-based adoption groups can spur... 2 hr Pope Out To Pasture 3
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr River Tam 48,067
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 3 hr Pilots Nail Drivi... 5,595
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 5 hr June VanDerMark 13,387
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 10 hr Rose_NoHo 162
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 19 hr Richie 69,522
More from around the web