Cardinal Dolan Makes It Clear: 'No Ga...

Cardinal Dolan Makes It Clear: 'No Gays Allowed'

There are 34 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from May 7, 2013, titled Cardinal Dolan Makes It Clear: 'No Gays Allowed'. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Cardinal Dolan's St. Patrick Cathedral in New York had a message for some gay Catholics who showed up there for Mass- you're not welcome.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dan

Omaha, NE

#22 May 8, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. That's my point. He's only allowed to preach messages that don't make sense. Even to most Christians.
So don't listen to what he says.

You obviously ascribe a great deal of gravitas to Dolan to fret so much about what he says at Mass or elsewhere.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#23 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
So don't listen to what he says.
You obviously ascribe a great deal of gravitas to Dolan to fret so much about what he says at Mass or elsewhere.
The 'elsewhere' part is where Dolan gets into trouble
He has no authority 'elsewhere'; especially in governmental matters. Dolan is not an elected official nor employee of the government
So he earns the criticism that showers down around him
Dan

Omaha, NE

#24 May 8, 2013
Rainbow Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
The 'elsewhere' part is where Dolan gets into trouble
He has no authority 'elsewhere'; especially in governmental matters. Dolan is not an elected official nor employee of the government
So he earns the criticism that showers down around him
The protesters here didn't think that the issue was "elsewhere". They thought Mass was a good place to call him out.

I missed where Dolan claimed to possess the authority of a government official or employee. Can you cite that?

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#25 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is his job to bring people to Christ.
It's also his job to allow those folks to celebrate Mass without having to deal with people who go to Mass for the express purpose of making a statement of protest against Church teaching.
So it's only his job to bring SOME people back to Christ, got it. Very logical. And so EASY for him to NOT take on those who need more convincing, but only the easily led ones. Got it. Talk about LAZY.

that's like convincing Sarah Palin that killing animals from helicopters is a GOOD thing.

Palm Springs, California

#26 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The protesters here didn't think that the issue was "elsewhere". They thought Mass was a good place to call him out.
I missed where Dolan claimed to possess the authority of a government official or employee. Can you cite that?
OBVIOUSLY his mass is NOT to be taken seriously, since it is so easily disturbed and he so easily distracted by them just entering. Some priest.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#27 May 8, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>So it's only his job to bring SOME people back to Christ, got it. Very logical. And so EASY for him to NOT take on those who need more convincing, but only the easily led ones. Got it. Talk about LAZY.
that's like convincing Sarah Palin that killing animals from helicopters is a GOOD thing.
False premise you're pushing here. Got it.

He's not obligated to ensure that people are availed of the opportunity to disrupt Mass.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#28 May 8, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>OBVIOUSLY his mass is NOT to be taken seriously, since it is so easily disturbed and he so easily distracted by them just entering. Some priest.
The group was there to make a political statement.

Mass isn't the place for that.

I mean, why the crying? They wanted attention and they got it.

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#29 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>So don't listen to what he says.

Gravitas? If, by that, you mean I feel sorry for someone delusional enough to believe all that crap and try to peddle it in pretty lacy dresses and petticoats and fancy shoes while trying to convince everyone that being gay is bad, then, yeah. I do.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#30 May 8, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravitas? If, by that, you mean I feel sorry for someone delusional enough to believe all that crap and try to peddle it in pretty lacy dresses and petticoats and fancy shoes while trying to convince everyone that being gay is bad, then, yeah. I do.
He sure commands a lot of your attention. Do you pay similar heed to others who you deem delusional?

“Marriage Equality”

Since: Dec 07

Lakeland, MI

#31 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>He sure commands a lot of your attention. Do you pay similar heed to others who you deem delusional?
You do try to create conflict that doesn't exist, don't you?

Here's a hint, dear. When you have to goad someone into defending himself against things he never posted, you're arguing all by yourself.

The handful of posts that you've just read are the sum total of everything I've ever written about Mrs. Dolan (married to Jesus, and all). I hardly think a handful of posts constitutes being labeled as "command(ing) a lot of (my) attention". Don't you?

Now run along to alter-boy "practice". I'm sure they're missing you behind those heavy velvet curtains.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#32 May 8, 2013
eJohn wrote:
<quoted text>
You do try to create conflict that doesn't exist, don't you?
Here's a hint, dear. When you have to goad someone into defending himself against things he never posted, you're arguing all by yourself.
The handful of posts that you've just read are the sum total of everything I've ever written about Mrs. Dolan (married to Jesus, and all). I hardly think a handful of posts constitutes being labeled as "command(ing) a lot of (my) attention". Don't you?
Now run along to alter-boy "practice". I'm sure they're missing you behind those heavy velvet curtains.
People on this board (you included)are fulminating about Dolan, as if they expect him to affirm homosexual marriage.

Anyone with half a brain wouldn't expect that, yet we sill get all the faux outrage that he did what he did. The childish embellishments you append to your posts only reinforce negative stereotypes.

Palm Springs, California

#33 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
He sure commands a lot of your attention. Do you pay similar heed to others who you deem delusional?
I hope the good Cardinal takes off his rosary beads when he is on the Vespa. They might get tangled in the spokes and strangle him like Isadora Duncan got strangled when her scarf got tangled in that death Bugatti's spokes.

Palm Springs, California

#34 May 8, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
People on this board (you included)are fulminating about Dolan, as if they expect him to affirm homosexual marriage.
Anyone with half a brain wouldn't expect that, yet we sill get all the faux outrage that he did what he did. The childish embellishments you append to your posts only reinforce negative stereotypes.
Do priest wear those pretty frilly robes and lacy petticoats on their day off, or is mandatory 24/7?

Palm Springs, California

#35 May 8, 2013
priests, not priest.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How do I organize a girls-only sex party? 9 min wetemke 2
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 13 min NorCal Native 8,050
News Sam Smith gets 'upset' over gay rights 1 hr david traversa 6
News Huge Media Cover-Up of Criminal Charges Against... 1 hr Fa-Foxy 62
News End of Boy Scouts' ban on gays prompts elation ... 2 hr Thomas 57
News Ex-Navy SEAL alleges anti-gay bullying by CIA w... 2 hr Xstain Mullah Decree 5
News Elkhart mayor asks city council to withdraw LGB... 2 hr Xstain Mullah Decree 15
News Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals ... 2 hr WasteWater 725
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr WasteWater 24,011
News Same-sex marriage fight turns to clerk who refu... 3 hr elh 1,637
News Supreme Court extends gay marriage nationwide 7 hr NorCal Native 1,153
More from around the web