Are you gay? The curious question ask...

Are you gay? The curious question asked by council in survey about WHEELIE BINS

There are 82 comments on the www.dailymail.co.uk story from Mar 18, 2013, titled Are you gay? The curious question asked by council in survey about WHEELIE BINS. In it, www.dailymail.co.uk reports that:

Residents in Birmingham UK were asked to state whether they were straight, gay or bisexual after answering a series of questions about recycling reward schemes and wheelie bin sizes in an online form.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.dailymail.co.uk.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#41 Mar 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Nobody comes to mind; he'd have to have been a child performer in silents, and I can't think about anyone but jackie cooper, who is dead.
<quoted text>
Jackie Cooper was one of my FAV actors as a child and as an adult.

The actor I was speak of is....... Mickey Rooney !:) He first appeard in a movie in 1926. He has made over 300 movies. And he is currently working as an actor in a movie called "The Devil In The Fog" which is in pre-production.

Thanks for playing !

:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#42 Mar 20, 2013
There are bios out there, but I learned most of it theough various film magazines and interview videos, especially with his son.

The biography channel's bio is pretty extensive, though it leaves out his time in turkey. Guess they had to edit something...:)
http://www.biography.com/people/bela-lugosi-9...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds to me like you may have read a bio. If you did, do you have the title? I'd like to read it.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#43 Mar 20, 2013
I never liked rooney, so it doesn't surprise me that I skipped over him.
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Jackie Cooper was one of my FAV actors as a child and as an adult.
The actor I was speak of is....... Mickey Rooney !:) He first appeard in a movie in 1926. He has made over 300 movies. And he is currently working as an actor in a movie called "The Devil In The Fog" which is in pre-production.
Thanks for playing !
:)

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#44 Mar 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
There are bios out there, but I learned most of it theough various film magazines and interview videos, especially with his son.
The biography channel's bio is pretty extensive, though it leaves out his time in turkey. Guess they had to edit something...:)
http://www.biography.com/people/bela-lugosi-9...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Fbjm_N2tCLMXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
I liked The Biography Channel. A few years ago they did a GREAT biograhy of Al Capone. They still show it occassioanlly, and I highly recommend it.

Also, I saw the biography they did on Raymond Burr. Until I saw that I did NOT know that he was gay. And they interviewed his husband quite extensively for the show.

Years ago, they wouldn't have done that.
Sam I am

Mountain Home, AR

#45 Mar 20, 2013
A father watched his young daughter playing in the garden.
He smiled as he reflected on how sweet and pure his little girl was.

Tears formed in his eyes as he thought about her seeing the wonders of nature
through such innocent eyes.

Suddenly she just stopped and stared at the ground.
He went over to her to see what work of God had captured her attention.

He noticed she was looking at two spiders mating.
'Daddy, what are those two spiders doing?' she asked.
'They're mating,' her father replied.

'What do you call the spider on top?' she asked.
A Daddy Longlegs,' her father answered.

'So, the other one is a Mommy Longlegs?' the little girl asked.
As his heart soared with the joy of such a cute and innocent question
he replied,
'No dear. Both of them are Daddy Longlegs.'

'The little girl, looking a little puzzled, thought for a moment, then
lifted her foot and stomped them flat.

'Well", she said, "that may be OK in California , but we're not having
any of that shit in Texas ."

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#47 Mar 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
There are bios out there, but I learned most of it theough various film magazines and interview videos, especially with his son.
The biography channel's bio is pretty extensive, though it leaves out his time in turkey. Guess they had to edit something...:)
http://www.biography.com/people/bela-lugosi-9...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Fbjm_N2tCLMXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
Thanks, I'll give them a read and a view.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#48 Mar 20, 2013
Burr had to be really careful due to the perry mason series.
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I liked The Biography Channel. A few years ago they did a GREAT biograhy of Al Capone. They still show it occassioanlly, and I highly recommend it.
Also, I saw the biography they did on Raymond Burr. Until I saw that I did NOT know that he was gay. And they interviewed his husband quite extensively for the show.
Years ago, they wouldn't have done that.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#49 Mar 20, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Burr had to be really careful due to the perry mason series.
<quoted text>
And he wsa TOTALLY in the closet when he was in Godzilla (I think he played that big lizard thing. Kinda like James Arness playing that giant berserk big carrot in "The Thing".)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#50 Mar 21, 2013
Actually, he played an american reporter named steve martin, who has a japanese "guide"; there's a lot of unintentional gay context. He's not in the original japanese release, which is practically a different movie. The funny thing is that the suit actor was a fairly small guy.
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
And he wsa TOTALLY in the closet when he was in Godzilla (I think he played that big lizard thing. Kinda like James Arness playing that giant berserk big carrot in "The Thing".)

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#51 Mar 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Actually, he played an american reporter named steve martin, who has a japanese "guide"; there's a lot of unintentional gay context. He's not in the original japanese release, which is practically a different movie. The funny thing is that the suit actor was a fairly small guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =d1IQMqB0uoQXX
<quoted text>
I was joking....

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#52 Mar 21, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Actually, he played an american reporter named steve martin, who has a japanese "guide"; there's a lot of unintentional gay context. He's not in the original japanese release, which is practically a different movie. The funny thing is that the suit actor was a fairly small guy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =d1IQMqB0uoQXX
<quoted text>
I LOVE the scene where "Steve Martin", that always makes me laugh when he says that, is in the tent with that handsome Japanese cop and they are both in their underpants! At one point they are both lying on cots, smoking up a storm as if just "finished".

I heard a few years ago that ALL of his scenes were shot in America in like 2 days and they had doubles of the Japanese actors, with their backs always to the camera, in his scenes with them.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#53 Mar 21, 2013
Fa-Foxy and Curteese:

I think you two have waaaaay too much time on your hands.:)

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#54 Mar 21, 2013
RalphB wrote:
Fa-Foxy and Curteese:
I think you two have waaaaay too much time on your hands.:)
I wasn't going to get involved, in fact was bored, till they brought up Godzilla and that is my kryptonite.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#55 Mar 21, 2013
Oh, I know. I just love that some people think he was in the original movie instead of just in inserts after it was released for distribution here.
Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I was joking....

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#56 Mar 21, 2013
"Was it good for you?" There's a scene where there's a major windstorm and burr practically climbs on top of the guy to keep him from being blown away. Other blowing, they don't show.
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I LOVE the scene where "Steve Martin", that always makes me laugh when he says that, is in the tent with that handsome Japanese cop and they are both in their underpants! At one point they are both lying on cots, smoking up a storm as if just "finished".
I heard a few years ago that ALL of his scenes were shot in America in like 2 days and they had doubles of the Japanese actors, with their backs always to the camera, in his scenes with them.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#57 Mar 21, 2013
RalphB wrote:
Fa-Foxy and Curteese:
I think you two have waaaaay too much time on your hands.:)
No. I unexpectedly adopted another cat Sunday.

HELLO BROOKLYN !

:)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#58 Mar 21, 2013
Now THERE'S a movie: they discover that Godzilla is from krypton...
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't going to get involved, in fact was bored, till they brought up Godzilla and that is my kryptonite.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#59 Mar 21, 2013
The original Godzilla movie is obviously an exorcism.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#60 Mar 21, 2013
I just got back from the library, and after reading the balance of this thread, I think I should have stayed a while longer. I suddenly have a yen to get one of my old B movies out and zap a bag of popcorn.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#61 Mar 21, 2013
RalphB wrote:
I just got back from the library, and after reading the balance of this thread, I think I should have stayed a while longer. I suddenly have a yen to get one of my old B movies out and zap a bag of popcorn.
I rarely pop popcorn, because when I do, the smell seems to linger in the whle house for days. Also, Jaime climbed up on the kitchen counter last nite and ripped open a bag of unpopped popcorn to see what it tasted like.:(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 14 min cpeter1313 17,476
News Dolly Parton Discusses Gay Rumors, Losing a Dra... (Nov '12) 1 hr Fake Liberal News 6
News Gay Cakes Are Not a Constitutional Right 3 hr Frankie Rizzo 866
Gay text and call (Aug '12) 5 hr Want8inchesin 23
News Costa Rica's first gay marriage suffers bureauc... 7 hr Fundies Mentally Nil 1
News Former OKC Mayor blames homosexuality for moral... 7 hr Fundies Mentally Nil 581
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 8 hr NE Jade 27,292
More from around the web