Obama Announces Support For Eliminati...

Obama Announces Support For Eliminating BSA Ban On LGBT Participation

There are 2410 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Aug 9, 2012, titled Obama Announces Support For Eliminating BSA Ban On LGBT Participation. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Both President Barack Obama and former Governor Mitt Romney support the removal of the Boy Scouts of America's policy regarding banning LGBT scout and scout leaders.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#2305 Sep 17, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't benefit by allowing it. You have to give the government something to get something in return. You get benefits for your child.
You didn't answer the question.

How does society benefit from banning gay couples with children from marrying?

We already know how society benefits from more secure families and kids.

Prove to us that society benefits from the opposite, on in the case where gay parents are concerned.

Location hidden

#2306 Sep 17, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, all boys here, liar. How often does your lesbian daughter go and f herself? HAHAHA!
Most people have masturbated at some point during their life.

It really has nothing to do with sexual orientation.

I'm sure your sons had their share of wet socks secreted in the laundry.

Location hidden

#2307 Sep 17, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The possibility of having children. There is no such possibility with gay couples.
2. A mother and a father. There is no such possibility with gay couples.
So, straight couples may ONLY marry when there is a possibility that they may have biological children? That's news to most of us.

Can you please show us any law, or any state's regulation that requires that ability before granting a marriage license?

And, Dear, ALL children have a biological Mother and Father, but not all children are raised by them. Many are even tortured and abandoned by their biological parents.

Many children are adopted, and many are raised in blended families. And, if their parents are heterosexuals, they can still marry, so I think your talking points don't have a basis in reality.

If you disagree, please point to any state or federal regulation that demands all children be raised by a biological Mother and Father, and that a couple can only marry all of their children are biologically related to both of them.

If you can't produce such proof of your claims, why keep posting such things?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2308 Sep 17, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question.
How does society benefit from banning gay couples with children from marrying?
I did, apparently you didn't understand my answer. No surpise there. The government doesn't benefit by allowing gay marriage. Gays with children get the same dependent benefits as anyone else with children.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2309 Sep 17, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
I never claimed they knocked themselves up. Socks? Really?
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2310 Sep 17, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
1. So, straight couples may ONLY marry when there is a possibility that they may have biological children? That's news to most of us.
Can you please show us any law, or any state's regulation that requires that ability before granting a marriage license?
2. And, Dear, ALL children have a biological Mother and Father, but not all children are raised by them. Many are even tortured and abandoned by their biological parents.
3. Many children are adopted, and many are raised in blended families. And, if their parents are heterosexuals, they can still marry, so I think your talking points don't have a basis in reality.
4. If you disagree, please point to any state or federal regulation that demands all children be raised by a biological Mother and Father, and that a couple can only marry all of their children are biologically related to both of them.
1. Government supports traditional marriage because there is a strong likelyhood that we will creat the workforce, soldiers and taxpayers of the future. Gay couples offer no hope of that.
2. Yes, dear, and not one child was born to a gay couple.
3. Say what?
4. Do you all take stupid pills? "and that a couple can only marry all of their children are biologically related to both of them." Again, say what?

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#2311 Sep 17, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
You get dumber with each breath you take. I bet you drool.
It's nice to see you get cornered, having no other response because you know my posts are based on facts.

Montreal

#2312 Sep 17, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Government supports traditional marriage because there is a strong likelyhood that we will creat the workforce, soldiers and taxpayers of the future. Gay couples offer no hope of that.
2. Yes, dear, and not one child was born to a gay couple.
3. Say what?
4. Do you all take stupid pills? "and that a couple can only marry all of their children are biologically related to both of them." Again, say what?
Are you taking stupid pills? I think it's obvious that Quest meant to say:

"If you disagree, please point to any state or federal regulation that demands all children be raised by a biological Mother and Father, and that a couple can only marry IF all of their children are biologically related to both of them."

People make typos, deal with it.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2313 Sep 17, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
now that's just nasty. his mother thought, all this time, that he just had really sweaty feet... gooier than most, but that's okay.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2314 Sep 17, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. The possibility of having children. There is no such possibility with gay couples.
2. A mother and a father. There is no such possibility with gay couples.
Not all heteros have the possibilty of having children, including any woman past menopause.

So society gets no benefit from providing the legal protections of marriage to children raised by same-sex couples?

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2315 Sep 17, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I did, apparently you didn't understand my answer. No surpise there. The government doesn't benefit by allowing gay marriage. Gays with children get the same dependent benefits as anyone else with children.
Actually govt & society DOES benefit. Just one example is the non-biological parent is able to put the child on his/her insurance coverage, which saves on healthcare costs as well as keeping the kid healthy. And in many states a same-sex couple isn't allowed to jointly adopt, so even in cases of adoption only one parent is the legal parent. The govt & society benefits when BOTH parents have legal rights & obligations to the child they are raising.

That's why we encourage single hetero mothers to marry the father of the child, because govt & society benefits when BOTH are legally responsible.
Jane Dough

Barre, VT

#2316 Sep 17, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Not all heteros have the possibilty of having children, including any woman past menopause.
So society gets no benefit from providing the legal protections of marriage to children raised by same-sex couples?
not all LGBT members are Gay...
every rule has exceptions...
why do you think they negate the rules?

gravity makes thing sink to the ground, except when they float and are on water...
must be no gravity?

murder by self defense is okay, so no reason to have laws against murder right?

Montreal

#2317 Sep 17, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not all LGBT members are gay, that's evident. When did WeTheSheeple talk about LGBT in that quote anyway?
Jane Dough wrote:
gravity makes thing sink to the ground, except when they float and are on water...
must be no gravity?
First of all, you obviously do not know what you are talking about. Gravity keeps the object on water from floating up into the air. You don't even know what gravity is, you shouldn't be trying to use that as an argument.
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not all LGBT members are gay, that's evident. When did WeTheSheeple talk about LGBT in that quote anyway?
Jane Dough wrote:
Letting gay people marry is not harmful, murder is obviously harmful.
What are you on? Whatever it is, I'd recommend you stay away from it.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2318 Sep 17, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
must be no gravity?
That first sentence is absurd on the face of it.

Anomalies mean that an hypothesis is incorrect and needs to be redrawn. The same applies to "rules".

False analogies don't make your point.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2319 Sep 17, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't because they have a mental disorder and how do we tell which can and can't have children? We know that you and your partner can't.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2320 Sep 17, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually govt & society DOES benefit. Just one example is the non-biological parent is able to put the child on his/her insurance coverage, which saves on healthcare costs as well as keeping the kid healthy.
There is no benefit. You can insure your dependant child with a family policy now.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2321 Sep 17, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
That's why we encourage single hetero mothers to marry the father of the child, because govt & society benefits when BOTH are legally responsible.
Both are legally responsible whether they marry or not.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2322 Sep 17, 2012
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
First of all, you obviously do not know what you are talking about. Gravity keeps the object on water from floating up into the air. You don't even know what gravity is, you shouldn't be trying to use that as an argument.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Letting gay people marry is not harmful, murder is obviously harmful.
What are you on? Whatever it is, I'd recommend you stay away from it.
Won't anyone in Canada talk to you?

Montreal

#2323 Sep 17, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
It isn't because they have a mental disorder and how do we tell which can and can't have children? We know that you and your partner can't.
Gay people don't have a mental disorder, you are deluded into thinking that your personal opinions are reality.
Every single trusted professional medical, scientific and psychiatric expert says that being gay does not translate to having a mental disorder.
You seem to be the one with the mental disorder, deluding yourself into thinking you have power over what is right and what is wrong.
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Won't anyone in Canada talk to you?
And of course, I'm right again. The insults are essentially a "Yes, you are right." The insults only ever come when he knows he has nothing to retort with.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2324 Sep 17, 2012
Lacez wrote:
Every single trusted professional medical, scientific and psychiatric expert says that being gay does not translate to having a mental disorder.
Show me. Provide links to back up your nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 1 hr President Don J T... 25,308
News Suspended Alabama Chief Justice Moore running f... 2 hr Shirvell s Shrivel 6
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr TomInElPaso 48,096
News Gay pastor fights censure by United Methodist C... 5 hr Rose_NoHo 170
News 'Yep, I'm Gay': Happy 20th out anniversary, Ell... 5 hr Yep 14
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 6 hr Rose_NoHo 5,604
News A look at the judges who will rule on Trump's t... 6 hr Dallas 88
More from around the web