Obama Announces Support For Eliminating BSA Ban On LGBT Participation

Aug 9, 2012 Full story: lezgetreal.com 2,410

Both President Barack Obama and former Governor Mitt Romney support the removal of the Boy Scouts of America's policy regarding banning LGBT scout and scout leaders.

Full Story

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#2140 Sep 13, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
No ballot vote supports your claim. Yes, you may have sympathizers but it isn't because they think homosexuality is normal. Look at the polls. The questions aren't about homosexuality, they are about equal rights and they are skewed in favor of homosexuals. In other words, they're rigged. Take a poll that askes two simple questions:
1. Do you think it's normal for a man to be sexually attracted to a man?
2. Do you think it's normal for a woman to be sexually attracted to a woman?
You won't like the results.
As long as they support equal rights, I couldn't care less what else they think.

My personal experience with others tells me all I need to know.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2141 Sep 13, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
nope. People are just now beginning to understand that even if we concede marriage to you, you will NEVER SHUT UP...
it will always be something else...
Now you're finally getting it.

We WON'T shut up; EVER. Even after we achieve equality under the law, we will be ever vigilant against your fellow bigots who will attempt to discriminate against us no matter what the laws are.

Just as blacks & jews & hispanics & even women must be ever vigilant to fight discrimination against them.

As long as there are bigots like you in the world, we must ALL be on guard.

Tawas City, Michigan

#2142 Sep 13, 2012
Jane Dough wrote:
<quoted text>
funny how you deny to me where I was..
whats the point? i know I was there...
I'm not going to be like "oh I guess I didn't go"...
did I go with a hidden agenda that all bullying should be addressed in schools and not just sexual orientation?
maybe...
they weren't having it...
see how reality doesn't mesh with your stories about how all gays are inviting?
what say you about the gay softball league banning straights?
it doesn't fit within your handy dandy narrative so you ignore it..
there's a name for that ya know...
Forgive me if I'm not just going to accept your word for it.
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#2143 Sep 13, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're finally getting it.
We WON'T shut up; EVER.
I know, I told you that..
we are starting to realize...
so no point in conceding anything since you guys will always whine...

and your comment about your own discrimination via a gays only softball league?
Jane Dough

Montpelier, VT

#2144 Sep 13, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
then you can imagine how I feel that you are insisting i didn't go..
since I was there, I am not really buying it...

I just love how you would rather argue with me about whether it happened than change your cute narrative...
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2145 Sep 13, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
That will be up to the courts to determine as well.
No it won't. The only way that could possibly happen is if the courts made ALL private clubs illegal. Stuff like that only happens in your mind.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2146 Sep 13, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
1. As long as they support equal rights, I couldn't care less what else they think.
2. My personal experience with others tells me all I need to know.
1. I'll take that as a, yes Wondering, you are absolutely right.
2. You need to get out more. No straight person thinks homosexuality is normal.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2147 Sep 13, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares. I've never seen anyone deeper in denial than you are. Hey, as long as you're happy.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

#2149 Sep 13, 2012
Wondering wrote:
The BSA reasoning IS well justified. They feel the same sex attraction makes homosexuals unsuitable to be with other boys in the same way that they feel it would be unsuitable for girls to be integrated with boys. You think that isn't a good reason, you are entitled to your opinion.
"Opinion" doesn't cover baseless slander. While you (or the BSA) is busy "protecting" children from homosexuals, you are WILLINGLY BLINDING yourselves to the real danger.

When we see male-on-male child molestation, who is doing it? ALWAYS it's sad, confused, CLOSETED men, with wives and families. It's never open, out, proud gay men, who are comfortable with who they are and settled in their sexual development.

It's always the men who were, no doubt, kept in complete darkness about their sexuality, and discouraged from even CONSIDERING homosexuality as a viable path. It's men who were twisted and confused by people who think that homosexuality is "evil".

There are opportunities every day for producting BETTER adults, especially gay adults who are well-adjusted, mentally well-balanced, but it would involve telling gay teenagers that it's ok to be gay. It means educating them (and those around them) that this variance DOES EXIST in humanity, and that they are not "perverts" if they explore and develop it.

But what is it that people like you want? LESS education, more DARKNESS for these individuals. Shame and silence and hiding. So, we wind up with men like Jerry Sandusky, too twisted and confused to channel their sexuality properly.

The BSA ban only keeps out the healthy, mature gay people, who would never commit these atrocities. It lets in the lurkers, the hiders, those who have learned camouflage from a lifetime of repression. Those who look like everyone else, because that's the expectation they learned to meet, but who inside are unsatisfied predators looking for easy marks.

So, good job with your misplaced slander. Constant attempts to paint gay people as pedophiles has labeled innocent people as criminals, while allowing the pedophiles to sail through, wearing the disguises that you've approved.
Dont BS Me

El Segundo, CA

#2151 Sep 13, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. A gay boy joins the BSA without any such thoughts. Not so in "Jane Dough"s scenario.
Of course. Invasion is not the gay boys motivation, but it is your motivation. The kid is just your stooge (Trojan Horse).
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2152 Sep 13, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
1. There are opportunities every day for producting BETTER adults, especially gay adults who are well-adjusted, mentally well-balanced, but it would involve telling gay teenagers that it's ok to be gay. It means educating them (and those around them) that this variance DOES EXIST in humanity, and that they are not "perverts" if they explore and develop it.
2. But what is it that people like you want? LESS education, more DARKNESS for these individuals. Shame and silence and hiding. So, we wind up with men like Jerry Sandusky, too twisted and confused to channel their sexuality properly.
1. Your 'variance' is why they don't want you. For any straight person, a person that is sexually attracted to a person of the same sex is indeed perverted. Look the word up.
2. Why is it that you insist people know nothing about homosexuals? It's not like homosexuality is new. What you call "education" I call brainwashing and you want it to start in kindergarten.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2153 Sep 13, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
So, good job with your misplaced slander. Constant attempts to paint gay people as pedophiles has labeled innocent people as criminals, while allowing the pedophiles to sail through, wearing the disguises that you've approved.
No one said anything about pedophiles except you. What slander? You better look that up too. Homosexuals and straights have profound differences, the BSA doesn't agree with homosexuality and doesn't think it's right for their membership. START YOUR OWN CLUB!
Brad

Manchester, CT

#2154 Sep 13, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Your 'variance' is why they don't want you. For any straight person, a person that is sexually attracted to a person of the same sex is indeed perverted. Look the word up.
2. Why is it that you insist people know nothing about homosexuals? It's not like homosexuality is new. What you call "education" I call brainwashing and you want it to start in kindergarten.
Theres no reason any person would want to be any part of an organization that doesn't welcome them other than for the purpose of indoctrination.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#2155 Sep 13, 2012
Wondering wrote:
It's clear that education was never something that you respected, and that you've accepted slander as an alternative. We insist that you know nothing about homosexuals because you consistently DEMONSTRATE as much. The dictionary doesn't rule our lives. Instead of listening exclusively to right-wing propaganda, why don't you make a tiny effort and go out and MEET some real gay people? The cartoon stereotypes that you rely on are failing you.
Wondering wrote:
No one said anything about pedophiles except you.
The implication that gay people need to be kept away from children is a BLATANT accusation of pedophilia. Don't be disingenuous.
Wondering wrote:
What slander? You better look that up too. Homosexuals and straights have profound differences, the BSA doesn't agree with homosexuality and doesn't think it's right for their membership. START YOUR OWN CLUB!
Oh, the BSA doesn't agree with freedom? You either? Good to know.

But, it's always been clear that people like you only approve of other people's freedom, when they USE it in a way that you approve of. The slander comes when you feel free to call us "perverted" or "evil", simply for not being just like you.

The problem is, as I've explained, there ARE people WITHIN the BSA, straight allies who are working WITH us to change it from the inside. I hope that you are spending equal time condemning THEM for not starting "their own" club.

But you enjoy those pedophiles who have already infiltrated your ranks. You won't ever recognize them, until it's too late, because you're too busy on a witch hunt for the WRONG PEOPLE. When you grow up, you can join the adults in the conversation to make the world a better and safer place for everyone, rather than for JUST your isolated "in-group".
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2156 Sep 13, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
It's clear that education was never something that you respected, and that you've accepted slander as an alternative. We insist that you know nothing about homosexuals because you consistently DEMONSTRATE as much. The dictionary doesn't rule our lives. Instead of listening exclusively to right-wing propaganda, why don't you make a tiny effort and go out and MEET some real gay people? The cartoon stereotypes that you rely on are failing you.
<quoted text>
The implication that gay people need to be kept away from children is a BLATANT accusation of pedophilia. Don't be disingenuous.
<quoted text>
Oh, the BSA doesn't agree with freedom? You either? Good to know.
But, it's always been clear that people like you only approve of other people's freedom, when they USE it in a way that you approve of. The slander comes when you feel free to call us "perverted" or "evil", simply for not being just like you.
The problem is, as I've explained, there ARE people WITHIN the BSA, straight allies who are working WITH us to change it from the inside. I hope that you are spending equal time condemning THEM for not starting "their own" club.
But you enjoy those pedophiles who have already infiltrated your ranks. You won't ever recognize them, until it's too late, because you're too busy on a witch hunt for the WRONG PEOPLE. When you grow up, you can join the adults in the conversation to make the world a better and safer place for everyone, rather than for JUST your isolated "in-group".
You are an idiot and people like you are why the BSA doesn't want gays. I am attracted to members of the opposite sex, that is perverted TO YOU. It wouldn't surprise me if you were working to change the BSA from the inside, it worked at the APA, it won't work at the BSA. Besides being attracted to members of the same sex, you are stupid and obnoxious.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2157 Sep 13, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
Instead of listening exclusively to right-wing propaganda, why don't you make a tiny effort and go out and MEET some real gay people?
Like you and Sheeple? No thanks. You aren't welcome as a BSA member so you stamp your feet and get spitting mad instead of starting your own club. You have demonstrated that you are a loser and a whiner.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2158 Sep 13, 2012
Brad wrote:
<quoted text>
Theres no reason any person would want to be any part of an organization that doesn't welcome them other than for the purpose of indoctrination.
I agree, the other reason is that, like a child, they are obsessed with something they can't have.

“Unconvinced”

Seattle, WA

#2159 Sep 13, 2012
Wondering wrote:
You are an idiot and people like you are why the BSA doesn't want gays. I am attracted to members of the opposite sex, that is perverted TO YOU.
WHAT????

Is that what you REALLY BELIEVE?

Holy cow, man. WHO'S the idiot here? Gay people do NOT think that heterosexuality is perverted. We actually recognize that this is the mainstream orientation, but also that other orientations exist. We can make room for EVERYONE in this world. We don't go labelling ANYONE who is different from us as "perverted", the way you do.
Wondering wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if you were working to change the BSA from the inside, it worked at the APA, it won't work at the BSA.
Yes, yes, conspiracies everywhere. Never mind, I'll go find some grown-ups to talk to.
Wondering wrote:
Besides being attracted to members of the same sex, you are stupid and obnoxious.
Thanks for the homophobia lesson.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#2160 Sep 13, 2012
Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The other poster said it didn't happen unless that liar's daughter was a mouse.
From your link:
"She told the BBC that her team had been able to successfully fertilise mice eggs in lab cultures using other cells in the body known as somatic cells."
Have fun looking up these words:
potentially
maybe
problematical
theoretically
Everyone knows you are dumber than dirt, you should stop proving it. You link says what you've already been told and you still don't understand it.
The most important part of your story:
"The proliferation of novel ways to produce embryos is increasingly reducing the human being to a commodity in many people's eyes.
"We believe the interests of the child come before the wishes of anyone else, including the parents. We shall be calling for a moratorium on this kind of development."
Fine, I admit I made a mistake, I misread.
Wondering

Tyngsboro, MA

#2161 Sep 13, 2012
EdmondWA wrote:
<quoted text>
1. WHAT????
Is that what you REALLY BELIEVE?
Holy cow, man. WHO'S the idiot here? Gay people do NOT think that heterosexuality is perverted. We actually recognize that this is the mainstream orientation, but also that other orientations exist.
2. We can make room for EVERYONE in this world. We don't go labelling ANYONE who is different from us as "perverted", the way you do.
3. Yes, yes, conspiracies everywhere. Never mind, I'll go find some grown-ups to talk to.
3. Thanks for the homophobia lesson.
1. I believe it because gays have said it too many times to count.
2. Start by forming your own boy scouts.
3. I'll take that as, Wondering, you are absolutely right.
4. Your problem is you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 min Brian_G 16,216
Alabama Supreme Court halts same-sex marriage 4 min Yakitori 47
Latest gay marriage ruling creates confusion in... 6 min Wondering 72
Why I'll be voting 'No' to same-sex marriage, e... 8 min Brian_G 1,202
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 13 min Trevers94 68,618
Religious objection to gay marriage leads to bi... 24 min Wondering 97
Science to Carson: You're wrong 1 hr david traversa 8
Wall Street pushes SCOTUS on gay marriage 4 hr david 66
Biggest Gay Lies (May '14) 5 hr Confusious 3,249
More from around the web