Murder-suicide suspected in 4 Califor...

Murder-suicide suspected in 4 California deaths

There are 7 comments on the KAUZ story from Dec 31, 2013, titled Murder-suicide suspected in 4 California deaths. In it, KAUZ reports that:

Utah took its fight against gay marriage to the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday, asking the high court to suspend same-sex unions that became legal when a judge struck down the state's voter-approved ban.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KAUZ.

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

#1 Dec 31, 2013
Apparently, Justice Sotomeyer is not ruining her New Years plans over this emergency. I expect she'll give the appellees a day or two to respond to the filing. So the earliest we'll hear from her is Monday, at which time she may merely refer the request to the full court.

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#2 Dec 31, 2013
It seems that the State of Utah DOESN'T get it.....the marriages that are legal now WILL remain legal, valid and RECOGNIZED regardless of what they want to have happened.........just like the legal marriages that took place BEFORE the passage of Prop 8 remained LEGAL, VALID AND RECOGNIZED!!!

It is positively sickening that the State of Utah is trying to use the harm THEY are causing the legally married Same-Sex Couples as a justification for their need for a stay!!!
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Dec 31, 2013
Did the murder suicide involve Brian or Maggie?

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

#4 Jan 1, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
Did the murder suicide involve Brian or Maggie?
Unfortunately not, but I admire your ending the year with such optimism.

#5 Jan 1, 2014
Here's the thing folks......whether we post in these forums and threads or not, whether we engage the anti-gay folks or not.......Marriage Equality WILL be coming to a State near them whether they like it or not.........no amount of money, lies, hostilities or praying to some Omnipresence will prevent Gay and Lesbian couples from seeking their right to marry the person of their choosing and succeeding!!!

I found topix by accident 6 weeks before my own wedding date and I figured it was my way of helping the fight, but in reality the FIGHT has continued regardless of what I have to say about it and this NEW YEAR will see a few more States joining the 18 States who already grant the right to marry and who treat their Gay and Lesbian members just like they treat ANY other American Citizen, and that is as it should be.

Please try NOT to engage those who have proven repeatedly that our words fall on their deaf ears.......because at the end of the day, what will be will be!!!

Happy New Year and remember that we all have helped make Marriage Equality a real reality:-)
Christsharia Law

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Jan 1, 2014
NorCal Native wrote:
Here's the thing folks......whether we post in these forums and threads or not, whether we engage the anti-gay folks or not.......Marriage Equality WILL be coming to a State near them whether they like it or not.........no amount of money, lies, hostilities or praying to some Omnipresence will prevent Gay and Lesbian couples from seeking their right to marry the person of their choosing and succeeding!!!
I found topix by accident 6 weeks before my own wedding date and I figured it was my way of helping the fight, but in reality the FIGHT has continued regardless of what I have to say about it and this NEW YEAR will see a few more States joining the 18 States who already grant the right to marry and who treat their Gay and Lesbian members just like they treat ANY other American Citizen, and that is as it should be.
Please try NOT to engage those who have proven repeatedly that our words fall on their deaf ears.......because at the end of the day, what will be will be!!!
Happy New Year and remember that we all have helped make Marriage Equality a real reality:-)
I like poking the fatwa issuers fer jeesus...online.

#8 Jan 1, 2014
Christsharia Law wrote:
<quoted text>
I like poking the fatwa issuers fer jeesus...online.
Then please enjoy poking them......some obviously need it:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lyft driver in Indianapolis orders gay couple o... 8 min Frankie Rizzo 51
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 9 min Rose_NoHo 61,750
News Ex-Kentucky judge reprimanded for stance on gay... 45 min Lady luck 3
Give Thanks To Our Leader President Donald Trump 51 min Tre H 2
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' 2 hr RalphB 7
News The Latest: Gay man loses bid to challenge Ky. ... 4 hr Rainbow Kid 12
News Philadelphia's unnecessary war on Catholics 4 hr Magic Utah Uwear 5
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 7 hr NE Jade 28,167