Anti-Gay Texas Lawmaker Resigns, Seek...

Anti-Gay Texas Lawmaker Resigns, Seeks Higher Office

There are 4 comments on the EDGE story from Oct 8, 2013, titled Anti-Gay Texas Lawmaker Resigns, Seeks Higher Office. In it, EDGE reports that:

After making national waves in August for making anti-gay comments, San Antonio, Texas, Councilwoman Elisa Chan submitted a letter of resignation on Monday, announcing she will leave her position in two weeks in order to pursue a higher office, My San Antonio reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Oct 9, 2013
Screw up royally and get a promotion ... an old Republican tradition.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#3 Oct 9, 2013
The Peter Principle in action. Obviously, she has not reached the pinnacle of her incompetence so far. What a scary thought when the object of the discussion is a "public servant".

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#4 Oct 9, 2013
Moving to a 'higher' office...Office of Stupidty?
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

#6 Oct 9, 2013
This bigot did the right thing by resigning. And I hope the voters never elect her to a public office again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 min Frankie Rizzo 14,737
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 5 min Big Foxy Fan 130
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 22 min lides 38,469
Is Fa-Foxy a Catholic? 26 min Big Foxy Fan 425
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 59 min Delicious 179
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 2 hr June VanDerMark 10,956
News NBA Moves All-Star Game Out of North Carolina O... 3 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 48
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 6 hr Dandy Boi 68,795
More from around the web