Rethinking the Bible on homosexuality

Rethinking the Bible on homosexuality

There are 22384 comments on the religion.blogs.cnn.com story from Feb 10, 2011, titled Rethinking the Bible on homosexuality. In it, religion.blogs.cnn.com reports that:

We often hears that Christians have no choice but to regard homosexuality as a sin - that Scripture simply demands it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at religion.blogs.cnn.com.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#23170 Oct 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>God leaves no room for speculation on homosexual behavior.
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
As a CHRISTIAN I'll listen to what you have to say when you start quoting JESUS CHRIST, not Saul of Tarsus.
Caleb

Pekin, IL

#23171 Oct 18, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>As a CHRISTIAN I'll listen to what you have to say when you start quoting JESUS CHRIST, not Saul of Tarsus.
No Christian reject a majority of the New Testament.

Get thee hence.

The Bible repeatedly condemns the perversion you worship.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#23172 Oct 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>No Christian reject a majority of the New Testament.
Get thee hence.
Hey!!!!...... Take notice!

The guy quoted Jesus, thees and thous and all! The only thing he forgot was the quotation marks.

So, I guess that was just a case of plagiarism.
Matthew 4:10

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#23173 Oct 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
Get thee hence.
No PAULISTS are the ones who embrace the New Testament, not Christians.

There's a difference.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#23174 Oct 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
Get thee hence.
Now you're calling worshiping God a perversion.

Shame on you David.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#23175 Oct 18, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>
Get thee hence.
JULIET
Go, get thee hence, for I will not away.—

No kidding....

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#23176 Oct 18, 2012
Caleb is a figment of David Moore's twisted imagination.
Caleb

Pekin, IL

#23177 Oct 19, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>No PAULISTS are the ones who embrace the New Testament, not Christians.
There's a difference.
No major incarnation of Christianity rejects a majority of the New Testament as you do, non-Christian.

You worship homosexual perversion, not God.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#23178 Oct 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>No major incarnation of Christianity rejects a majority of the New Testament as you do, non-Christian.
Nope. But you sure spend a lot of time worshiping homosexual perversion. That seems to be your entire focus in life.

Sorry but Jesus never taught anything of that nature.

But keep worshiping Paul as your Lord and Savior.

No skin off my nose.

Location hidden

#23179 Oct 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>No major incarnation of Christianity rejects a majority of the New Testament as you do, non-Christian.
Your worship a worthless Book, not God.

STFU David you troll.
Ramona

Santa Cruz, CA

#23180 Oct 19, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>The ridiculous lies about the Bible that you have plagiarized from bigot radical homosexual hate sites have been refuted many times, Spammer.
If you really are as ignorant of the Bible as your plagiarized post implies, Google Leviticus and see what it is really about. Read Paul's Epistles. No ancient Bible text, Bible translation, or Judeo-Christian tradition support the lies you plagiarized.
The Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms.
The Bible doesn't count.

Location hidden

#23181 Oct 20, 2012
Ramona wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible doesn't count.
Ramona, I heartily disagree.

The Bible, through the interpretation of its contents and the subsequent arbitrary assignment of moral authority to it by many of those who call themselves "Christian," is a central pillar to the preservation of hypocrisy and bigotry within the institutional Christian denominations. Its use in this manner helps to propagate wrongful and judgmental bigotry.

As the thread topic relates, the traditional, institutional and Biblically derived moral views toward homosexuality are necessarily being questioned and reassessed.

The Bible is important to the moral code of society, precisely because it is a history of the progressive development of the tribal roots of morality within our society.

It cannot be dismissed as irrelevant.

But, it can be understood properly and properly held against those who habitually desecrate its message of recognition, respect and integrity in the context of Love for God and fellow humankind.

This is the Teaching of Christ Jesus.

Rev. Ken

Location hidden

#23182 Oct 20, 2012
RevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
Ramona, I heartily disagree.
The Bible, through the interpretation of its contents and the subsequent arbitrary assignment of moral authority to it by many of those who call themselves "Christian," is a central pillar to the preservation of hypocrisy and bigotry within the institutional Christian denominations. Its use in this manner helps to propagate wrongful and judgmental bigotry.
As the thread topic relates, the traditional, institutional and Biblically derived moral views toward homosexuality are necessarily being questioned and reassessed.
The Bible is important to the moral code of society, precisely because it is a history of the progressive development of the tribal roots of morality within our society.
It cannot be dismissed as irrelevant.
But, it can be understood properly and properly held against those who habitually desecrate its message of recognition, respect and integrity in the context of Love for God and fellow humankind.
This is the Teaching of Christ Jesus.
Rev. Ken
I agree with your well said reply to Ramona. Jesus taught about those who would set themselves up as pillars of the community and examples of morality. He even said that he was not righteous. People like David are examples of what Jesus preached against.
Caleb

Pekin, IL

#23183 Oct 20, 2012
Ramona wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible doesn't count.
Then why are you here?

You obviously recognize that the Bible repeatedly commands against all homosexual behavior.
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."

Location hidden

#23184 Oct 20, 2012
Caleb doesn't exist David Moore.
Caleb

Pekin, IL

#23185 Oct 20, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
Caleb doesn't exist David Moore.
Do you really think your lies about my identity make God's condemnation of your homosexual lifestyle go away????
Alena

Plano, TX

#23186 Oct 20, 2012
Let the Bible speak for itself. It claims in John 1:1 to be the same as God himself. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word WAS GOD."

Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.

Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

You can label me homophobic but I love every homosexual, transgender person and have known many and shown them nothing but love. I also didn't write the Bible.

Location hidden

#23187 Oct 20, 2012
Alena wrote:
Let the Bible speak for itself. It claims in John 1:1 to be the same as God himself. "In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word WAS GOD."
Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."
You can label me homophobic but I love every homosexual, transgender person and have known many and shown them nothing but love. I also didn't write the Bible.
No, Alena.

The Bible does NOT claim to be God.

Location hidden

#23188 Oct 20, 2012
Caleb wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think your lies about my identity make God's condemnation of your homosexual lifestyle go away????
Caleb doesn't exist. Here you are David Moore.

http://www.myspace.com/loveoneanother56

Hypocritical much David?

Why don't you practice what you preach you big phony.

Location hidden

#23189 Oct 20, 2012
There is no such thing as a homosexual lifestyle David. STFU stupid ignorant bastard.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 22 min Strel 15,834
News This gay Senate candidate is running in the lan... 36 min Strel 51
News How Donald Trump is slowly teaching Republicans... 38 min Imprtnrd 45
News Navy names ship after gay rights advocate Harve... 50 min Born Liars 174
News WikiLeaks Outs Saudi Gay Man, Rape Victims, and... 1 hr Love 10
News Study: Children Of Same-Sex Parents More Likely... 6 hr superheterodyne 18
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 6 hr lake bay boy 38,754
News Pastors Rarely Asked to Wed Same-Sex Couples 7 hr WasteWater 72
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 21 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,957
More from around the web