Rethinking the Bible on homosexuality

Rethinking the Bible on homosexuality

There are 22383 comments on the religion.blogs.cnn.com story from Feb 10, 2011, titled Rethinking the Bible on homosexuality. In it, religion.blogs.cnn.com reports that:

We often hears that Christians have no choice but to regard homosexuality as a sin - that Scripture simply demands it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at religion.blogs.cnn.com.

heartandmind

Europe

#23057 Sep 27, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think David is mentally ill?
just call him "brook" as in "babbling brook".....

he never stops does he? he'd be amusing if he weren't so long winded, single minded and boring.

makes me think of some poor obessesed person - now we can just hope and pray he doesn't go off the deep end & try to commit some mass murder somewhere.

“Trolls are Clueless”

Since: Dec 07

Aptos, California

#23058 Sep 27, 2012
heartandmind wrote:
<quoted text>
just call him "brook" as in "babbling brook".....
he never stops does he? he'd be amusing if he weren't so long winded, single minded and boring.
makes me think of some poor obessesed person - now we can just hope and pray he doesn't go off the deep end & try to commit some mass murder somewhere.
He hangs on too a few straws like a drowning man to a log. He did try to kill himself by crashing his car into a telephone pole. He isn't too bright. Then he found Jesus. Go figure.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#23059 Sep 27, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
He hangs on too a few straws like a drowning man to a log. He did try to kill himself by crashing his car into a telephone pole. He isn't too bright. Then he found Jesus. Go figure.
Poor David. He picks the most pathetic looking Jesus stereotypes and posts them on his Myspace site. The latest one is really grotesque.

“The Kingdom of God Begins NOW!”

Since: May 07

The Mountain Empire

#23060 Sep 28, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor David. He picks the most pathetic looking Jesus stereotypes and posts them on his Myspace site. The latest one is really grotesque.
No kidding!
iTS greeeeat

Angier, NC

#23061 Sep 28, 2012
LuLu Ford wrote:
<quoted text>
He tried to kill himself because he is a self loathing homosexual and won't admit it. I mean seriously, what else would drive a person to commit suicide other than being brainwashed into believing that homosexuality is a sin worthy of death and being ridiculed for it every day of your life. David did claim to be gay at one point in time an now he says he's an "Ex gay." LMAO What a load of bs. He knows he's still gay. Either that or he never was gay and confused about his orientation from the very beginning. He probably get rejected by some retarded girl who wasn't even worth it from the start, so then he chose to be gay as an atemted to retaliate, then he started believing that he was gay and that's how how came up with him becoming a fake wannabe homosexual. What a shame, but that's the REAL truth. People like him need professional help and stop giving real homosexuals a bad wrap because of dumb asses like himself.
Andrew

Manito, IL

#23062 Sep 28, 2012
iTS greeeeat wrote:
<quoted text> He tried to kill himself because he is a self loathing homosexual and won't admit it. I mean seriously, what else would drive a person to commit suicide other than being brainwashed into believing that homosexuality is a sin worthy of death and being ridiculed for it every day of your life. David did claim to be gay at one point in time an now he says he's an "Ex gay." LMAO What a load of bs. He knows he's still gay. Either that or he never was gay and confused about his orientation from the very beginning. He probably get rejected by some retarded girl who wasn't even worth it from the start, so then he chose to be gay as an atemted to retaliate, then he started believing that he was gay and that's how how came up with him becoming a fake wannabe homosexual. What a shame, but that's the REAL truth. People like him need professional help and stop giving real homosexuals a bad wrap because of dumb asses like himself.
Do you really think trading malicious fiction with a cross dresser is going to save you on the last day?

Your lies just make you and your horrible hate based radical homosexual movement look pathetic.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#23063 Sep 28, 2012
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think trading malicious fiction with a cross dresser is going to save you on the last day?
Your lies just make you and your horrible hate based radical homosexual movement look pathetic.
LOL!!!!.....

Dear Lacon-Manito Manurehead Andrew,

If the post you have answered above is as you say, full of lies, then you must know the facts. That is, in order to dispute them and to not be a liar yourself, you must be aware of the true history and motivations of this person called David.

Who else could know these things but David (L-MM Andrew) himself?

Rev. Ken

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#23064 Sep 28, 2012
iTS greeeeat wrote:
<quoted text> He tried to kill himself because he is a self loathing homosexual and won't admit it. I mean seriously, what else would drive a person to commit suicide other than being brainwashed into believing that homosexuality is a sin worthy of death and being ridiculed for it every day of your life. David did claim to be gay at one point in time an now he says he's an "Ex gay." LMAO What a load of bs. He knows he's still gay. Either that or he never was gay and confused about his orientation from the very beginning. He probably get rejected by some retarded girl who wasn't even worth it from the start, so then he chose to be gay as an atemted to retaliate, then he started believing that he was gay and that's how how came up with him becoming a fake wannabe homosexual. What a shame, but that's the REAL truth. People like him need professional help and stop giving real homosexuals a bad wrap because of dumb asses like himself.
No doubt. Denial is deadly.
Andrew

Manito, IL

#23066 Sep 28, 2012
TheVeryUnRevKen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!!.....
Dear Lacon-Manito Manurehead Andrew,
If the post you have answered above is as you say, full of lies, then you must know the facts. That is, in order to dispute them and to not be a liar yourself, you must be aware of the true history and motivations of this person called David.
Who else could know these things but David (L-MM Andrew) himself?
The Very Un-Rev. Ken
I doubt that anyone posting here has even met David, nor is there any evidence that he has ever posted here. Earlier, I provided a link to pubic records in his county indeed proving all of you mindless radical homosexual fanatics to be lying. You, OTOH, have provided no logical evidence for your ludicrous claims. You are liars.

Now, are you truly irrational enough to think that your malicious fiction in any way disputes the IRREFUTABLE fact that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments?
David The Fucktardo

Santa Cruz, CA

#23067 Sep 28, 2012
The only irrefutable fact is that David is a douche-bag troll.
iTS greeeeat

Angier, NC

#23068 Sep 29, 2012
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt that anyone posting here has even met David, nor is there any evidence that he has ever posted here. Earlier, I provided a link to pubic records in his county indeed proving all of you mindless radical homosexual fanatics to be lying. You, OTOH, have provided no logical evidence for your ludicrous claims. You are liars.
Now, are you truly irrational enough to think that your malicious fiction in any way disputes the IRREFUTABLE fact that the Bible repeatedly condemns all homosexual behavior in the plainest of terms and in both Testaments?
You know what... Just STFU. You have lost all your privileges as of now. Your a pathetic liar and you need to get a life instead of self loathing all the time. First of all David, there is such a person that lives in Illinois because we already found your profile on the internet as well as your myspace page so your not fooling anyone. Second, I don't make up lies the way you do about homosexuals, and the truth is that yes indeed you are supposedly an "ex gay" because YOU said so yourself in another thread a LOOOOOOONG time ago, yes you did you troll from Pekin, Illinois. When are you ever going to give up on your lies and self loathing? Don't you think it's about time for you to come out the closet again with the truth this time and give your self the recognition and self respect that you deserve? Your a faggot okay boy and there aint nothing you can do about it. I suggest you get your head on straight before you decide to commit suicide again, you crazy ole white boy. LOLOLOL And don't forget to go to the doc too so they can start you on antidepressants and self loathing therapy. You see... you think your a good liar but your not, that's why absolutely NO ONE believes you. And you know what else? I am almost positive that you have a bf on the DL right now as we speak and you go to the glory hole everyday to make up for the time lost when your not around him since you live such a reclusive life. Get out from under that rock already and start showing yourself the love, compassion, and respect that you deserve. And believe me, God will still love you even after you go to that confession both to tell the preist that you have had penile-anal sex with your boyfriend behind the meat counter at your local Piggly Wiggly grocery store, Get over yourself, your self conceited chicken sheeeeit! Mu hahahah ahaha aha lololol olololol ololololo lolol LoseresoLoseresoLoseresoLosere soL

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#23069 Sep 29, 2012
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>I doubt that anyone posting here has even met David, nor is there any evidence that he has ever posted here. Earlier, I provided a link to pubic records in his county indeed proving all of you mindless radical homosexual fanatics to be lying. You, OTOH, have provided no logical evidence for your ludicrous claims. You are liars.
"...pubic records..."

Never seen those before. But, I can understand that you are obsessed with them.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#23070 Sep 29, 2012
iTS greeeeat wrote:
FYI: I voted big red heart and life preserver for this post. and flames

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#23071 Sep 29, 2012
Andrew wrote:
<quoted text>Do you really think trading malicious fiction with a cross dresser is going to save you on the last day?
Before you freak out about a Christian quoting Buddhism remember how many times you quote Judaic text.

God works in mysterious ways. Sometimes echoes of His peace and Serenity come through things besides the Bible.

Course they eventually burned the Cathars and the Knights Templar for saying something similar.

So....

From His Holiness The Dalai Lama:

The happiness we seek, a genuine lasting peace and happiness, can be attained only through the purification of our minds. This is possible if we cut the root cause of all suffering and misery, our fundamental ignorance.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama, The World of Tibetan Buddhism

Internal peace is an essential first step to achieving peace in the world. How do you cultivate it? It's very simple. In the first place by realizing clearly that all mankind is one, that human beings in every country are members of one and the same family.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Whether you believe in God or not does not matter so much, whether you believe in Buddha or not does not matter so much. You must lead a good life.

Without love we could not survive. Human beings are social creatures, and a concern for each other is the very basis of our life together.

The creatures that inhabit this earth--be they human beings or animals--are here to contribute, each in its own particular way, to the beauty and prosperity of the world.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#23072 Sep 29, 2012
Andrew wrote:
Fa la la la la, la la la la-

You still have not been able to explain how you can post court records for someone that proves they are NOT David Moore yet you say David Moore never existed. Seems o me if there was a court inquiry where that name came up then this "David Moore" obviously exists. Maybe he's deep under cover.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#23073 Sep 29, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Before you freak out about a Christian quoting Buddhism remember how many times you quote Judaic text.
God works in mysterious ways. Sometimes echoes of His peace and Serenity come through things besides the Bible.
Course they eventually burned the Cathars and the Knights Templar for saying something similar.
So....
From His Holiness The Dalai Lama:
The happiness we seek, a genuine lasting peace and happiness, can be attained only through the purification of our minds. This is possible if we cut the root cause of all suffering and misery, our fundamental ignorance.
- His Holiness the Dalai Lama, The World of Tibetan Buddhism
Internal peace is an essential first step to achieving peace in the world. How do you cultivate it? It's very simple. In the first place by realizing clearly that all mankind is one, that human beings in every country are members of one and the same family.
Whether you believe in God or not does not matter so much, whether you believe in Buddha or not does not matter so much. You must lead a good life.
Without love we could not survive. Human beings are social creatures, and a concern for each other is the very basis of our life together.
The creatures that inhabit this earth--be they human beings or animals--are here to contribute, each in its own particular way, to the beauty and prosperity of the world.
To all who read this.

Namaste.

That which is divine in me sees that which is in you as well.
Blayse

Manito, IL

#23074 Sep 30, 2012
DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Fa la la la la, la la la la-
You still have not been able to explain how you can post court records for someone that proves they are NOT David Moore yet you say David Moore never existed. Seems o me if there was a court inquiry where that name came up then this "David Moore" obviously exists. Maybe he's deep under cover.
Your horrible lies won't save you on the last day.

God repeatedly commands against all homosexual behavior:

Below are some Bible verses that condemn homosexuality:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
iTS greeeeat

Angier, NC

#23075 Sep 30, 2012
Blayse wrote:
<quoted text>Your horrible lies won't save you on the last day.
God repeatedly commands against all homosexual behavior:
Below are some Bible verses that condemn homosexuality:
Leviticus 18:22 - You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination.
Leviticus 20:13 - If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their blood guiltiness is upon them.
Romans 1:26-27 - For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error.
I Corinthians 6:9 (NIV)- Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I Timothy 1:8-11 (NASB)- "But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless and rebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted."
Oh PULEASE! These are all MAN MADE LIES written in the Bible by delusional bigots that thought they were talking to God when in reality they were f*cked up on PCP, LSD, and Peyote Cacti. There were plenty of sinners during that time, and some of them added lies to the bible because of there own racist ways and because of there ways, that made them liars and sinners. Get over yourself fool. You have been lies to by your own prejudice fellow man and Illuminati government wanting and trying there hardest to take control, power, and authority over the nation and the people of the land. Stupid boy, you know nothing at all, do you? Obviously not because you have been brainwashed for so long you can't seperate the truths from the lies anymore. I pity you.. what a shame. Look at how easily you get suckered out of the truth by your own people. So sad.
iTS greeeeat

Angier, NC

#23076 Sep 30, 2012
Whatever you say Blayse aka David Moore the Pekin, Ill. troll. Aren't you ashamed of yourself for your sins of hate and bigotry, and lying. Don't you realize that God punishes liars like yourself?! You'd better pray and repent now while you still have the chance! Hurry now! Time is of the essence..
Blayse

Manito, IL

#23077 Sep 30, 2012
iTS greeeeat wrote:
<quoted text>Oh PULEASE! These are all MAN MADE LIES written in the Bible by delusional bigots that thought they were talking to God when in reality they were f*cked up on PCP, LSD, and Peyote Cacti. There were plenty of sinners during that time, and some of them added lies to the bible because of there own racist ways and because of there ways, that made them liars and sinners. Get over yourself fool. You have been lies to by your own prejudice fellow man and Illuminati government wanting and trying there hardest to take control, power, and authority over the nation and the people of the land. Stupid boy, you know nothing at all, do you? Obviously not because you have been brainwashed for so long you can't seperate the truths from the lies anymore. I pity you.. what a shame. Look at how easily you get suckered out of the truth by your own people. So sad.
If you really thought so little of the Bible, you wouldn't obsess on posting hate on Bible threads. Obviously, you are very guilty about choosing to live in open rebellion against God's Laws, shaming yourself, and degrading your family.

Do you think posting ridiculous lies about me are going to save you on the last day?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of people march during rally at Bosto... 6 min Doctor Who 2,239
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 20 min who cares 22,538
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 22 min Frankie Rizzo 42,975
Maybe god is gay! (Dec '09) 22 min June VanDerMark 12,299
News Is Same-Sex Attraction a Sin? 35 min No Teq Cok 8
News Trump's staff picks disappoint, alarm minority ... 39 min WasteWater 270
News Woman Hangs Rainbow Christmas Lights to Protest... 1 hr I Hate Queers 4
More from around the web