Civil Unions Passes In Colorado, Heads To The Governor

There are 197 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Civil Unions Passes In Colorado, Heads To The Governor. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

The Colorado House has passed civil unions with all Democrats and two Republicans voting in favor of the law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#63 Mar 14, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope it gives Francisco... aka JANE, a massive stroke. This country will be a much better place when people like him are dead and gone.
Well at least he/she has dropped the facade of not being anti-gay. He/she now openly admits to not caring about gays & lesbians and revells in the government discriminating against us.

He/she has also fully committed to a prediction of Prop 8 being upheld on the 40 y/o Baker precedent, and DOMA being overturned solely on states rights.

Should be interesting to watch him/her attempt to squirm out of those predictions when they fail to come true. Of course I imagine he/she will just lie and claim not to have made any such predictions.
Xavier Breath

Hoboken, NJ

#64 Mar 15, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Well at least he/she has dropped the facade of not being anti-gay. He/she now openly admits to not caring about gays & lesbians and revells in the government discriminating against us.
He/she has also fully committed to a prediction of Prop 8 being upheld on the 40 y/o Baker precedent, and DOMA being overturned solely on states rights.
Should be interesting to watch him/her attempt to squirm out of those predictions when they fail to come true. Of course I imagine he/she will just lie and claim not to have made any such predictions.
Baker isn't relevant to Prop8, and I don't care what FranceAss says. Isn't it OBVIOUS to you that he's a neurotic mess?
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#66 Mar 21, 2013
Xavier Breath wrote:
<quoted text>
Baker isn't relevant to Prop8, and I don't care what FranceAss says. Isn't it OBVIOUS to you that he's a neurotic mess?
what do you think the silence means, idiot?
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#67 Mar 21, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have not dropped your silly tactic of painting all opposition as bigotry...its really silly, but then thats what you got!

BTW I never said I dont predict the scotus, I said the oral arguments have been screwballs to predict...

And yes, one of us will accept the courts determination,whatever it may be, and that aint you..
you do see how you are a hypocrite on this point, right?

Tawas City, Michigan

#68 Mar 21, 2013
Francisco dAnconia wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you have not dropped your silly tactic of painting all opposition as bigotry...its really silly, but then thats what you got!
BTW I never said I dont predict the scotus, I said the oral arguments have been screwballs to predict...
And yes, one of us will accept the courts determination,whatever it may be, and that aint you..
you do see how you are a hypocrite on this point, right?
Of course I'll accept the SCOTUS rulings no matter what they are; it will be the law. That doesn't mean we can't work to have any ruling we don't like overturned by the next SCOTUS. That's the way our system works.

As long as DOMA & Prop 8 are both overturned (on whatever grounds) I'll be happy with the rulings. I'll worry about the details when I see the rulings.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#69 Mar 21, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I'll accept the SCOTUS rulings no matter what they are; it will be the law. That doesn't mean we can't work to have any ruling we don't like overturned by the next SCOTUS. That's the way our system works.
As long as DOMA & Prop 8 are both overturned (on whatever grounds) I'll be happy with the rulings. I'll worry about the details when I see the rulings.
You might be overly optimistic. They both me be only partially overturned on narrow grounds. I don't think both will be overturned in their entirety, although I certainly theing that they should be, and strictly on federal constituional grounds, not just because I want to see them overturned.
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#70 Mar 21, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
psst, you already admitted you would denounce an unfavorable ruling as ignorant bigotry...

Tawas City, Michigan

#71 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
psst, you already admitted you would denounce an unfavorable ruling as ignorant bigotry...
So?

That doesn't mean I won't accept whatever they rule as valid rulings from the SCOTUS.

I have a right to disagree and speak out when justice Scalia rules based on his own biases against gays & lesbians.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#72 Mar 21, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
That doesn't mean I won't accept whatever they rule as valid rulings from the SCOTUS.
I have a right to disagree and speak out when justice Scalia rules based on his own biases against gays & lesbians.
Let's hope he's not in the majority in both of these case.(You know how I feel about Catholics).
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#73 Mar 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
you would immediately denounce it and work for its overturn.in what way, then, would you "accept" it?

I mean something very specific....as in, if the court affirmed its long history of tying marriage to procreation (just as I have tried to do), would you accept that as fact is such a way that you would reconsider how YOU view marriage ?
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#74 Mar 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

see how you attacked scalia while ignoring the realty that such a decision would garner at least FIVE justices...

I doubt your loyalty to our govt.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#75 Mar 22, 2013
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#76 Mar 22, 2013
snyper wrote:
"It's really meaningful, to have the recognition of your love and relationship just like any other relationship by the state is an important both legal and symbolic thing," said Democratic House Speaker Mark Ferrandino, a sponsor of the bill and the first gay lawmaker to hold the title of speaker in Colorado.

see, CU's are a great balance...
and more supported than gay "marriage"...

Tawas City, Michigan

#77 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
you would immediately denounce it and work for its overturn.in what way, then, would you "accept" it?
I mean something very specific....as in, if the court affirmed its long history of tying marriage to procreation (just as I have tried to do), would you accept that as fact is such a way that you would reconsider how YOU view marriage ?
It means I would accept it as a valid (though incorrect) ruling from the SCOTUS. Just as I accepted the Bowers ruling on sodomy bans as a valid (though incorrect) ruling from the SCOTUS.

No, my view of marriage will not change any more than my view of private consensual sex changed just because 5 out of 9 justices ruled a certain way.

Will YOU change YOUR view of marriage if the court rules the other way? I suspect not.

Tawas City, Michigan

#78 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
see how you attacked scalia while ignoring the realty that such a decision would garner at least FIVE justices...
It has yet to be seen if Scalia can get 4 other justices to join in his bigoted views; he failed to do so in the 2 most recent gay rights cases- Lawrence & Romer.

You can doubt whatever you want, it doesn't change my position.

Tawas City, Michigan

#79 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Btw, the reason I attack Scalia is because he has repeatedly & publicly stated that gays & women have no constitutional rights. Based on his own admitted bias he is unfit to serve on the SCOTUS.

Tawas City, Michigan

#80 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
"It's really meaningful, to have the recognition of your love and relationship just like any other relationship by the state is an important both legal and symbolic thing," said Democratic House Speaker Mark Ferrandino, a sponsor of the bill and the first gay lawmaker to hold the title of speaker in Colorado.
see, CU's are a great balance...
and more supported than gay "marriage"...
Then YOU should get a civil union.

The rest of us will continue to work for full marriage equality, including Speaker Ferrandino.
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#81 Mar 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It means I would accept it as a valid (though incorrect) ruling from the SCOTUS. Just as I accepted the Bowers ruling on sodomy bans as a valid (though incorrect) ruling from the SCOTUS.
No, my view of marriage will not change any more than my view of private consensual sex changed just because 5 out of 9 justices ruled a certain way.
Will YOU change YOUR view of marriage if the court rules the other way? I suspect not.
The court may find that we are changing course, which I accept, but I sincerely doubt they will ignore their history of tying procreation with marriage like you do...

so, you didn't answer, if they confirm that marriage and procreation have been tied in all scotus precedent, will you accept that fact and thus the fact that you are CHANGING marriage?

I would accept their interpretation of this tie if they went the other way as a fact....i.e that I was WRONG.

I don't hear that coming from you though...

so again, would you accept that procreation currently infers a right to marry if that what the court confirms?
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#82 Mar 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
It has yet to be seen if Scalia can get 4 other justices to join in his bigoted views; he failed to do so in the 2 most recent gay rights cases- Lawrence & Romer.
You can doubt whatever you want, it doesn't change my position.
you are full of fluff today huh?
Francisco dAnconia

Montpelier, VT

#83 Mar 22, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw, the reason I attack Scalia is because he has repeatedly & publicly stated that gays & women have no constitutional rights. Based on his own admitted bias he is unfit to serve on the SCOTUS.
and you ignore my explanation that you are being played by your own agenda...
"I hate all foreign aid"
...your interpretation, "you hate israel who gets aid..."

so in reality, Scalia is an originalist and believes in the amendment process, and you take that as hating you.

its not rational!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 60 Percent: Record Number Of Americans Support ... 3 min Quest 56
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 7 min WeTheSheeple 4,294
News Boy Scouts' leader speaks out on gay adults ban 8 min Tazo 10
News Judge: Gay couples across Alabama have right to... 10 min Yakitori 16
News Mom: Outed pastor told gay son he's going to hell 40 min david traversa 1
News Next move in gay ministers debate 46 min Yakitori 2
News SoCal Rep Wants to Outlaw Gay-to-Straight "Conv... 54 min Brian_G 79
News Is Polygamy the Next Gay Marriage? (Sep '14) 2 hr Brian_G 5,521
News Homosexuality and the Bible (Aug '11) 6 hr Blackburn 32,977
Poll Which QUEER is the BIGGEST LYING SACK OF SHlT? 8 hr Sambo 3