Civil Unions Passes In Colorado, Head...

Civil Unions Passes In Colorado, Heads To The Governor

There are 197 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Mar 12, 2013, titled Civil Unions Passes In Colorado, Heads To The Governor. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

The Colorado House has passed civil unions with all Democrats and two Republicans voting in favor of the law.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#184 Mar 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, ANY finding by this SCOTUS can be overturned by the next SCOTUS.
fine, but your thinking they will ignore a precedent that defines marriage at the state level, you are DELUSIONAL...
which we both know you are...
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#185 Mar 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

My only "linchpins" were DOMA is unconstitutional. I don't care on what grounds or which case.
As long as DOMA is overturned, I'll be happy.
And I am glad that is the way you see it....
there is a grand game going on and you don't want to know about it, and thats just fine with me...must be bliss...

So curiously, I am rooting for the same thing as you...that should make you nervous...

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#186 Mar 27, 2013
Francisco dAnconia wrote:
<quoted text>
which is clearly not relevant here...
they all seemed to agree no right to gay marriage and loving did not apply to gays...
The point is that just because ONE court rules a right doesn't exist doesn't mean that right doesn't exist, only that it isn't recognized as such by the current court.

It's happend NUMEROUS times on NUMEROUS issues in the past. The right always existed, it simply wasn't recognized by the court...... until it eventually was.

You obviously believe rights are created only when the SCOTUS rules favorably on them or when the constitution is amended.

I believe our right have ALWAYS existed (9th amendment), but have simply been unconstitutionally denied to us.

Tawas City, Michigan

#187 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
fine, but your thinking they will ignore a precedent that defines marriage at the state level, you are DELUSIONAL...
which we both know you are...
Yes, the justices will ignore any precedent which conflicts with what they want to do. Just as they've done NUMEROUS times in the past.

Tawas City, Michigan

#188 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
And I am glad that is the way you see it....
there is a grand game going on and you don't want to know about it, and thats just fine with me...must be bliss...
So curiously, I am rooting for the same thing as you...that should make you nervous...
Nope, it just convinces me how utterly stupid you are.

You keep seeing this great secret agenda by the justices which only you are privy to.

Your arrogance is just another indication of your stupidity. You read into the ruling what you want to see.

Tawas City, Michigan

#189 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
what?
Even when it was the whole pack of primary GOP losers we all knew the GOP would lose...
But if the economy stinks, you will lose the next election, you can bank on that...
Right, that's exactly what you morons said in 2012.......

Feel free to try again; the GOPasaurs won't see the inside of the White House for decades, except maybe on the visitors tour.

“ reality, what a concept”

this one

#190 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
actually the whole thing is cover for kennedy as he begged not to decide, but the others are going to make him...how do you think he will come down? Now he has cover for his legacy of defending gays, he was willing when it was ripe, but he isn't get ahead of the issue...he can blame scalia for making him decide!
good solid cover for his legacy as he joins the majority to support the state's right to determine itself who is married.
didn't sound good for you...
over a cliff?
And then I ask you, do you think the scotus is an available avenue once they decide in the DOMA case that the states control on this issue?
think it through a little! your dream of the next supreme court case will die with DOMA...
How do I see Prop 8 playing out?

4 Signed on to Romer Jr. California's amendment and by extension, all but Hawaii's, are unconstitutional creations of a suspect class of same sex only couples in denying them equal protection in the recognition of otherwise legal marriages. On standing, they'll side with the California Supreme Court and hope the state fixes that.

3 Signed onto Arizonans for Official English Jr. It really doesn't matter WHAT the CSSC has to say on the subject, the proponents don't have standing to appeal. They agree in principle with being right bastards to the gay folk, but that isn't the question. Once the Governator and the rest of the named defendants bailed on Walker's ruling, GAME OVER.

2 Are going to try and join both. Agreeing that the proponents really have no right to be there, but since they are there and asking the question, they will also agree with the notion that the amendments are a violation of equal protection ala Romer, though they may be a bit squeamish about the mass extinction of the species, they will let it be done.

On DOMA, you can now pronounce it DOA.

6 Are going to say DOMA violates equal protection AND the BLAG seriously overstepped its constitutional bounds in waging its appeal. 3 Are going to agree wholeheartedly that the BLAG should know its role, but when it comes to that whole equal protection thing, not so much. It gets whoever draws the short straw out from writing an opinion bashing the rights of an octogenarian grandmother that was sure to have gone down in history and not in the best way.

Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#191 Mar 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>

You keep seeing this great secret agenda by the justices which only you are privy to.
And about which books are written...

And are you telling me I write fiction?
OH boy!
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#192 Mar 27, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, that's exactly what you morons said in 2012.......
Feel free to try again; the GOPasaurs won't see the inside of the White House for decades, except maybe on the visitors tour.
do you watch anything but rachael madcow?
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#193 Mar 27, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>
6 Are going to say DOMA violates equal protection
blah. They will rule on state's rights (federalism) and that gays have no right hence the state's right to decide...

Tawas City, Michigan

#194 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
do you watch anything but rachael madcow?
I watch everything, especially Fox "News" so I know what the enemy is up to.

I just LOVED Rove having a hissyfit when they called Ohio for Obama!!!

Like you, he kept insisting Obama can't win because of the poor economy and all that unemployment etc etc etc.

Tawas City, Michigan

#195 Mar 27, 2013
<quoted text>
blah. They will rule on state's rights (federalism) and that gays have no right hence the state's right to decide...
No, but I'm sure you'll READ it as saying gays have no rights.

Just like you read into all the rulings what you WANT it to say instead of what it ACTUALLY says.

this one

#196 Mar 27, 2013
The states will walk away with the power to decide if they want to offer same sex marriages, but without their amendments and without the power to deny recognition to otherwise legal marriages. It's the best you can hope for. For us, the question of whether there is a right to marry someone of the same sex will have to wait for a direct challenge to Baker from one of the states now hearing them, but we will have the right to have our marriages recognized by the states.

this one

#197 Mar 27, 2013
As for DOMA, it's just toast, all 9 have reason now to kill it.
Francisco dAnconia

Barre, VT

#198 Mar 28, 2013
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>The states will walk away with the power to decide if they want to offer same sex marriages,.
or not. that's what you miss. the states can, or not and there can be NO top down ruling from the fed EVER.

One thing is crystal clear, you have no "right" to marry.

this one

#199 Mar 28, 2013
Not this time around, but that is of course the next step, a couple three years down the road when one of the state cases comes up as a direct challenge to Baker. We get to be treated like first cousins for a few years, oddly enough, a major step up from where we were.

Tawas City, Michigan

#200 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
or not. that's what you miss. the states can, or not and there can be NO top down ruling from the fed EVER.
One thing is crystal clear, you have no "right" to marry.
Nope, that's merely what you WANT the ruling to say.

What it ACTUALLY says will be something entirely different.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Church of Scotland moves closer to letting mini... 10 min Pope Closet Emeritus 2
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 12 min No Surprise 6,083
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 24 min Respect71 49,339
BIG PARTY News 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 11
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr Frankie Rizzo 69,534
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 1 hr guest 1,659
News Russia is Investigating Chechnya's Anti-Gay Purge 2 hr Howard 1
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 2 hr Frankie Rizzo 25,635
News Tampa Teacher @LoraJane Hates Christians, Promo... 13 hr Eagle 12 462
More from around the web