North Carolina pastor calls for death...

North Carolina pastor calls for death of gays, lesbians by trapping them inside electric fence

There are 264 comments on the www.nydailynews.com story from May 23, 2012, titled North Carolina pastor calls for death of gays, lesbians by trapping them inside electric fence. In it, www.nydailynews.com reports that:

A North Carolina pastor is calling for the extermination of all gays and lesbians by locking them off behind an electrified fence and waiting for them to die.

Charles Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, N.C., made the suggestion during a May 13 sermon, according to a video posted Monday on YouTube.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.nydailynews.com.

Since: Oct 11

Beggs, OK

#217 Jun 3, 2012
James34 wrote:
<quoted text>Leviticus 18 lists abominations. The ones I found there are incest, adultery and homosexuality.
Now try adding to that working on the Sabbath and eating shellfish. And don't worry about child molestation and slavery. Those evidently aren't abominations.
mike

Edwardsville, IL

#218 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>WRONG.

2 Peter 2:6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the filthy lives of lawless men 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)—

READ YOUR BUYBULL.
This is difficult to reconcile as to why Peter would claim Lot was righteous despite his evil actions. 1. Lot was hospital towards the men who came to rescue him. 2 Lot is portrayed heroically attempting to rescue the men. His methods of giving up his daughters are not so heroic to modern readers.
I went too far in suggesting he was all bad earlier, but my mistake does no equal the Bible is wrong. Lot being willing to give up his daughters to be raped and then the daughters in turn rapping him are not honorable acts. The Bible ultimate declares no man as righteous. Lot was however considerably more righteous than the men in the city. This is the thrust of the passage. The judgement of the wicked and the rescueing of the less wicked. Not the perfect. Lot saw the deeds of the men as wicked and was not willing to give them up. This moral distinction causes the difference between him and them. Peter tells us he saw the actions in this light.

I still would like I see how the action of his daughters or his ability to give them up is considered commendable in the Bible?

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#220 Jun 3, 2012
Cheyenne277 wrote:
<quoted text>
1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.
34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
Matthew 19:(Jesus Speaking) 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for $ ex ual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”
1 Corinthians 7:10 To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
Numbers 31:(Moses Speaking) 15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them. 16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the LORD in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the LORD’s people. 17 Now ki11 all the boys. And ki11 every woman who has slept with a man, 18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.
2 Kings 6:27 The king replied,“If the LORD does not help you, where can I get help for you? From the threshing floor? From the winepress?” 28 Then he asked her,“What’s the matter?”
She answered,“This woman said to me,‘Give up your son so we may eat him today, and tomorrow we’ll eat my son.’ 29 So we cooked my son and ate him. The next day I said to her,‘Give up your son so we may eat him,’ but she had hidden him.”
FORGIVE ME CHRISTIANS IF I'VE TAKEN SOMETHING OUT OF CONTEXT. PLEASE EXPLAIN THE CORRECT CONTEXT AND HOPEFULLY, IF THE HOLY SPIRIT GUIDES YOUR EXPLANATION, YOU WILL DRAW SOME SOULS TOWARDS CHRIST.(THIS SHOULD CLEAR OUT THE FORUM)
You have to read the New Testament. There are lots of the laws that were given to Moses that were changed after Jesus died for our sins. Before Christ sacrifices had to be made in order for sins to be forgiven. The Gentials were not reached out to. Only the Hebrews were Gods chosen people. Jesus opened the gates for every man the believes and trys to follow God's laws. It was a sin to work at all on the Sabbath day. Jesus pointed out the some work was necessary, even on the Sabbath. Basically, you can't just take versus out of the Old testament for gospel unless you know the New testament enough to know what God did and did not change through Jesus. Homosexuality was not changed. It is still an abomination.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#221 Jun 3, 2012
DrKnow1 wrote:
<quoted text>You have to read the New Testament. There are lots of the laws that were given to Moses that were changed after Jesus died for our sins. Before Christ sacrifices had to be made in order for sins to be forgiven. The Gentials were not reached out to. Only the Hebrews were Gods chosen people. Jesus opened the gates for every man the believes and trys to follow God's laws. It was a sin to work at all on the Sabbath day. Jesus pointed out the some work was necessary, even on the Sabbath. Basically, you can't just take versus out of the Old testament for gospel unless you know the New testament enough to know what God did and did not change through Jesus. Homosexuality was not changed. It is still an abomination.
Ya and christians are an abomination in my religion... so STFU

“Game Over”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#222 Jun 3, 2012
DrKnow1 wrote:
<quoted text> Dead birds are falling from the sky. Dead fish are washing up on the shores.
Live birds generally don't do that. I saw some today.

Live fish generally don't do that. I have some.

I predict there will be hurricanes during hurricane season. There will be floods during the monsoon season. Young black men will be shot in a city. Hoards of people who recieve government assistance will descend upon local Walmarts on Monday.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#223 Jun 4, 2012
DrKnow1 wrote:
<quoted text>....... Homosexuality was not changed. It is still an abomination.
Please list the Scriptures that specifically mention people who can ONLY be attracted to the same gender. You can't count any that can also apply to straight folks.

No mention of men raping men - straight men do that. No mention of pagan rituals - straight men can do that, as well.

And Leviticus doesn't count, either, since it only applies to ancient hebrew priests, and NO Christian today follows it's guidelines.

Good luck.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#224 Jun 4, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Please list the Scriptures that specifically mention people who can ONLY be attracted to the same gender. You can't count any that can also apply to straight folks.
No mention of men raping men - straight men do that. No mention of pagan rituals - straight men can do that, as well.
And Leviticus doesn't count, either, since it only applies to ancient hebrew priests, and NO Christian today follows it's guidelines.
Good luck.
Everything in the old testament counts unless it is changed in the new testament.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#225 Jun 4, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
James, I repect your view, but as another black man, I would like to ask you were you were during the black struggle for civil rights in the 50's and 60's? Were you even born during this period?
I would appreciate an answer, James.

Location hidden

#226 Jun 4, 2012
DrKnow1 wrote:
<quoted text>Everything in the old testament counts unless it is changed in the new testament.
When is the next change scheduled?
really

Newland, NC

#227 Jun 4, 2012
Been There Did That wrote:
<quoted text>Where you're concerned my friend,ignorance is bliss! There are NO more gays than there was 30 or 40 years ago! They are just tired of all the hate and prejudice and are now speaking out in their defense where they didn't before! Gays have been around since the dawn of mankind in about the same numbers and is an innate sexuality! Gays do NOT choose to be gay,there are naturally that way! If you think a person chooses to be gay then please tell us when you consciously choose to be straight? And that is the point,it is OK to be gay as it is NOT a choice for them! Being gay is just another variation of human sexuality neither good nor bad,it just is! You cannot teach a child to be gay! I'm straight and being gay is not my cup of tea as I'm straight but for them it is completely normal and I do not have a problem with that! Who cares it doesn't harm anybody and marriage equality is supported by our constitution and specifically the 14th amendment! Marriage equality will happen,it's just a matter of time,you don't have to like it but you will accept it,nothing you can do about it so just live and let live! I know many gays and they are great,kind empathetic folk,and that's the bottom line!
I agree fully, I do not think it is a choice one makes. I am straight myself but have a nephew that is openly gay and anyone that did not figure that out by the time he was 5 y/o, had their eyes closed. People quickly label gays as bad but my nephew is always there for the family, always pleasant and the type you can always depend on. He made no choice, he was created gay at birth I have no doubts.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#228 Jun 4, 2012
really wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree fully, I do not think it is a choice one makes. I am straight myself but have a nephew that is openly gay and anyone that did not figure that out by the time he was 5 y/o, had their eyes closed. People quickly label gays as bad but my nephew is always there for the family, always pleasant and the type you can always depend on. He made no choice, he was created gay at birth I have no doubts.
so was my child... ty... and its time people confront the ignorance and hate in every corner of this country
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#229 Jun 5, 2012
Mr_Bill wrote:
This is the tone of "Christianity" in the Southland?
Just why Mr_Bill has always believed that:
"Southern Baptist" is DEVIL WORSHIP.
Can there be any doubt?
Is there anything good, any touch of love, and hint of Jesus Christ in the words of this monster?
Hi, Mr. Bill. How old are you? I do not think it is true that Southern Baptists were exactly devil worshippers, always. Back in the old days, they were in a minority, and they wanted freedom of religion, so they loved the first amendment. But then the rightwing nutcases got a majority of the Southern Baptist attendees at its convention to take over the church, and turn it into a rightwing looney tunes Establishmentarian church. It is interesting to look at the history of churches, and who has taken over from whom. or what divisions have happened, often at the same time. I heard the discussion about this event thanks to Bill Moyers, but I forget when it happened.

The extreme rightwing political/religious types are the ones who worship a God that is a monster - but though they may dominate in many groups, there still can be others who disagree but maybe do not dare to speak out - sort of like a moderate Muslim would not dare to speak out for fear of being killed by a terrorist type.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#230 Jun 5, 2012
Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
James, I repect your view, but as another black man, I would like to ask you were you were during the black struggle for civil rights in the 50's and 60's? Were you even born during this period?
Sorry Arnold, I've been busy with relatives and all. No, I wasn't around for all civil rights movement, I was born in 70. This is not the same thing. I know I have made some off color remarks about this subject, but the truth is I am a very spiritual man and I am concerned for this country, as well as the souls of the people in it. Being gay is not unforgivable, however if someone lives their life in total sin, the only way they can be forgiven is to ask for it with every intention of not doing it again. It is very easy to backslide, however once one does, they are to ask for forgiveness and try again. How can you plan on not sinning when the marriage or partnership you are in is a sin itself. On the one hand, having homosexual feelings is not a sin. On the other hand, acting on them is an abomination .

Location hidden

#231 Jun 5, 2012
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
This is difficult to reconcile as to why Peter would claim Lot was righteous despite his evil actions. 1. Lot was hospital towards the men who came to rescue him. 2 Lot is portrayed heroically attempting to rescue the men. His methods of giving up his daughters are not so heroic to modern readers.
I went too far in suggesting he was all bad earlier, but my mistake does no equal the Bible is wrong. Lot being willing to give up his daughters to be raped and then the daughters in turn rapping him are not honorable acts. The Bible ultimate declares no man as righteous. Lot was however considerably more righteous than the men in the city. This is the thrust of the passage. The judgement of the wicked and the rescueing of the less wicked. Not the perfect. Lot saw the deeds of the men as wicked and was not willing to give them up. This moral distinction causes the difference between him and them. Peter tells us he saw the actions in this light.
I still would like I see how the action of his daughters or his ability to give them up is considered commendable in the Bible?
Thank you Mike. You are much better with words than I am.

Location hidden

#232 Jun 5, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck.
The verse you are looking for is Leviticus 18:22. Whether or not you say it counts is up to you. But it does.

Location hidden

#233 Jun 5, 2012
DrKnow1 wrote:
<quoted text>Everything in the old testament counts unless it is changed in the new testament.
DR. Know, Change is not the best choice of words. He made all of the animals clean to eat. He sent his son to die on the cross to cleans our sins so that we all could have everlasting life, if we choose to accept him. That means no more sacrificing animals.

Location hidden

#234 Jun 5, 2012
James34 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry Arnold, I've been busy with relatives and all. No, I wasn't around for all civil rights movement, I was born in 70. This is not the same thing. I know I have made some off color remarks about this subject, but the truth is I am a very spiritual man and I am concerned for this country, as well as the souls of the people in it. Being gay is not unforgivable, however if someone lives their life in total sin, the only way they can be forgiven is to ask for it with every intention of not doing it again. It is very easy to backslide, however once one does, they are to ask for forgiveness and try again. How can you plan on not sinning when the marriage or partnership you are in is a sin itself. On the one hand, having homosexual feelings is not a sin. On the other hand, acting on them is an abomination .
That is ok if you have your convictions, but many gays came out of the closet during the civil rights movement and laid their blood out on the street for the cause of equality for blacks. The very freedoms that you take for granted today that formerly were not there for people of color. I know. I was there. This country is governed by the Constitution that protects the rights of each indiviual, and principly the 14th Amendment gives equal protection to all. The Bible is not the governoring basis for this country...albeit a book of great spiritual value, but not the rules of a nation. Regardless of your religious views, we continue to take the rights away from a group of people and do no allow them the same privilige as given to all others. What is the meaning of civil rights if it does not mean equalitity for all? Please tell me your definition of equal rights. Amendment One was a slap in the face to all free thinking people who stive for true equality. Why cannot people, and especially minority people, not understant this simple truth?
Switzer

Haslet, TX

#235 Jun 5, 2012
I don't know much about the man personally but I rented off of him about 14 years ago and him and his wife seemed to be very nice people I remember the heat went out late one night and they was there in a hurry to fix don't find many people like that no more he might not like gays but we all got are own demons that we are not proud of and sometimes they pop out but at least the man is standing behind the words he spoke I know a lot of people in maiden that run there mouth and deny what they say so before you take him to the gallows think did he really harm anyone it's his personal belief and nobody's has to go to his church or friend him on fb so I see where he did no harm might not be the smartest move but still no crime and I think we all need to sweep are own homes before we start on his

“For The Lost”

Since: Aug 10

Schenectady, NY

#236 Jun 14, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
Gays started the extremist positions, when representative ACT-UP stated in a news conference almost forty years ago, that gays would intentionally infect heterosexuals with HIV/AIDS. Through street level gay thugs (some arrested and in prison, if not dead) they accomplished that horror. Now millions of innocent people are dead. There is an element in the gay community so cynical, so incredibly coarse, they not only take pride in their infection rates, but publish materials clearly defining their intent to molest younger children and brainwash all young children to their perversions. Such extremes invite polar opposite extremes... sad, but inevitable.
Amen brother! It's good to see somebody with sense posting. They want to teach there abominations to our kids so they will have more gays to do sick sexual acts with. Lord help us all and the majority going along with it like it'snormal.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#237 Jun 14, 2012
DrKnow1 wrote:
<quoted text>You have to read the New Testament. There are lots of the laws that were given to Moses that were changed after Jesus died for our sins. Before Christ sacrifices had to be made in order for sins to be forgiven. The Gentials were not reached out to. Only the Hebrews were Gods chosen people. Jesus opened the gates for every man the believes and trys to follow God's laws. It was a sin to work at all on the Sabbath day. Jesus pointed out the some work was necessary, even on the Sabbath. Basically, you can't just take versus out of the Old testament for gospel unless you know the New testament enough to know what God did and did not change through Jesus. Homosexuality was not changed. It is still an abomination.
Your chistology and soteriology are not foreign to me in the slightest.

They're just incorrect gentile misunderstandings, largely due the foggery of Saul, and his gentile followers who did not understand the Judaism that birthed the Yeshua movement.

Yeshua did not teach from the Mosaic code, but from the prophets. Further, the writings state that Yeshua clearly indicated that not all of the Mosaic Code was prophetic utterence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 57 min Jonah1 18,527
News Moore goes before ethics panel on gay marriage ... 1 hr Justin 5
News Eastern Kentucky holds first Pride Festival 1 hr Justin 103
News The Escape Every Gay San Franciscan Loves 1 hr Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
News Priests and nuns hold bizarre ceremony to 'puri... 1 hr Hogan 50
News Lawyers who challenged Kansas gay marriage ban ... 1 hr Xstain Mullah Fra... 5
News The Latest: California bars travel to protest a... 1 hr Xstain Mullah Fra... 1
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 3 hr Andy 40,551
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 6 hr Frankie Rizzo 68,993
More from around the web