Anti-Gay Bigots at High School In Ind...

Anti-Gay Bigots at High School In Indiana Can't Ban Gay Kids From Prom...

There are 90 comments on the slog.thestranger.com story from Feb 10, 2013, titled Anti-Gay Bigots at High School In Indiana Can't Ban Gay Kids From Prom.... In it, slog.thestranger.com reports that:

Like racists who created segregated proms after high schools were integrated in the 60s and 70s, the haters at Sullivan High School are creating a segregated prom for straight kids only :

Join the discussion below, or Read more at slog.thestranger.com.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Feb 10, 2013
From the article:

" ... 2013 Sullivan Traditional Prom. The organizers of this hate group would like us to know that 'this is not a hate group'... "

Just SAYING that you are not doesn't make it so.

"Actions speak louder than words."

Just SAYING.

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

#2 Feb 10, 2013
We shouldn't hate the haters, we should just hate their hate. And they've got that cornered in spades.
David Traversa

Argentina

#3 Feb 10, 2013
And these people are hired to guide the young .. their only asset being a vacillating brain which propagates home-made theories without any basis in fact ..
Tee Bagg Residue Cleanup

Levittown, PA

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Can the christain closet cases go to both proms?
Tracy

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Feb 10, 2013
A friend of mine recommended our area to me for Summer Camping etc, since you are not to far from home. After a little research I was shocked to find an article about a teacher in your area, starting a second Prom for "non-gays"! I am not really sure if you realize how others view your area, when they see such things, especially in an age when bullying has proven to have heartbreaking and even fatal results! It does not say much about a community that not only allows bullying (and make no mistake, it is a form of bullying!) but allows such blatant bullying from teachers. In the article, she said that gays "had no purpose in life"! As someone who lives in a small community, I understand the economic impact of a little bad press. I am sure that if this type of bullying continues, you may end up with a lot of unwanted press. I urge you to treat these children as you would if they were your own! As for myself, we won't be visiting your area anytime soon. I really try to shelter the kids from such bigotry.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 11, 2013
Off Topic:

Ratzinger is abdicating on February 28th.

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#7 Feb 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
Off Topic:
Ratzinger is abdicating on February 28th.
WOW!

He'll be the first pope to resign since pope Celestine V stepped down in 1294.

I almost have some respect for the pope now- almost.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#8 Feb 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!
According to CNN it wasn't Celestine V. From CNN website:

"The last pope to resign was Gregory XII in 1415. He did so to end a civil war within the church in which more than one man claimed to be pope."
Really

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 11, 2013
Sick S&*^&... I can't believe all this.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#10 Feb 11, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!
Did you catch the HBO film about the Catholic clergy and their despicable cover ups last week? Ratzinger was THE one who all the scandals were sent to for him to review and he did NOTHING. He should never have been put into that role. I'm wondering if it was too much for him.
concerned mom

Brazil, IN

#11 Feb 11, 2013
I am shocked that the person leading this segregated prom issue is a special education teacher. Hasn't she witnessed her students being bullied? Hasn't she worked to end bullying? Now she has become a bully herself. There is a parallel here. I am saddened that someone like her is part of the school system

Location hidden

#12 Feb 11, 2013
Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>Did you catch the HBO film about the Catholic clergy and their despicable cover ups last week? Ratzinger was THE one who all the scandals were sent to for him to review and he did NOTHING. He should never have been put into that role. I'm wondering if it was too much for him.
That, and a bad case of Curial politics with a side infection of Euro Bank. I also suspect that his mind is going, and in odd moments he's been flipping back to his shady youth.

Lililth_Satans_B ore

Since: May 12

Bellevue, WA

#13 Feb 11, 2013
wow... christards are such scum
rpmcq

Southwest Brevard Cnty, FL

#14 Feb 11, 2013
Religious people are trained "sheep", easily manipulated.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#15 Feb 11, 2013
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
That, and a bad case of Curial politics with a side infection of Euro Bank. I also suspect that his mind is going, and in odd moments he's been flipping back to his shady youth.
I used to know someone who had gone through seminary at the Vatican and HE claimed it was some of the wildest sex scenes he had ever seen in the dorms and private areas of the blessed house o' God. Another pal went all through seminary in California and said the same thing. Neither of them went on to being priests, by the way!

Do not think for ONE moment that old Ratzy did NOT have some extra curricular activities in his younger, or maybe NOT so much younger, days.
u-know

Terre Haute, IN

#16 Feb 11, 2013
When the rules are changed to fit only a few then the few become the bullies .
Happy Anniversary 1913

Amherst, MA

#17 Feb 11, 2013
Hey Gurty? I see the republicans are still going after Obama apointee Chuck Hagel pinning him as anti semite. How queer is that? I know how to end our little problem over there, The first step is bringing all the troops home. The second step is expelling a couple groups of people from here. The third step is isolation and sovereignty from America. The fourth step is outlawing buggery and use of the word gay. The 5th step is ending the tax code. The 6th step is ending the federal reserve bank. I got plenty more but I'll stop there. For now.

Was it Churchill who said "The truth is anti semite?"

Of Puppets and Strings to Oily Things

Down Down Down

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#18 Feb 11, 2013
concerned mom wrote:
I am shocked that the person leading this segregated prom issue is a special education teacher. Hasn't she witnessed her students being bullied? Hasn't she worked to end bullying? Now she has become a bully herself. There is a parallel here. I am saddened that someone like her is part of the school system
Thank you for catching why I posted this story in the first place. It's bad enough that it's one more example of mindless bigotry and ugly prejudice by folk who don't realize what complete asses they are making of themselves here, but it's who the leader of these asses is. A Special Education teacher? God help these people, they let this loon around impressionable children five days a week and they're worried that their teenagers might see gay at the prom. Kinda makes your skin crawl, doesn't it?
issues

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Feb 11, 2013
concerned mom wrote:
Hit the nail right on the head! It will be a shock to see her keep her job after all of this!!!
puja08004333154

Chandigarh, India

#20 Feb 11, 2013
Call me for phnsex and recharge my mobile my number is 08004333154

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Hetero cafe re-opens again... 6 min Left of centre 13
News Daniel Radcliffe calls Hollywood racism 'undeni... 20 min Spank Your Willy 5
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 31 min Brian_G 18,100
News Gay student sues school who wouldna t let him b... 34 min Frankie Rizzo 14
News Doritos makes rainbow chips in support of gay r... (Sep '15) 1 hr guest 254
Poll I troll the gay/lesbian forum because... (Dec '08) 2 hr Left of centre 28
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr Terra Firma 40,163
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 6 hr Thaddeus 68,981
More from around the web