Catholic Cardinal Francis George Larg...

Catholic Cardinal Francis George Largely Ignores Pope Francis' Words

There are 8 comments on the lezgetreal.com story from Sep 22, 2013, titled Catholic Cardinal Francis George Largely Ignores Pope Francis' Words. In it, lezgetreal.com reports that:

Cardinal George ignores Pope Francis' admonitions regarding the small-minded and petty obsession some Catholics have with same-sex marriage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at lezgetreal.com.

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

Coolidge, AZ

#1 Sep 22, 2013
I certainly hope nobody is surprised by this.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Sep 22, 2013
Perhaps it is because 'cardinal george' is petty and small-minded

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#3 Sep 22, 2013
The Cardinal has been using gay rights and marriage to deflect the blame for the Churches handling of pedophile priests onto gays. The Pope is interfering with this.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#4 Sep 22, 2013
Does this come as a surprise to anyone? There are many within the church who are not men of God.

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#5 Sep 22, 2013
I'm not a religious person, but isn't the Pope effectively his boss?
david traversa

Argentina

#6 Sep 22, 2013
DragonHung wrote:
I'm not a religious person, but isn't the Pope effectively his boss?
Supposedly .. but you can see how it is in reality .. Bigots care nothing for whatever stands in their way .
david traversa

Argentina

#7 Sep 22, 2013
So Cardinal George is telling us the Pope is not infallible after all .. He's just more Christ-like and humane than his underlings .. I hope Christians the world around are paying attention .

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8 Sep 23, 2013
david traversa wrote:
So Cardinal George is telling us the Pope is not infallible after all .. He's just more Christ-like and humane than his underlings .. I hope Christians the world around are paying attention .
The infallibility thing only works in very circumscribed situations.

The Cardinal is a bishop. This means that he has considerable autonomy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News School textbook with gay maths problem go viral 2 hr Tre H 60
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 2 hr Tre H 19,254
News Congressman Under Fire For 'Outlaw Divorce' Rem... (Jul '06) 2 hr ewrrew43443 128
News Assemblywoman Cristina Garcia faces new controv... 2 hr HunMayCud watching 5
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 4 hr GodSmacked 61,052
News 'Roseanne' Star Recalls Fight to Air Controvers... 4 hr GodSmacked 110
The Spectrum Cafe (Dec '07) 4 hr GodSmacked 28,022