Former Chaplain Goes Off The Deep End Over Marriage Equality Votes

Nov 14, 2012 | Posted by: Sei | Full story: lezgetreal.com

David Pakman got the opportunity to talk to former Navy Chaplain Gordon Klingenschmitt recently, and the interview was rather bizarre to say the least. Klingenschmitt likened the shift in the popular vote towards same-sex marriage to crucifying Jesus and that itw as a sign of the End Times:
Comments
21 - 39 of 39 Comments Last updated Nov 20, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how days after being reelected total war breaks out in the middle east and Israel is fighting for her life, you must be very proud of yourself voting for the pro Muslim liar.
Complete non sequitur.

Total war broke out, eh? You are a psycho bitch.
Mona Lott

Hoboken, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was written by mans hand but dictated by God.He used human authors to give us his message .God's message, God's authorship, is always there, providing in the end through all the years, exactly what he wanted us to have. In this way the Bible is our own ageless treasure.
Dictated by god, eh?

hahahahahah
ahahahahahah
ahahahahahha

How my dictate last night?

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was written by mans hand but dictated by God.He used human authors to give us his message .God's message, God's authorship, is always there, providing in the end through all the years, exactly what he wanted us to have. In this way the Bible is our own ageless treasure.
I can't help wondering about your religious views. If you are a member of a congregation that believes in pre-determination then doesn't that mean GOD himself made sure Romney lost?

You've blamed bribery, election fraud and nearly everything else for the humiliating loss you suffered.

Maybe you should ask yourself if God is trying to tell you something.
TravisA

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
So your saying god is illiterate and couldn't wright his own book?

Since: Dec 08

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Eat another plate of crow and you'll have the Devil diddling you on the kitchen table.
luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

TravisA wrote:
<quoted text>
My former brother in law once pointed out to me God is left handed. See the movie "The Ten Commandments". When "God" etches the tablets the flame comes from the left side!

Frankly I'm surprised there wasn't an outcry by the religious right over this since the left side has traditionally been the "sinister" side.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

TravisA wrote:
<quoted text>
He was too busy diddling the BVM.
SirAndrew

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
If "God" was able to create the world and everything else in six days, as you people believe, why wasn't he able to create the Bible as well? Why did he have to "dictate" it? And how, exactly, did that happen? Was a previously unknown form of Hebrew shorthand used? Did God patiently sit there behind his desk while his secretary painstakingly engraved his words into a wax tablet, later to be transferred to paper that hadn't been invented yet?

The Bible is a history of a people and their silly religious beliefs, written by men as a means of controlling other men and dominating women. It may be ageless, but it is certainly no treasure. And the fact that you continue to defend it tells us all we need to know about your level of intelligence.

“Unconvinced”

Since: Nov 09

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

Do these people not see the inanity and contradiction in what they preach?

This chaplain says, at about the 5:45 mark...

"In the Bible, the only time that an election was held in the New Testament, was the time they took a vote to crucify Jesus Christ, and release Barnabas instead of Jesus. So elections don't always go the way that God wants them to go."

WHAT???

What he is saying here is that God did NOT want Jesus to be crucified. God would have preferred that Jesus had LIVED. This is a CHAPLAIN telling us this.

What the HELL would that have done to your belief system, chaplain? How do you reconcile this statement with the ENTIRE DOCTRINE of Jesus being sent to Earth for the PURPOSE of dying?

These people absolutely do NOT know what they are talking about, and they will happily stink up the world with whatever fetid nonsense they pull from between their idea cheeks.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

On another thread I read today, NJeff made a great point. He was in line to vote and talking to a woman who was conflicted about the gay marriage ban.

She has family and close friends who are gay but still felt SSM was re-defining marriage.

Jeff pointed out to her that when women were finally admitted to military service no one claimed women were trying to re-define the term "soldier".

They parted and she seemed to appreciate what he said.

Maybe this chaplain needs to do the same. Marriage is the property of the State not the Church in this country. As a member of the military you'd think he'd know that.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I can't help wondering about your religious views. If you are a member of a congregation that believes in pre-determination then doesn't that mean GOD himself made sure Romney lost?
You've blamed bribery, election fraud and nearly everything else for the humiliating loss you suffered.
Maybe you should ask yourself if God is trying to tell you something.
OBVIOUSLY she did NOT pray hard enough, or if she did, it wasn't really sincere. I mean if God ignored her, what does THAT say about her relationship with the Allmighty? I didn't even PRAY and our side WON!!!!( I used to pray for my hair to stop falling out and look what a waste of time that was!(Thanks be to Bruce Willis, the patron saint of male pattern baldness, then shaved heads.)

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

EdmondWA wrote:
Do these people not see the inanity and contradiction in what they preach?
This chaplain says, at about the 5:45 mark...
"In the Bible, the only time that an election was held in the New Testament, was the time they took a vote to crucify Jesus Christ, and release Barnabas instead of Jesus. So elections don't always go the way that God wants them to go."
WHAT???
What he is saying here is that God did NOT want Jesus to be crucified. God would have preferred that Jesus had LIVED. This is a CHAPLAIN telling us this.
What the HELL would that have done to your belief system, chaplain? How do you reconcile this statement with the ENTIRE DOCTRINE of Jesus being sent to Earth for the PURPOSE of dying?
These people absolutely do NOT know what they are talking about, and they will happily stink up the world with whatever fetid nonsense they pull from between their idea cheeks.
In other words, God has just about as much power as Luv Sarah Palin does in the outcome of elections. What is up with THAT? MAYBE God DID want Romney, but He didn't get out and vote, or send in His ballot.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2012

Judged:

SirAndrew wrote:
<quoted text>
If "God" was able to create the world and everything else in six days, as you people believe, why wasn't he able to create the Bible as well? Why did he have to "dictate" it? And how, exactly, did that happen? Was a previously unknown form of Hebrew shorthand used? Did God patiently sit there behind his desk while his secretary painstakingly engraved his words into a wax tablet, later to be transferred to paper that hadn't been invented yet?
The Bible is a history of a people and their silly religious beliefs, written by men as a means of controlling other men and dominating women. It may be ageless, but it is certainly no treasure. And the fact that you continue to defend it tells us all we need to know about your level of intelligence.
GOD'S OFFICE, AFTERNOON, GOD HITS INTERCOM:

GOD:
Roxie, please come in here and bring your steno book.

ROXIE:
Sure thing, God, want a Danish and a cup of coffee too?

GOD:
Nope, just the steno book and your pretty face.

ROXIE ENTERS, GOD ADMIRES HER TIGHT DRESS AND LOVELY LEGS, SHE SITS IN FRONT OF HIS HUGE DESK.

GOD:
Humm, how should I begin. OK, how does this sound?
"In the beginning all was cloudy with chance of rain?" no, no, how about "In the beginning all were at the park?" No, no. "all were dark," oh, that might offend the Mormons! hahahah! OK, Oh, I know! "In the beginning ALL was dark!" Yeah, that about sounds good! What do YOU think, Roxie?

ROXIE:
Sounds good to me, God.

GOD:
You know, Roxie, it's getting mighty close to lunch. How's about you and me going to the Marriott and having their lunch buffet? My treat!

ROXIE:
And, it IS in that fine hotel!(She winks ala Sarah Palin)

GOD:
Roxie, you read my mind..hey, that's MY job!

Scene closes with God and Roxie laughing and getting up to leave. Fade to black....

“Stop the liberal madness”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>OBVIOUSLY she did NOT pray hard enough, or if she did, it wasn't really sincere. I mean if God ignored her, what does THAT say about her relationship with the Allmighty? I didn't even PRAY and our side WON!!!!( I used to pray for my hair to stop falling out and look what a waste of time that was!(Thanks be to Bruce Willis, the patron saint of male pattern baldness, then shaved heads.)
There is a new medical break through . It hasn't been published yet but from one friend to another, rub cat feces on your head every night for 120 days and DO NOT wash it out.

The cat feces has an enzyme which will bring out lush and beautiful hair.

Sure we disagree about many things but that doesn't mean I can't help a fellow human being.

“Stop the liberal madness”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>In other words, God has just about as much power as Luv Sarah Palin does in the outcome of elections. What is up with THAT? MAYBE God DID want Romney, but He didn't get out and vote, or send in His ballot.
Btw Dear,
God does NOT get involved in silly human things like election results. To us it is not silly but in the big picture it is to God.

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a new medical break through . It hasn't been published yet but from one friend to another, rub cat feces on your head every night for 120 days and DO NOT wash it out.
The cat feces has an enzyme which will bring out lush and beautiful hair.
Sure we disagree about many things but that doesn't mean I can't help a fellow human being.
Now that was just out and out MEAN.

I wonder what you will do if someone you love suffers male pattern baldness and just throws in the towel and shaves it all off...

I have been doing this since about 2006. At approx.$25 a hair cut, with a hair cut every 3 weeks, that is about $300 a year I am saving and by now $1800 total. That is enough for a lovely trip to Hawaii. Still think that's so funny now?

Palm Springs, California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw Dear,
God does NOT get involved in silly human things like election results. To us it is not silly but in the big picture it is to God.
Then why were so many churches sending up prayers? Not ME, but I know many were. All that praying for naught.

I guess God WANTS gay marriage and abortions and welfare and stopping coal and Obamacare and liberal judges and....ah, President Barrack Ohama, will be with us until January 20, 2017!!!! Get USED to him, dear.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

Curteese wrote:
<quoted text>GOD'S OFFICE, AFTERNOON, GOD HITS INTERCOM:
GOD:
Roxie, please come in here and bring your steno book.
ROXIE:
Sure thing, God, want a Danish and a cup of coffee too?
GOD:
Nope, just the steno book and your pretty face.
ROXIE ENTERS, GOD ADMIRES HER TIGHT DRESS AND LOVELY LEGS, SHE SITS IN FRONT OF HIS HUGE DESK.
GOD:
Humm, how should I begin. OK, how does this sound?
"In the beginning all was cloudy with chance of rain?" no, no, how about "In the beginning all were at the park?" No, no. "all were dark," oh, that might offend the Mormons! hahahah! OK, Oh, I know! "In the beginning ALL was dark!" Yeah, that about sounds good! What do YOU think, Roxie?
ROXIE:
Sounds good to me, God.
GOD:
You know, Roxie, it's getting mighty close to lunch. How's about you and me going to the Marriott and having their lunch buffet? My treat!
ROXIE:
And, it IS in that fine hotel!(She winks ala Sarah Palin)
GOD:
Roxie, you read my mind..hey, that's MY job!
Scene closes with God and Roxie laughing and getting up to leave. Fade to black....
39 posts and I don't think anyone's pointed out this guy is a FORMER chaplain!

A FORMER CHAPLAIN declaring a sign of the end Times? Geez this reminds me of the grumpy old editor who once said, "Dog bites man big deal, man bites dog, NOW THERE'S A STORY!"

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2012

luv Sarah Palin wrote:
<quoted text>
Btw Dear,
sort of like when God sits back and laughs when people like you use Him to try to win an election and then claim bribery and voter fraud when you lose.

Ever think "God's Tryin' To Tell Ya SOMTHIN"!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••