Bryan Fischer: Gays Should Face Job Discrimination Much Like Shoplifters

Apr 25, 2013 | Posted by: Gay And Proud | Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com

The American Family Association's Bryan Fischer pointed to the case of Carla Hale, a Catholic school teacher who was fired after being outed to her colleagues via her mother's obituary, as part of his recent plea for conservative Christians to " reclaim discrimination ." Fischer, whose anti-gay declarations have become a near-weekly staple of his "Focal Point" radio show, claims that Ohio's Bishop Watterson High School was "absolutely right" in its decision to fire Hale, Right Wing Watch first reported.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of91
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“abstractions of thought...”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
I am so tired of hearing about gay rights. God never intended this! MAN AND WOMAN is what he intended and those rights should remain intact only to them. This world has way more important things to focus on
You apparently flunked civics in school since you seem to be unaware that civil rights belong to all citizens, not merely those approved by your religious beliefs. You don't seem to have heard about the first amendment and freedom of religion either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
<quoted text>GOD did not MAKE them attracted to the same sex! I repeat, this was not HIS plan.
Unless you are God, claiming to speak on His behalf or to know His mind is blasphemy, you unholy *sswipe.
excuses wrote:
My opinion is just that; an opinion. There is no right or wrong.
Actually, opinions can be wrong when asserted erroneously as fact. And in your case, they're uninformed too.
excuses wrote:
I hold a lot of morals-thank you very much.
Rather than seeing how many morals you can "hold", maybe you should try living by them instead.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
no attraction at birth or infancy
I'm sorry to hear your parents didn't like or love you during your childhood. Did they have to tie a steak around your neck to get the dog to play with you too?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
born with a different brain-i can accept that
No doubt you're jealous of anyone born with a brain.

“ WOOF !”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Care to provide some links to the studies you refer to? Or are you going to dodge by telling me I need to do my own homework?
The reason I ask is because I've been gay for over 50 years. I knew I was "one of those kinds of boys" back in 1963 when I was 5 years old. The only gay man in my life back then was Liberace on TV 2 or 3 days a week. And of course Jim Nabors on "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Gomer Pyle USMC". How either of them managed to "groom me" during that time is a mystery.
Since I knew what I was early on I did research. At that time there wasn't much available on Same Sex attraction. What little I found was based on statistics drawn up from a base population that were mostly convicted sex offenders. But after I came out and began to meet other gays and lesbians, I found that much of what I read in these reports about us didn't apply to most of us. I have HEARD people make the same claims you do but have never been able to find the sources they base their claims on.
So all that being said, I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know where you found your information.
I remember those days too. I'm 2 years older than you. I remember my first day in Kindergarten and I immediately fell madly in love with another boy in class named Kenny Crowe. I also remember trying to find info on homosexuality in books in the library, and what they had was scanty at best, and downright depressing at worst. But in college, when I met my first drag queen, WOO-HOO !:)
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

practical wrote:
There is a lot of research out there for anyone to read, if they are interested. It shows that the majority of gay men....
No, there's no such research except in the minds of sexually ill bigots.

Lots of people in general suffer various kinds of sexual abuse, too, and that's not how the ones who are heterosexual became heterosexual.

You're severely mentally ill is all.
excuses

Wright City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

no, didn't flunk civics
no, i'm not an unholy *sswipe
no, opinions aren't wrong
yes, i do have morals
yes, my parents LOVE me very much, for they are the ones that instilled values and brought me up in a loving and compassionate environment and sent us to private schools-church every week
i should be able to post my opinion without being called names,being ridiculed and bullied by you while you promote such hate and ignorance
vagina+penis=how could you say this was not Gods intention? You are delusional with your excuses and theories

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
no, didn't flunk civics
yes, i do have morals
yes, my parents LOVE me very much, for they are the ones that instilled values and brought me up in a loving and compassionate environment and sent us to private schools-church every week
i should be able to post my opinion without being called names,being ridiculed and bullied by you while you promote such hate and ignorance
vagina+penis=how could you say this was not Gods intention? You are delusional with your excuses and theories
If you don't like being called a bigot then perhaps you should stop acting like one.

God created gays and lesbians (gay and lesbians animals too!), has been doing that since long before humans evolved, and will continue to create gays and lesbians as well as heterosexuals among all the various animals that were created with sexual behaviours. For you to state that God made a mistake is rather presumptuous. If God didn't want there to be gays and lesbians why does He make so many of us?
excuses

Wright City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I am proud to be me and once again it is my right to believe that God did not make you gay--you made you gay

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
no, didn't flunk civics
yes, i do have morals
Freedom of speech is not freedom from criticism. If you want to litter a public forum with your uninformed opinions, then you reap what you sow.

Quit whining and grow a pair.
excuses wrote:
The fact God created gays is sufficient to know they exist for His purpose. Go do something useful like cast stones at yourself, sinner.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
I am proud to be me and once again it is my right to believe that God did not make you gay--you made you gay
Science proves your belief wrong. But then many believed the earth was flat and the sun revolved around it based on religious beliefs and teachings too even after science proved otherwise.

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
You can believe whatever you like but as it's been pointed out already that doesn't mean you're entitled to not get called out for unsupported hogwash.

Some people believe that racism is justified too but that doesn't mean they are right or that they should expect everyone to just shut up when they want to spout their hatred.
excuses

Wright City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I am not a hateful person and you have no right to tell me what i should believe or how i should feel and you are wrong as far as my opinion.
How funny that i've been going to church for almost 50 years and your theories are unsupported dribble
Tea Bag Residue Cleanup

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
I am not a hateful person....
Educated society has already determined you are, you stupid, talibangelical bigot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
I am not a hateful person
Perhaps not, but you're certainly a whiny, sniveling one.
excuses wrote:
and you have no right to tell me what i should believe or how i should feel
No one's telling what to believe or feel; they're merely commenting on the posts you've made.
excuses wrote:
and you are wrong as far as my opinion.
That your opinions appear uninformed by scientific fact is quite evident.
excuses wrote:
How funny that i've been going to church for almost 50 years and your theories are unsupported dribble
Considering your religious beliefs are based on faith and not scientific evidence, they have no relevance in matters of science. And given all citizens have freedom of religion, neither are your religious beliefs given preference over anyone else's. Deal with it.
excuses

Wright City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

I'm dealing with it just fine. Here's something of relevance; Many heterosexual believe you slugs are one of the reasons why our world is so messed up!
Once again God created man and woman so that the two can conceive offspring in a natural way you FREAKS

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
I'm dealing with it just fine. Here's something of relevance; Many heterosexual believe you slugs are one of the reasons why our world is so messed up!
There are simply not enough gays in the world to create the mess you whine about; that's the doing of heterosexuals like yourself. And don't forget, according to your religious beliefs, heterosexuals gave the world sin, including incest (Adam and Eve) and murder (Cain).

So quit blaming gays for your sins and irresponsibility.
excuses wrote:
Once again God created man and woman so that the two can conceive offspring in a natural way you FREAKS
So you and your god hate people who adopt or use science based reproductive assistance technology? Got it.
excuses

Wright City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

No hate for adoption or reproductive assistance at all. I never said God hated any of us. For he is a forgiving God---lucky you

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

excuses wrote:
No hate for adoption or reproductive assistance at all. I never said God hated any of us.
Well, science based reproductive assistance certainly isn't "natural" as YOU phrased it on behalf of God. And gays also make use of that technology. So if it's OK fro straights, then it's OK for gays too.
excuses wrote:
For he is a forgiving God---lucky you
And lucky you since you're the one in a public forum bashing an entire group of His children.

Chagrin Falls, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Terra Firma wrote:
So you and your god hate people who adopt or use science based reproductive assistance technology? Got it.
People like Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court, John Roberts, and his wife must be "slugs" then since they adopted their two kids.

I'm sure everyone remembers who Roberts is. He's the good Catholic who was appointed to the Supreme Court by George W. Bush back in 2005.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of91
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••