JUST IN: Judge rules Prop. 8 ban on s...

JUST IN: Judge rules Prop. 8 ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitu...

There are 682 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Aug 4, 2010, titled JUST IN: Judge rules Prop. 8 ban on same-sex marriage is unconstitu.... In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

A federal court judge in San Francisco today struck down Proposition 8, the voter-approved ban on same-sex marriage in California, ruling that it violates the U.S. Constitution.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

First Prev
of 35
Next Last
kbe

Long Beach, CA

#1 Aug 4, 2010
HURRAY a step in the right direction!!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“I'll b nicer if u'll b smarter”

Since: Aug 10

LBC

#2 Aug 4, 2010
SU.CK IT ... HATERS !!!!

Today is a GREAT day for California.
LOL

El Dorado Hills, CA

#4 Aug 4, 2010
Disgusting!!!

But, I bet all the attorneys are happy. Just more business for them when all the gay divorces start!!
CHS

Long Beach, CA

#5 Aug 4, 2010
I think this was the right legal decision. I know that some folks think this kind of decision would lead to marriage between an adult and a child/dog/car/etc. Not correct. Marriage between two consenting adults would seem to include same-sex marriage.

I should add that my religious views prevent me from celebrating this decision.
patrick

Garden Grove, CA

#6 Aug 4, 2010
small victory, done by a gay judge. Lets go to the supreme court were gay marriage will be ban.
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#8 Aug 4, 2010
It's called a generation gap.Love it or hate it.I don't understand all of this green technology lingo,but you don't see me protesting against it.
popcorn

Ontario, CA

#11 Aug 4, 2010
So a Federal Judge that's a homosexual made this ruling. What a surprise.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Aug 4, 2010
Exactly, now all consenting adults get to experience the eternal damnation of divorce courts.

Batten down the hatches - this not unexpected decision is going to bring the fulminatin' talibangelicals over from the "Christian" forum....
SLIF

Toronto, Canada

#13 Aug 4, 2010
patrick wrote:
First the ruling was in San Fransisco, by a gay judge. Hum, I wonder why that judge was on the bench. Conflict of interest . he probably wants to marry his girly man.
Just concentrate on paying all of the alimony you owe.
Ignorance Is Bliss

Long Beach, CA

#14 Aug 4, 2010
Gay people have the RIGHT to be just as MISERABLE as the rest of us!
Slap in the Face

Long Beach, CA

#15 Aug 4, 2010
Hey Folks,

This is what you get when you vote for liberals. They bankrupt us with unions, they raise taxes, now, they tell us that our votes don't count. What a slap in the face to the voters.

This is the same with overturning the death penalty. Same as Prop 187.

You better think twice when you vote.
Jack

El Dorado Hills, CA

#19 Aug 4, 2010
I don't see this as news. Not many are concerned if Gays can get married or not.

When you have two "grooms", which one carries the bouquet?

LOL!!
It is likely

Long Beach, CA

#20 Aug 4, 2010
Although not shocked at the ruling I am dismayed. What's next marriage between a loving pet and an owner? Let's include a child and a parent..where do it end. I am totally disgusted and once again Kalifornia is a laughing stock of the world although we twice voted for normalcy and sanctity of marriage .
transgend3

Bellevue, WA

#23 Aug 4, 2010
Slap in the Face wrote:
Hey Folks,
This is what you get when you vote for liberals. They bankrupt us with unions, they raise taxes, now, they tell us that our votes don't count. What a slap in the face to the voters.
Ya maybe you shouldn't vote dumbass

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#25 Aug 4, 2010
Judge Walker was appointed to the Federal District Court by President George Herbert Walker Bush, hardly a liberal.
Slap in the Face wrote:
Hey Folks,

“I'll b nicer if u'll b smarter”

Since: Aug 10

LBC

#26 Aug 4, 2010
popcorn wrote:
So a Federal Judge that's a homosexual made this ruling. What a surprise.
First appointed by Ronnie Reagan and then by George H W Bush. Makes your head explode, doesn't it. HA HA HA HA HA

Loving the hate. Keep it coming!!! Gotta love how you are all crawling out from your your rocks to spew your christian hate and homophobia. S.ucks to be a Mormon that mortgaged your house to support Prop 8. Fools!

“A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES”

Since: Aug 08

MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP!

#27 Aug 4, 2010
patrick wrote:
First the ruling was in San Fransisco, by a gay judge. Hum, I wonder why that judge was on the bench. Conflict of interest . he probably wants to marry his girly man.
Hey Pathetic,
Judge Walker has NEVER let his sexual orientation interfere with his professional duties.

Stop being a whiny sore loser......and understand that DISCRIMINATION IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

“Fight bigotry.”

Since: Feb 07

Toms River, NJ

#28 Aug 4, 2010
Animals and children cannot enter into a contract, you may want to educate yourself before showing how much of a fool you are.
It is likely wrote:
Although not shocked at the ruling I am dismayed. What's next marriage between a loving pet and an owner? Let's include a child and a parent..where do it end. I am totally disgusted and once again Kalifornia is a laughing stock of the world although we twice voted for normalcy and sanctity of marriage .
Concerned American

Las Vegas, NV

#30 Aug 4, 2010
This non-elected, homosexual judge has overturned the voice of the people of California, as will the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Not until the issue reaches the Supreme Court will the majority voice be upheld. The fact is that homosexuality is a perversion, just as beastiality and pedophilia are considered perversions. If the governement chooses to legalize marriage between homosexuals, what is to stop them from allowing people to marry their pet goats or their daughters. The liberal left-wing continues its attempt to change the societal norms of this country to match their own despicable agenda, and they are being supported by a court system that ignores the will of the people. We need to put a stop to the social re-engineering that is going on in this country, and the only way to do that is to throw out of office any individual that supports this agenda. Unfortunately, this is California, the land of fruits and nuts and sanctuary cities, so the chances of our actually saving ourselves from this liberal onslaught are slim to none.
Melissa

El Dorado Hills, CA

#31 Aug 4, 2010
Ignorance Is Bliss wrote:
Gay people have the RIGHT to be just as MISERABLE as the rest of us!
They already ARE MISERABLE. That's why they are gayy!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 35
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gay/Lesbian Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What would Jesus say about same-sex marriage? (Jul '15) 17 min Milton 6,138
News New gay-themed features, docs debut at Hartford... 1 hr Uranus 7
Village Bar Cafe 1 hr NE Qbert 1
The gay cafe for GLBT, friends and family (Oct '09) 1 hr NE Qbert 69,531
News Yes, 'Homosexual OCD' - A Fear of Being Gay - I... 2 hr Bartholomew 6
News GLAAD studio study no hooray for Hollywood 2 hr Wondering 11
News 'Free Kim Davis': This is just what gay rights ... (Sep '15) 3 hr Ole Andy 25,630
News Middle School Gay-Straight Alliance Allowed To ... 3 hr Andy 40
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 5 hr cpeter1313 49,354
More from around the web